Bush Lapa mods - Page 2

Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Lapa mods

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    And where the cable enters the kitchen cupboard? Is there an existing hole as well?
    There is a gap that you can feed the cable through running up above the water pump.

Hi Jwagener. I have been in contact with André and I even posted a photo of his Boskriek elsewhere on the forum........he will also be joining us on the Bush Lapa GTG next month in the Cedar mountains . We have only been to Mozambique but Willem (Aviator609) and ASwambo has been to Botswana. Jannie from Bush Lapa has been through Kaokoland some 6,000 plus km in July and before he started production in 2011, he did pre-road and field tests across Sani Pass in the Drakensberg Mountains. I'm sure there are more that has been further up north - hope to hear from them...
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2012/08/21 at 09:06 AM.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    I'm sure there are more that has been further up north - hope to hear from them
    I recently spoke with Jannie from Bush Lapa, he and some other with 3 Bush Lapa's were in Koakoland recently, as I have it up to the Kunene. That is the furthest that I know of.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D 4x4 Auto with a Bush Lapa Miskruier (#30) following closely behind.
    In the process of going there and doing that.

I'm looking forward to Jason Porter's trip report some time in the future. He is a forum member (racingjason) from Canada and after purchasing his Bush Lapa, he will be travelling trough Africa all the way to Europe...

Oops.......this has nothing to do with mods . I'll attempt to make it count by adding a picture of my loading space on the opposite side of the kitchen slide. In here I keep my 2 director chairs (out of sight around the corner on the right), my no.6 pot in its OW zip bag with fold up tripod (behind the bucket), my pop-up shower (left), Gas geyser with all its fittings in a OW zip bag (originally designed for a ground sheet), bucket, 2 containers to wash dishes and an ammo box with odds and ends. Still some wasted space but it works for now.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Default what is this??

going thrue you list i found this "Tile rummy" what is it i understand the different names in English and Afrikaans but am i missing something or is it a stupid question help please

Jaco, Michael and other BL fanatics have you added any covering on the floor and in the storage shelves including kitchen e.g rubber mats or carpeting?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobie4x4 View Post
    have you added any covering on the floor and in the storage shelves including kitchen e.g rubber mats or carpeting?
    Yes Tobie, the floor of the caravan is checkerplate aluminium and is tough on bare feet. I purchased a floormat at Game that fits perfectly. The floor is about 600mm x 1300mm. Maybe you should check this with Jannie to ensure you get the right size mat.

The kitchen cupboards has rubber mats, but I put some in the cupboards next to the door as well.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D 4x4 Auto with a Bush Lapa Miskruier (#30) following closely behind.

Quote Originally Posted by derickb View Post
    going thrue you list i found this "Tile rummy" what is it i understand the different names in English and Afrikaans but am i missing something or is it a stupid question help please
    I was wondering as well Derick, but being from a technical school, I was afraid of sounding dumb and therefore did not ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobie4x4 View Post
    Jaco of Michael kan julle dalk vir my se hoe hoog die rakke in die kombuis is? Ons wil plastiekbakke saamvat maar wil nie die verkeerde hoogtes aankoop.
    The above question from the review thread. I took some pictures this morning to assist with possible measurements for containers. The containers should not be wider than 29cm. If it is more, you will have a problem closing the kitchen door. Below are some pictures of the ones we currently use. EDIT....looking at the pictures, one cannot judge the depth and the cupboards look small. Do not be fooled, you will not believe the amount of groceries you can fit in here - ask any BL owner.....

A few pics of the containers. The one on the top shelf takes up the full width and the 2 stacked on the bottom shelf is only about 20cm wide. The name "Hobby" appears on the bottom of these 2 smaller containers

We are in between trips so the cupboard is bare...

I did not take the 1 kitchen drawer with stove on top option. I have 2 kitchen drawers. Below are pics of the top and bottom drawers. Deurmekaar......ek weet......sal met "management" moet chat.

This is the box behind the NL. You will not believe what fits in there - see my pack list on earlier post.

I also bought a mat from Game Jaco . Perfect width but just short. I use the small one in front. Kitchen cupboards come standard with heavy duty rubber mats. You can arrange to have these in the clothing cupboards as well.

I also had extra elastic storage compartments fitted so management and kids can cart along more junk....

En my previous post I showed the storage space opposite the kitchen. This is a view from the kitchen side. You can now see where I store the 2 director chairs plus 2 smaller chairs for the kids. In the gap below that chairs, I have the poles for my 6m windbreaker.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0586.JPG 
Views:	13937 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	161688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0587.JPG 
Views:	13935 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	161689   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0588.JPG 
Views:	13841 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	161690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0589.JPG 
Views:	13799 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	161691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0590.JPG 
Views:	13790 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	161692   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0591.JPG 
Views:	13748 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	161693   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0592.JPG 
Views:	13690 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	161694   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0594.JPG 
Views:	13672 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	161695  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0595.JPG 
Views:	13342 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	161696   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0596.JPG 
Views:	13568 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	161697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0597.JPG 
Views:	13401 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	161698  
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2012/08/21 at 09:12 AM.
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Quote Originally Posted by derickb View Post
    It is a game the kids (and adults) play. Much like rummy with cards but only with little tiles. I think some refer to it as rummy cup ..... or something like that. Definitely not Bush Lapa specific....
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Michael and Jaco I am getting deeper and deeper in debt to the two of you, thank you.

Excellent thread Michael!

Ha ha ha....... I made 3...... one for each of my 2 Miskruier buddies. To spread the frustration you see.....
    Please, spread some more Michael and make me one if you get a moment please, I will reimburse you at the GTG! I will definitely score browny points.

I am not allocated any packing space on the Miskruier, other than my clothes cupboard. The rest, it all belongs to Aswambo and my daughter. So I built myself a packing system in the rear of the FJ Cruiser for my recovery stuff, tools etc.

Jannie from Bush Lapa, he and some other with 3 Bush Lapa's were in Koakoland recently
    There is a couple of trip reports due...Jannie / André...

Jaco, Michael and other BL fanatics have you added any covering on the floor and in the storage shelves including kitchen e.g rubber mats or carpeting?
    Tobie, We asked Jannie to put some taxi mat (as seen in the rear of the FJ photo), on the floor in the Miskruier. Stops the feet from getting cold in the middle of the night and easily removable and cleanable.

Keep the mods and the pictures coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by aviator609 View Post
    Please, spread some more Michael and make me one if you get a moment please, I will reimburse you at the GTG! I will definitely score browny points.
    I'm afraid ASwambo with her years of experience in the textile industry will only laugh at my attempt...... It is made up of canvas I had lying around, duck tape and tile size mirror...
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Talking

Have you ever seen a woman laugh at a mirror?

Quote Originally Posted by aviator609 View Post
    Have you ever seen a woman laugh at a mirror?
    No, just a lot of pouting normally, accompanied by a few well rehearsed strokes with a lipstick. The result is usually amazing, though.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Kruger View Post
    No, just a lot of pouting normally, accompanied by a few well rehearsed strokes with a lipstick. The result is usually amazing, though.
    LMAO! Very true Jaco!

Tobie, here is some pics of the cutlery tray I referred to earlier. Michael's Miskruier is of the earlier versions and, it seems, do not have the little drawer on top of the middle console of the kitchen.

In the pics you will see the plastic cutlery tray I referred to that fits perfectly on the upper edges of the drawer.

(Sorry, the pics are not that great, the Miskruier's nest is a bit cramped)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0752.jpg 
Views:	1740 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	162033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0753.jpg 
Views:	1632 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	162034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0754.jpg 
Views:	1851 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	162035  

Yep, that little drawer only came some time after my Miskruier no. 8 rolled off the production line. You have no. 29 Jaco . Also keep in mind the canvas hanging cutlery bag you now get. I copied this pic off the Bush Lapa website.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

You have no. 29 Jaco
    I was told no. 30 and the first one to be sold and collected without the owner ever seeing any Bush Lapa in the flesh, so to speak. That was the faith I had in the brand. And I am yet to be disappointed.

Oops yes. No. 29 belongs to Aviator609 and ASwambo . Yes, that was a bold move......imagine how Jason (racingjason) from Canada must feel.
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

imagine how Jason (racingjason) from Canada must feel.
    Well, at least he had a very thorough Miskruier Review thread on this forum at his disposal when he made the jump.

I am very sure he will not regret it. This will probably be his last off-road caravan purchase.

Page 2 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 ... LastLast