Bush Lapa mods - Page 3

Page 3 of 354 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 253 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Lapa mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    I am very sure he will not regret it. This will probably be his last off-road caravan purchase.
    I don't know hey............I can see me trading mine in some time in the future.....

....on the latest Bush Lapa model on the market at the time.....

I believe Jannie has something special planned for Bush Lapa no. 100. From what I understand this will be a one van only, once-off, out of the box model. He can tell you more about that himself. The nice thing though is that the basic design, I believe, is here to stay. The cosmetic changes will be easy to add..........not so easy on the budget.....
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    I can see me trading mine in some time in the future
    Sorry for taking your comment out of context, but I feel about Miskruier no. 30 as Charlton Heston about his gun when he said to the gun control lobbyist in America: "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers."

Probably a bit dramatic, but I am really fond of the thing. Every evening after work when I pull into the driveway, my eyes fall upon it and ... okay, back to work now.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D 4x4 Auto with a Bush Lapa Miskruier (#30) following closely behind.
    In the process of going there and doing that.

Was just joking........I feel te same. Hope my kids one day appreciate the Miskruier when I moved on............... Damn Jaco......I suppose you are right.........time to earn my salary..... This is what I like about the "subscribe" option on a thread
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    Tobie, here is some pics of the cutlery tray I referred to earlier. Michael's Miskruier is of the earlier versions and, it seems, do not have the little drawer on top of the middle console of the kitchen.

In the pics you will see the plastic cutlery tray I referred to that fits perfectly on the upper edges of the drawer.

(Sorry, the pics are not that great, the Miskruier's nest is a bit cramped)
    Thanks Jaco, that is how I understood it. Can't wait for my #59 (should I have waited for #100 ?? - no, difficult to imagine what I would have missed out on in the mean time)

I also ordered my Rooimier without seeing one Bushlapa caravan in the flesh.
    In fact I went onto the forum originally to make a final decision on buying one of the well known brands, and the Bushlapa thread was the first up.
    Having never heard of the name let alone what they made it was through curiosity that I opened the thread, and boy was I glad I did.
    It is No 54 off the line and tomorrow is D Day to collect, and I am as excited as getting my first 50cc when I turned 16!

I know exactly how you feel... I did not even have the benefit of a thread . I was happy with my Commander and only accompanied my camping buddy to Worcester in the beginning of 2011 so he could have a look at the prototype Jannie had........for moral support you see...... Man........I was blown away........the rest is history.......

Edit - remember to post some pictures........
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Onematch, enjoy every moment of it and take some photo's and post them please...... What tent did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by Onematch View Post
    I went onto the forum originally to make a final decision on buying one of the well known brands, and the Bushlapa thread was the first up ... it was through curiosity that I opened the thread, and boy was I glad I did.
    How proud we are now! Said this before, but you will not be sorry. You will not have a good nights rest, I didn't, also not tomorrow evening, the excitement is just to great.

Pics please.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D 4x4 Auto with a Bush Lapa Miskruier (#30) following closely behind.
    In the process of going there and doing that.

Thanks for the comments!
    Tobie I ordered the Bushwing which Jannie has adapted to fit as it is quite a bit longer than the 'van and it is the first Rooimier they have manufactured one for. It will be interesting how they dealt with the different profile, but seems so much more practical to operate and looks to be a very sensible design - I will post pics once I get my hands on her!

Onematch, we also decided on the Bushwing....

Ja Swaer the wait is the hardest part - what model have you ordered?

Vlooi, the 2 sleeper. Also looked at Rooimier but in the end decided on Vlooi

Earth to Rob..........calling Rob

Stop playing with your new toy and post some pictures already .
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

+1

Wink

Ok sorry for the delay in posting - just battled to resize pic of Jannie with his better half and myself collecting the Rooimier in Jeffreys Bay.

WE HAVE It at last!!!!

We were going to travel to Somerset East via the dirt over the Zuurberg to test dustproofing , but there was a small prob.
    The connection to the Disco via the plug at the hitch seems to put out too much voltage for the new led taillights (it seems fine for the old filament type bulbs), and Jannie said that he put a loom in his bakkie, which obviously reduces the current.
    So the taillights came on but the brake lights and flickers were not operating properly, just flashing intermittently, and its worth sorting this potential issue out before towing.
    Due to this we decided to travel on the tar, as the dirt would have had us arriving in the dark, and with a question mark over lights it was'nt a good call.

(Will post on Landy site.)

But onto much more important things!!

Swambo and I LOVE the van - it is exactly as I hoped in terms of build quality, as good or better than expected.
    All the openings (roof, bed, kitchen, nose cone and main door) open under slight to medium pressure giving the feeling of proper sealing against dust and moisture.

The towing was really good, no swaying at all and she tracked beautifully. Being pretty light (680kg with the Bushwing fitted) the Disco hardly felt her and I found myself having to slow down a few times from 120. This on the tar road towards Cookhouse.
    The tar road from Uitehage to Addo is really uneven and not in good nick, narrow, lots of big trucks and breaking up, and you could feel the van at times, though not in a bad way, but obviously different to having nothing behind. A bit like a medium sized trailer, which weight wise I suppose is similar. I think having a short wheelbase helps the stability when towing.

The Rooimier is almost exactly the same size as the Disco in width so side mirrors worked well.

Spent Saturday up early (new pressie) to set things up-the bed is perfect in size for the two of us, and I set up the Bushwing with the sides (even though the wind is howling here). Works like a dream and the fit is great.
    Used the high lift jack to level the van off, which incidentally is used as a jack to change tyres.

I will post more pics after next weekend when we go to Double Mouth near Morgan Bay - if weather ok.

Jannie fitted the gas geyser (thanks Mike) to the nose cone and it looks as though it belongs there. We will just attach a hosepipe from the watertank tap to the geyser using those Gardena connections.
    Jannie mentioned letting the geyser cool off before closing door as if it is very hot it will damage the dust seal.

I still cannot believe how practical and well laid out the whole Rooimier is considering its size. Even mother in law was blown away!!! She compared it to the old days of caravanning.

Those are my first impressions, and as we use her more and use the shower, fridge etc, will post comments.

Jannie said it was the 3rd Rooimier he has sold, and I think that Arrie should put some comments up as he has done a trip to Angola? The more the merrier!

One, sorry two, very, very happy campers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bushlapa2.jpg 
Views:	2125 
Size:	207.1 KB 
ID:	162281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bl rooimier.jpg 
Views:	2046 
Size:	229.1 KB 
ID:	162282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bl geyser.jpg 
Views:	4633 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	162283  

The dim flashing is just the D3s bulb failure sensing pulse. The trailer lights should still work properly when activated. The LEDs are more sensitive than the regular tungsten bulbs, so you can see the flashing each time it pulses. The D3 will unfortunately not 'see' the trailer due to the LEDs, so your rear PDC will not deactivate, ride height will not be limited and trailer bulbs will not be monitored.
    Todd
    D4 V8 HSE

CONGRATULTIONS Onematch and wishing you many miles (and smiles) of towing pleasure.
    Last edited by Tobie4x4; 2012/08/26 at 09:19 AM.

See......told you it was worth the wait .

Tobie is probably chewing his toe nails by now..... We feel your pain Tobie.... Congratulations Rob! The van is beautiful! I wish you many, many happy camping trips! Keep the feedback coming..... Hope you get the Disco sorted out quickly.
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2012/08/30 at 10:32 AM.
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

When the Miskruier is stored at home, I find it difficult to work in the storage space under the bed with 3 sections of mattress on top of it. I permanently keep a short length of a broom stick on top of the things I store under the bed where it is easy to reach. I use this stick as a prop under the lid of the hatch. It is much easier to work under there without being attacked by the hatch and the weight of the mattresses....
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Congratulations Onematch! How about a couple of photos of the pitched Rooimier and around the kitchen area and the inside of the van please?

Page 3 of 354 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 253 ... LastLast