Page 380 of 385 FirstFirst ... 130 280 330 355 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 7682

Thread: Bush Lapa mods

Default Re: Bush Lapa mods

Ek is ook besig om my elektriese stelsel te verbeter. Ek het 'n Blue Nova 13V-108aH battery en 'n Victron Smart charger MPPT 75/15. Ook besig om 'n los paneel te kry, een van daardie flex solar wat Munnika Trading in Kaapstad verkoop. Ek is van plan om die los sonpaneel by die BH prop op die A-raam te koppel. Nou wil ek dieselfde MPPT laaier gebruik en wil weet of ek die draad vanaf die A raam aan die solar breeker kan koppel. Dit sal dan wees dat albei die sonpanele (dak en los een) deur die breker sal gaan na die MPPT en vandaar na die battery. Die vaste solar is 140w en die los een sal 120w wees. Sien julle enige probleem met so 'n stelsel? Dankie.
    Ben

RY WAAR JY MAG MET PASSIE

2009 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D DC 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Ek is ook besig om my elektriese stelsel te verbeter. Ek het 'n Blue Nova 13V-108aH battery en 'n Victron Smart charger MPPT 75/15. Ook besig om 'n los paneel te kry, een van daardie flex solar wat Munnika Trading in Kaapstad verkoop. Ek is van plan om die los sonpaneel by die BH prop op die A-raam te koppel. Nou wil ek dieselfde MPPT laaier gebruik en wil weet of ek die draad vanaf die A raam aan die solar breeker kan koppel. Dit sal dan wees dat albei die sonpanele (dak en los een) deur die breker sal gaan na die MPPT en vandaar na die battery. Die vaste solar is 140w en die los een sal 120w wees. Sien julle enige probleem met so 'n stelsel? Dankie.
    Die 75/15 se max PV is 220W (vir 12V panele) so die 260W gaan bietjie baie wees: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload...20_48V-EN-.pdf

Die heel beste sal wees 'n tweede controller op die A-raam se kabel, naby die battery (wat ons gedoen het). Dit gaan ook help om maksimum krag uit beide panele te kry. Mens kan probeer om die panele in serie te koppel vir 'n 24V stelsel wat die Victron sal kan hanteer maar dan het mens of al die panele aan die loop of geen (of mens sal iets ingewikkeld moet McGyver met isolator switches).
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Musashi For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Musashi;
    Die heel beste sal wees 'n tweede controller op die A-raam se kabel, naby die battery (wat ons gedoen het). Dit gaan ook help om maksimum krag uit beide panele te kry..[/QUOTE]

Dankie vir die advies, ek kan die ou controller gebruik.
    Ben

RY WAAR JY MAG MET PASSIE

2009 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D DC 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by racingjason View Post
    We has BL add a sheet of stainless under the cooker, it made a big difference. It has the added bonus of making cleanup under the cooker a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by racingjason View Post
    We has BL add a sheet of stainless under the cooker, it made a big difference. It has the added bonus of making cleanup under the cooker a bit easier.
    Thanks, I’ll chat to BL.

This is not a mod as such but a very useful addition. Creates space for bits and bobs outside the door including torches, toiletries, etc. And the hooks take jackets, towels, caps, whatever. I made the frame to fit over the wheel and the bag I bought as is at a local shop. Great for goggas without the packing space behind the door like the Boabab and Ratel. Just clip on when you get to camp.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Doring Danie For This Useful Post:

Broken Geyser Brackets
    Has anybody else had a problem like this? This is more a repair that a mod.
    In April between Nossob and Mata-Mata my Kexin geyser broke off its brackets. I did not find the roads very bad. I suppose with the geyser mounted in the back door on the Baobab it will take more hammering than when mounted in the side door behind the fridge. The brackets are fastened to the back of the geyser with a few spot-welds. The back and front of the geyser are extremely thin metal. The brackets itself is made of slightly thicker metal. The radiator section is screwed on with 4 small self tapping screws into this very thin beer can thick back plate. Everything inside looks quite thin and delicate. I don't think these things were ever designed/built to go on off road caravans. Mounted on a wall not shaking around will be fine. I drilled new holes and bolted the brackets on. Washers both sides to hopefully spread the load. Also replaced the self tapping screws with small bolts and nuts.
    I am thinking of making some quick release hook for the geyser and rather keep the geyser lying flat on a sponge in the back shelf and then just hook it onto the backdoor when setting up camp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear door.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	625664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Broken bracket.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	625665   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radiator.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	625666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bracket Bolted.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	625667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bottom Shelf.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	625668  
    Hugo Burger
    Ranger 3.2
    Baobab 1796 "Boom Huis"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hubu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hubu View Post
    Broken Geyser Brackets
    In April between Nossob and Mata-Mata my Kexin geyser broke off its brackets. I did not find the roads very bad. I suppose with the geyser mounted in the back door on the Baobab it will take more hammering than when mounted in the side door behind the fridge. The brackets are fastened to the back of the geyser with a few spot-welds. The back and front of the geyser are extremely thin metal. The brackets itself is made of slightly thicker metal. The radiator section is screwed on with 4 small self tapping screws into this very thin beer can thick back plate. Everything inside looks quite thin and delicate. I don't think these things were ever designed/built to go on off road caravans. Mounted on a wall not shaking around will be fine. I drilled new holes and bolted the brackets on. Washers both sides to hopefully spread the load. Also replaced the self tapping screws with small bolts and nuts.
    I am thinking of making some quick release hook for the geyser and rather keep the geyser lying flat on a sponge in the back shelf and then just hook it onto the backdoor when setting up camp.
    That's no good! Will have to inspect mine and make a plan to strengthen it.
    Last edited by Grumbles; 2021/08/08 at 02:49 PM.
    2021 Hilux Raider 2.8 GD-6 4x4 D/C Auto "Luxy"
    2018 Baobab 4 - B1543 "Nala"

Bacon fact #16 - Bacon is healthier than Crystal Meth!

Dieselfde het met myne gebeur met ons trip na die Richtersveld. Het hom ook vas gemaak met 4 boute so sal nie sommer weer los kom nie.
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4
    2019 Bush Lapa Baobab 3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Coenraadhl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hubu View Post
    Broken Geyser Brackets
    Yessir, happened to me after 6 yrs of use and abuse. My geyser bottom bracket had the spot welds break last week or so. I pulled the whole thing off and it’s sitting in a storage container along with all the other shower accessories. I’ve found that in the bush, those things use too much water, so we just heat water on the stove top, and do it tea cup style. Works fine for us and saves water dor a family of six. If I upgrade to a larger BL, I’ll nix the geyser altogether.
    Last edited by Climbingnut; 2021/08/08 at 10:13 PM.
    David Killough
    2016 Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    1995 Landcruiser (UK Spec) SOLD
    Bushlapa Miskruier 321
    www.killoughfamily.com

I am looking for a solution for my Boskriek shower. Shower water creates a lot of mud. Also want to be able to dump water away from BL.
    Would like a mod to keep shower area mud free, and easy water disposal
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by TimTDP View Post
    I am looking for a solution for my Boskriek shower. Shower water creates a lot of mud. Also want to be able to dump water away from BL.
    Would like a mod to keep shower area mud free, and easy water disposal
    Thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210810_185034_com.facebook.katana.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	625911

17. The Following User Says Thank You to fatbike For This Useful Post:

Does anyone have accurate information of the nose weight of a Ratel 4i with empty water tank and then with full water tank.
    Peter

2006 Pajero Gen3 LWB 3.2 DiD
    2015 Pajero Gen4 LWB 3.2 DiD
    2019 Pajero Gen4 SWB 3.2 DiD

Quote Originally Posted by fatbike View Post

Name:	Screenshot_20210810_185034_com.facebook.katana.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	625911
    Do you have a website for this?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TimTDP For This Useful Post:

Contact forum member Putta, also from Cape Town. They were selling similar shower floors, not sure if they still do
    Last edited by Sebastiaan; 2021/08/11 at 07:58 PM.

Name:	Screenshot_20210811_201753_com.facebook.katana.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	626035

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatbike For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fatbike View Post

Name:	Screenshot_20210811_201753_com.facebook.katana.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	626035

Namibia Bushlappa manne.
    Bushwackers hou die produk aan . Kan sommer vir kinder bad/swembad dien. Nys kom in....

25. The Following User Says Thank You to janseekat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    Contact forum member Putta, also from Cape Town. They were selling similar shower floors, not sure if they still do
    I bought from them works well

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

Good Day

I had a jack, same as the jacks on the back of my Vlooi fitted to the a-frame of my Vlooi.. Thought I could use it to jack up the front of the Vlooi to take the weight off the jockey wheel..this was fitted, if you stand infront of the Vlooi, on the left of the A-Frame.

Well..had it done by Bushlapa..and yes, problem..when I jack up the front of the Vlooi, to take the weight of the jockey wheel, the Vlooi gets pushed to the right if you stand infront of the Vlooi, which makes this newly fitted jack completely useless..

Anybody else have the same experience?

Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Triton Clubcab 2x4 2.5 DID
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

Default Bush Lapa mods

Yes same “problem”. Ek sit ‘n blok voor en agter die wiele dan loop hy nie. Of ek lig die wa met die voorste stabiliser, sit ‘n houtblok onder die pyp van die jocky wiel en laat sak. Gewig is dan af vanaf die wiel en die wa staan stewig waar hy is met beide die stabiliser en jockey wiel wat mekaar ondersteun - geen gewig op die wiel nie.
    Last edited by Uys Snyders; 2021/09/14 at 10:10 AM.
    Uys Snyders

Toyota Fortuner 2.4 4x4
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237