Night Drive-Heidelberg4x4 - Page 4





Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 359
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,447
    Thanked: 862

    Default

    I got there around half past two. Enough muddy clay to keep one busy for a while...

    These tracks dry out quickly, so the guys scared of wet clay don't have to be too concerned. You can miss it if you want to. Not the drive, the wet.

    I think the southern mountain track is out for a night drive. Lots of places where vehicles can get damaged, and the vehicles will scrape the underside a lot. The eastern one looks fine. Depending on the driver skill level it might take some guiding at night, but no real danger there.

    Some nice tracks through the trees around the various water holes. Some spots which in daytime is not even worth a second look will look heluva scary at night. Nice thing is that there will be no need to put the vehicles at risk to get the adrenaline flowing.

    Should be a good one at night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	164384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	164385  
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    I got there around half past two. Enough muddy clay to keep one busy for a while...

    These tracks dry out quickly, so the guys scared of wet clay don't have to be too concerned. You can miss it if you want to. Not the drive, the wet.

    I think the southern mountain track is out for a night drive. Lots of places where vehicles can get damaged, and the vehicles will scrape the underside a lot. The eastern one looks fine. Depending on the driver skill level it might take some guiding at night, but no real danger there.

    Some nice tracks through the trees around the various water holes. Some spots which in daytime is not even worth a second look will look heluva scary at night. Nice thing is that there will be no need to put the vehicles at risk to get the adrenaline flowing.

    Should be a good one at night.
    Thanks Sakkie

    I couldn't make it to Heidelberg yesterday,I only finished my thing at 14.00

    I also got a bit muddy(Spider Valley)
    Plus-I didn't get stuck

    I can't have been trying hard enough.......

    But we did do about six recoveries.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	164388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	165.4 KB 
ID:	164389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	164390  
    A legend in his own mind

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    581
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incrediblebob View Post
    Thanks Sakkie

    I couldn't make it to Heidelberg yesterday,I only finished my thing at 14.00

    I also got a bit muddy(Spider Valley)
    Plus-I didn't get stuck

    I can't have been trying hard enough.......

    But we did do about six recoveries.
    Ah, I can see why you were getting stuck, that lawn looks rough!!!

    I suppose at least 5 of the recoveries you did were the Toyotas getting stuck on that pavement in the background?
    Justus Immelman

    1970 Land Rover Series IIa 2.25 Petrol 109" (Alternator Conversion, Transistor Ignition) - Lizzy
    1978 Fiat X1/9 (VERY Platkar) - Brutus

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oom_Paul View Post
    Ah, I can see why you were getting stuck, that lawn looks rough!!!

    I suppose at least 5 of the recoveries you did were the Toyotas getting stuck on that pavement in the background?
    It wasn't the lawn that was the prob,it was that kerb onto the driveway
    A legend in his own mind

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    35
    Posts
    257
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crips View Post
    Charel the Mud in the last pic looks inviting
    No pic's of your shoes afterwards?
    LOL, the shoes was out after 5 min, and in a plastic bag, and flip flop on.
    I went prepared as I knew the shoes was only a formality....
    '99 Disco II 4.0 V8

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    35
    Posts
    257
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Then it was Sakkie that I saw on my way out witht he Izuzu.
    Sorry we never got to meet.
    '99 Disco II 4.0 V8

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,447
    Thanked: 862

    Default

    We'll meet at the night drive
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    To warm everybody up-

    I'm working on a decent prize for the longest mud drive on the saturday afternoon
    17.00 hrs

    In the main dam,close to the waters edge,we will mark a 'path' out with plastic poles....

    Whoever gets the furthest with no stopping,wins
    2nd. Stops once
    3rd. Stops twice

    Sakkie has kindly volunteered to set a bench mark on the saturday avie

    If everybody gets through it without stopping,Sakkie has to swim across the dam
    Thats fair isn't it?

    If I get another decent prize,we can do it to 'warm up' again on the sunday morning...

    Waiting for confirmation from a few off forum guys,but here's a list of whos coming-so far.
    Please add your name if I've missed yours,or want to join,delete if not coming please-

    Crips-camping
    Oom Paul
    Sakkie
    Incrediblebob-camping
    Eddie-camping
    RayRay
    Kyman-camping
    Charel
    Coert&Hester
    NicoP (tentative)
    Roelof B,if he can convince swambo
    Aubrey and Johan –camping
    Chris ZA
    Sweeper and Dad
    Vanemmenis
    Hillbilly
    A legend in his own mind

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,905
    Thanked: 20

    Default

    Sorry guys won't make it.
    '86 SFA Hilux V6

    Sponsors:

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Witfield, Boksburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Updated

    Crips-camping
    Razor - camping (sani)
    Oom Paul
    Sakkie
    Incrediblebob-camping
    Eddie-camping
    RayRay
    Kyman-camping
    Charel
    Coert&Hester
    Roelof B,if he can convince swambo
    Aubrey and Johan –camping
    Chris ZA
    Sweeper and Dad
    Vanemmenis
    Hillbilly
    Chris

    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

    1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Malelane
    Age
    40
    Posts
    762
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    We're definately in! But will sleep in my own bed.

    Updated

    Crips-camping
    Razor - camping (sani)
    Oom Paul
    Sakkie
    Incrediblebob-camping
    Eddie-camping
    RayRay
    Kyman-camping
    Charel
    Coert&Hester
    Roelof B,if he can convince swambo
    Aubrey and Johan –camping
    Chris ZA
    Sweeper and Dad
    Vanemmenis + swambo + 2
    Hillbilly
    Bert + swambo +1 (off forum spectator)

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,447
    Thanked: 862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incrediblebob View Post
    If everybody gets through it without stopping,Sakkie has to swim across the dam
    Thats fair isn't it?
    Of course you know what that threat means....
    Sakkie Coetzee

    Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    Of course you know what that threat means....
    You can't swim?
    Or going to make sure you don't have to?

    But,as you volunteered to set the benchmark,and knowing you,you're bound to get in a sticky situation
    A legend in his own mind

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    After much work and research,I managed to find a aerial view at Heidelberg4x4
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A legend in his own mind

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Witfield, Boksburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incrediblebob View Post
    After much work and research,I managed to find a aerial view at Heidelberg4x4
    I took the chopper and took a pic for you, quick quick
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chris

    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

    1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

  16. #76
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crips View Post
    I took the chopper and took a pic for you, quick quick
    I'm sure thats my Disco in the main dam
    A legend in his own mind

  17. #77
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Witfield, Boksburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incrediblebob View Post
    I'm sure thats my Disco in the main dam
    How full is the main dam?
    Looks like rain again this weekend
    Chris

    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

    1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

  18. #78
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crips View Post
    How full is the main dam?
    Looks like rain again this weekend
    When I was there two weeks ago the small dam was completely dry.
    Got to see how deep it can be as we once tried to drive it if you remember?

    We got across the main dam,but its rained since,and as you say its forecast rain again.

    But when we were last there,we still managed a long straight track going up to that long hill-which is fun when wet
    So we might not be able to drive around the dam.

    Also looking at Charels pics it looks like the smaller dam has water in=
    MUD
    A legend in his own mind

  19. #79
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vtown
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,054
    Thanked: 83

    Default

    Just got confirmation for the 1st Prize for the Mud Run

    A lekker set of hella 700F spotlights-see pic

    PLUS FREE FITTING!!!

    Donated by Pierre of 4Wheel Traction Technologies(best mechanic-ever) and
    Midas,both from Vanderbijlpark
    Thanks guys

    The above okes will also be joining us at the weekend.
    They will judge the Mud Run.

    Please note that any prizes are not redeemable for money or sexual favours,and the fitting of the lights will be done by 4Wheel Traction Technologies

    By the way,entrance to Heidelberg4x4 is free,you only pay if driving the trail!
    So any spectators are welcome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A legend in his own mind

  20. #80
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Witfield, Boksburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,872
    Thanked: 62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incrediblebob View Post
    Just got confirmation for the 1st Prize for the Mud Run

    A lekker set of hella 700F spotlights-see pic

    PLUS FREE FITTING!!!

    Donated by Pierre of 4Wheel Traction Technologies(best mechanic-ever) and
    Midas,both from Vanderbijlpark
    Thanks guys

    The above okes will also be joining us at the weekend.
    They will judge the Mud Run.

    Please note that any prizes are not redeemable for money or sexual favours,and the fitting of the lights will be done by 4Wheel Traction Technologies

    By the way,entrance to Heidelberg4x4 is free,you only pay if driving the trail!
    So any spectators are welcome!
    Wow, very nice price!
    i better be there early so I can practice me thinks
    Chris

    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

    1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Suzuki4x4GP Day/Night drive
    By wizerd in forum Suzuki
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 2012/08/31, 10:07 AM
  2. Trip report Makgadikgadi-Moremi-Chobe-Khwai-KTP
    By Itchy Feet in forum Botswana
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2010/09/05, 04:42 PM
  3. Night drive @ berakah is on!!!
    By incrediblebob in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 2009/10/30, 10:39 AM
  4. Help with planning Zambia expedition
    By AB vT in forum Zambia
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2009/06/23, 06:57 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009/03/04, 08:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •