Terracan vs Tucsan

Default Terracan vs Tucsan

Hi guys

I have a budget of R120 000 and would like to buy either a Can or Tucson but I cant really decide which one...

We donít go into the "boendoes" often so the 4L is not essential but it would be great to have. We do travel long distance often; JHB - Hazyview/kruger or JHB - Durban at least 4 times a year so comfort, reliability, comfort and affordability plays a big role here. I would like to go the diesel route.

Can anyone help here
    Last edited by VikingRSA; 2012/08/22 at 03:47 PM.

Viking, how many in the family? I think the Tucsons fuel consumption is prolly 2km/l better?
    Space the Can have got lots off, just make sure that you get it checked properly, prefferably by the AA to prevent any hidden ghosts. 90 000km service is big and expensive. If lower than that, make sure they include it in the deal, if older than that, make sure it was properly done!

Having driven both the diesel Tuscan and Can I personally went for the Can. It's got more space, the bigger engine just made it easier to drive and I wanted something that was more 4x4 capable. However, within your budget don't exclude looking at the 2.0l petrol Tuscan! The servicing of the petrol Tuscan can be substantially cheaper than the diesel and the service intervals are further apart. The tyres for the Tuscan are also cheaper. Best advice though is to drive them all, pick the one you like best then hunt for a good deal from a reputable dealer.