Bush Lapa mods - Page 353

Page 353 of 359 FirstFirst ... 103 253 303 328 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 7175

Thread: Bush Lapa mods

Default Re: Bush Lapa mods

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    What/where are the mop and broom for? for awning maybe before packing up?

I use a chamois and small brush and pan for quick cleaning.

In my case I must admit, the broom and garden rake hardly ever gets used, I might take them out soon. The mop with extendable handle we use very often to remove the dust off the solar panel on the roof. You can reach the panel even with the side bed open. I do this at each new site when travelling on gravel roads. A clean panel is slightly more effective than a dusty and dirty one.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    What/where are the mop and broom for? for awning maybe before packing up?

I use a chamois and small brush and pan for quick cleaning.
    Mop is for Solar panels, and the broom for the groundnet, to clear leaves when we are on one spot for a while.

Dont use them often but handy when needed, and I hate things on top of one another when it is needed.

Grumbles
    2008 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 "Sushi the Tuna"
    2018 Baobab 4 - B1543 "Nala"

Bacon fact #16 - Bacon is Healthier than Crystal Meth!

We've been battling with bad/plastic tasting water in the Boabab since new. Tried all the tricks in the book, but no luck.

The past long weekend we however realized that when the the kettle is filled from the tap on the back, the water is perfect. Use the shower head extension at the kitchen (which we mostly do) and the plastic taste is back.

Has anybody modified the tap arrangement at the kitchen to get rid of that extension? - looking for some ideas.

Thanks

Johan
    Pajero Gen 4 GLX 30 Year Heritage Edition - Grondpad
    VW Tiguan 2.0TDi - Teerpad
    Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

Hi all Bushlapians,

Hope someone can help me!!!

I read somewhere that there is a "room extension" available for the section at the rear door of the gogga range; basically to close off that section where the spare wheel and door is.

Can someone direct me to this mod please or where I can get it?

Thanks
    Nys
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by LowRange View Post
    We've been battling with bad/plastic tasting water in the Boabab since new. Tried all the tricks in the book, but no luck.

The past long weekend we however realized that when the the kettle is filled from the tap on the back, the water is perfect. Use the shower head extension at the kitchen (which we mostly do) and the plastic taste is back.

Has anybody modified the tap arrangement at the kitchen to get rid of that extension? - looking for some ideas.

Thanks

Johan
    Johan, not sure how to solve your problem, but I think it is because of the distance that water lies in that pipe for long and gets the taste.

You could try installing a basic filter followed by a “taste and odour” T33 filter there.

I dont use the BL main tank for drinking or cooking, we have 2 x 10l dedicated drinking containers with taps.

Grumbles

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Hi all Bushlapians,

Hope someone can help me!!!

I read somewhere that there is a "room extension" available for the section at the rear door of the gogga range; basically to close off that section where the spare wheel and door is.

Can someone direct me to this mod please or where I can get it?

Thanks
    Nys
    Nys,

Do you want a bigger room there or just close the section off while the awning is open?

With the awning open, you just need 2 x side panels and the room divider.

We did this when we rented a Miskruier in 2017 and worked great.

The BL room divider incorporates a door also so then that little area you create ends up having two doors, one at the wheel and one at the divide.

This pic is from the Baobab, which is our “shower room” but its the same concept.

Im standing in the door of the divide taking the pic.

Grumbles

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbles View Post
    Nys,

Do you want a bigger room there or just close the section off while the awning is open?

With the awning open, you just need 2 x side panels and the room divider.

We did this when we rented a Miskruier in 2017 and worked great.

The BL room divider incorporates a door also so then that little area you create ends up having two doors, one at the wheel and one at the divide.

This pic is from the Baobab, which is our “shower room” but its the same concept.

Im standing in the door of the divide taking the pic.

Grumbles

Yes, just want to close off the section. With the arrival of mini swambo, our dogs don’t have a place to sleep in the Boskriek. So I want to push them outside in this divider.

It is this or forking out for a Boabab
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Go for the Baobab for sure!!! hahaha

Seriously, ask BL if they are willing and able just to supply the first two sides (from the back), plus the divider. Unless you have the sides?

It is going to cost, I think last year that room divider alone was R2200 ex VAT!!

Grumbles

Go for the Baobab for sure!!! hahaha

Seriously, ask BL if they are willing and able just to supply the first two sides (from the back), plus the divider. Unless you have the sides?

It is going to cost, I think last year that room divider alone was R2200 ex VAT!!

Grumbles

Yes, have all the sides already. 2,200 is less than a Boabab
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Go to any canvas shop to make you a sheet that just attaches to the awning beam. Add a zip on the side so that it joins up with the canvas sidewall. The predicament however is that you can't use the standard rear basin bracket. Might have to be a bit creative there.
    Last edited by George; 2019/10/08 at 12:02 PM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Go to any canvas shop to make you a sheet that just attaches to the awning beam. Add a zip on the side so that it joins up with the canvas sidewall. The predicament however is that you can't use the standard rear basin bracket. Might have to be a bit creative there.
    If I go this route (i.e. if Swambo allows that I throw the dogs out), it will literally just be used in the evenings. So no worry over the basin etc.
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Yes, just want to close off the section. With the arrival of mini swambo, our dogs don’t have a place to sleep in the Boskriek. So I want to push them outside in this divider.

It is this or forking out for a Boabab
    Nee Gert ons weet mos albei wat die antwoord is!
    Uys Snyders

Trailblazer 2.8DuraMax
    Bushlapa Vlooi B237

Nee wat, dan is dit maklik. Net 'n canvas sheet wat bo aanclip. Canvas shop sal jou seker R800 charge vir die job.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Jip, you can get just a sheet, whats nice about the proper thing is that it slides into the extrusion on the corner, and looks neat and part of the sides.

If you have the sides then no issues.

Grumbles

Nee wat, dan is dit maklik. Net 'n canvas sheet wat bo aanclip. Canvas shop sal jou seker R800 charge vir die job.
    Jip, you can get just a sheet, whats nice about the proper thing is that it slides into the extrusion on the corner, and looks neat and part of the sides.

If you have the sides then no issues.

Grumbles
    Which is why I will go original
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

The Goggas don't have that extrusion so it'll have to get fitted anyway so anyone can make that canvas to fit where ever you want it.

The Goggas don't have that extrusion so it'll have to get fitted anyway so anyone can make that canvas to fit where ever you want it.
    Did not know that George, guess the Miskruier (2016 model) that we rented, must have had that done as an extra.

But yes any place can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    I bought this solar motion sensor light and still need to figure out where to secure it. I suppose it will depend on how we set up camp and it can be fixed on anything from a tree, to the BL.
    I added a piece of double sided velcro and a magnet to mine, now I can use it virtually anywhere:

This weekend has not been the first time going camping, and the ^%$$# batteries for the geyser igniter are dead. With me just saying to my fellow camper, please remember to take along spare batteries for you geyser... in essence jinxing myself

Has anyone done some mod for the geyser batteries? I am considering using some voltage regulator from 12V to 3V with a switch, from the 12V light or hella plug. These circuits are so small, you can even hide it inside tehbattery cavity and this way I should always have at least an igniter. Any comments on this idea?
    Jacques

2013 Amarok BiTDi DC 4Motion
    2018 Bushlapa Ratel 4 Military Edition - BL1402

Sold - 2011 Conqueror Comfort
    Sold - 2004 Isuzu KB300 DC (was only 4x2 but a happy 240000km and 9 years)

Quote Originally Posted by pretorjn View Post
    This weekend has not been the first time going camping, and the ^%$$# batteries for the geyser igniter are dead. With me just saying to my fellow camper, please remember to take along spare batteries for you geyser... in essence jinxing myself

Has anyone done some mod for the geyser batteries? I am considering using some voltage regulator from 12V to 3V with a switch, from the 12V light or hella plug. These circuits are so small, you can even hide it inside tehbattery cavity and this way I should always have at least an igniter. Any comments on this idea?
    Good idea. Have a look at http://www.circuitdiagram.org/12v-to-3v-converter.html if you can or know someone that can quickly build this for you.

RS Components should also be able to build one for you, but best to phone or visit them as they never reply on emails.

A simpler version can be built using only two resistors. Google for "Voltage Divider Circuit" or see http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/vol...der-calculator. It would handle less amps than the first example given.
    Last edited by Monkey-D; 2019/10/14 at 08:14 PM.
    Riaan

2019 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 GX-R
    2015 Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5TD V8
    2017 VW Golf 7.5 R
    2016 Bush Lapa Miskruier (Kampwa)