Open your legs SA





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Donkerhoek, Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Open your legs SA

    This is amazing, how in the world can our ruling government not see the wrong in this ?

    'Coal India to tap SA fossil fuel'

    and then,

    'Coal India produces more than 80% of India's coal at close to 500 mines across eight states.
    It holds the largest extractable coal reserves in the world, with over 22 billion tonnes, but has struggled to boost output due to failure to get environment and regulatory clearances'

    Sends a clear massage; UP FOR RAPE; YOUR NEAREST AFRICAN COUNTRY.

    Mad, crazy, pathetic.

    It's here.http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Coal-In...-fuel-20120808

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gordon's Bay
    Age
    49
    Posts
    28,881

    Default

    I think your thread title needs adjustment... Perhaps a mod will di the honors without nuking ...

    But I couldn't agree more. I thought the colonists had done a serious job of raping this place, but even the poms had nothing on the current crowd.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,496

    Default

    between the chinese and indians need for resources, and african leaders cueing to line their pockets. i don't see much of a chance for change. i figure if the europeans had come to africa all those years ago and paid the tribal leaders in gold for mining rights we wouldn't have this attitude about colonization that exist. the asians definitely learned lessons from what the europeans did.
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mozambique/Cape Town/Other
    Age
    58
    Posts
    7,975

    Default

    Over the top reaction to normal free market activity. Bear in mind there is a bidding process to get mining rights. Offer a good deal and you get the job.
    There is a misconception out there that a foreign company comes in and takes all the minerals. It's a bit more involved than that and the mining company will have a percentage allocation from which they must earn their profit. The host government gets the rest of the pie.

    Local labour will be used anyway. So there will be a few more BMW's in India instead of Joburg. So what.
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    CAPE TOWN ,SOUTH AFRICA
    Age
    69
    Posts
    14,075

    Default

    Don't think is simple as that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFFROAD ADDICT View Post
    Don't think is simple as that.
    Nobody is as blind as he who does not want to see.

    Chris.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Donkerhoek, Pretoria
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Over the top reaction to normal free market activity. Bear in mind there is a bidding process to get mining rights. Offer a good deal and you get the job.
    There is a misconception out there that a foreign company comes in and takes all the minerals. It's a bit more involved than that and the mining company will have a percentage allocation from which they must earn their profit. The host government gets the rest of the pie.

    Local labour will be used anyway. So there will be a few more BMW's in India instead of Joburg. So what.
    Oh, that clears it all up then, and all is well. Thanks Spike.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Out ibi in Terre STLATTA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Over the top reaction to normal free market activity. Bear in mind there is a bidding process to get mining rights. Offer a good deal and you get the job.
    There is a misconception out there that a foreign company comes in and takes all the minerals. It's a bit more involved than that and the mining company will have a percentage allocation from which they must earn their profit. The host government gets the rest of the pie.

    Local labour will be used anyway. So there will be a few more BMW's in India instead of Joburg. So what.
    Spike, you're joking right?

    '96 110 TDi Offroad Cow re IAN.
    Massive 29.6 kb graphic removed.....

    You are never to old to experience a new pain or sorrow.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    41
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Greenies are against mining period. Irrespective of where it is due to be done. Ironically they also use the products of mining and all the other "evils" of capitalism. The sad reality is that this is the only option available. No viable alternative has been provided. The answer does not lie in lower consumption, but in less consumers. But no-one has the wedding vegetables to say it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dronk-word-baai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheron007 View Post
    Greenies are against mining period.
    Chris, I was involved in mining for some time myself and know the effects it has.. Coal mining is big industry and at the rate we are expanding Eksdom's coal power station we cannot afford to send coal away.. sure, we are paid for it but the money will never be allocated to where it is needed. No african government is responsible with their income.. not even our previous one.

    Ps. As you said we will need to reduce users.. why not just close the borders to the influx of foreigners, including african and eastern. I have nothing against them but we need to start looking after ourselves. We have long waiting lists for people who want to be doctors but we rather import cubans..

    The small town I am in at the moment is comprised mostly of foreigners..


    1990 Toyota Hilux - In process..
    The more people I meet the more I like my dog..
    Real 4x4's have splash guards, not sump guards..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    39
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willied View Post
    Chris, I was involved in mining for some time myself and know the effects it has.. Coal mining is big industry and at the rate we are expanding Eksdom's coal power station we cannot afford to send coal away.. sure, we are paid for it but the money will never be allocated to where it is needed. No african government is responsible with their income.. not even our previous one.

    Ps. As you said we will need to reduce users.. why not just close the borders to the influx of foreigners, including african and eastern. I have nothing against them but we need to start looking after ourselves. We have long waiting lists for people who want to be doctors but we rather import cubans..

    The small town I am in at the moment is comprised mostly of foreigners..
    Please getyour facts correct w.r.t. coal being exported. I would suggest that you read up more about the different types of coal, CV's etc.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dronk-word-baai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloues View Post
    Please getyour facts correct w.r.t. coal being exported. I would suggest that you read up more about the different types of coal, CV's etc.
    No need to get snappy here..

    If it is not exported that is fine and dandy.. But it is still better to give preference to our own mining houses.. And I don't mean the one's run with the political surnames..


    1990 Toyota Hilux - In process..
    The more people I meet the more I like my dog..
    Real 4x4's have splash guards, not sump guards..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    45
    Posts
    171

    Default

    please note due to Eskoms policy - RSA only uses lower grade coal mined in RSA in the coal fire powered stations. the quality stuff is exported.
    being a "greeny" myself, i am not against development - the worlds burgeoning population requires we constantly build build build.... i am against the unresponsible development. i believe if they have to mine, then they should have the least impact (and ensure there is something left for our kids).
    unfortunately, even though there is an environmental impact assessment (EIA) process to be followed, there is a lot of useless individuals involved who like a little extra cash in the back pockets. so corruption and bribery are par for the course....
    Spike, the process you referred to is covered by the Minerals and Petroleum Resources Development Act. "bidding" at times doesnt always work, unfortunately. political connections work, as many of the outcomes of the "bidding" process are subjective and can therefore by swayed one way or the other who gets the mining rights just depends how big a slice of the pie the government gets...

    p.s. the EIA is supposed to look at financial, social and environmental considerations. a recommendation is then put forward on the best scenario and the project is or is not authorised by government.

    and having worked with chinese contractors - they could have taught the old NP government a thing or two re race relations!!! never seen local labour so badly treated!!!

    Robin
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D ID D/C P/U
    Kitted out and ready for an African safari....

    Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dronk-word-baai
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terorris View Post
    and having worked with chinese contractors - they could have taught the old NP government a thing or two re race relations!!! never seen local labour so badly treated!!!
    OT, I love to see foreigners work with locals.. It takes about a month to think the way we do..

    Disclaimer: "think the way we do" refers to overpaid and under qualified..


    1990 Toyota Hilux - In process..
    The more people I meet the more I like my dog..
    Real 4x4's have splash guards, not sump guards..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jozi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willied View Post
    OT, I love to see foreigners work with locals.. It takes about a month to think the way we do..

    Disclaimer: "think the way we do" refers to overpaid and under qualified..
    yup, me too

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Halfway House (NOT Midrand!)
    Age
    69
    Posts
    1,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "[I
    think the way we do[/I]" refers to overpaid and under qualified..
    To whom does this refer? Blacks, Afrikaners, people from other parts of Africa?
    Last edited by Cory; 2012/08/13 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sephulamthetho (Cory Voigt)
    'The cut worm forgives the plough'

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cessnock
    Age
    80
    Posts
    6

    Default Coal and Iron Ore

    Surely you don't think that Africa is the only country being RAPED for their resources. We have the same problem in Australia. The government here also turns a blind eye to the massive profits of foreign investors.

    Good luck with your problem.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheron007 View Post
    The answer does not lie in lower consumption, but in less consumers. But no-one has the wedding vegetables to say it.

    I agree 100%!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    65
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Willied View Post
    OT, I love to see foreigners work with locals.. It takes about a month to think the way we do..

    Disclaimer: "think the way we do" refers to overpaid and under qualified..
    Could'nt agree more with you. Many yrs ago when the British citizens started invading SA, they had the same opinion, "shame you people treat them so badly" but a month down the line they were kicking asses and also threatening them to get on with their work the way the job should be done etc...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheron007 View Post
    Greenies are against mining period. Irrespective of where it is due to be done. Ironically they also use the products of mining and all the other "evils" of capitalism. The sad reality is that this is the only option available. No viable alternative has been provided. The answer does not lie in lower consumption, but in less consumers. But no-one has the wedding vegetables to say it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Well as a greenie that is also a hunter as well as an environmental specialist with one of SA's largest construction companies with projects in about 10 countries in Africa, several in Europe and some in the middle east I think your post is one of the most idiotic I have read in a while... including some of the drivel I have probably posted myself
    Gary
    2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.5 4x4 (SOLD)
    2006 Honda Civic 1.8 VXI (It's complicated)
    2005 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D GLX LWB (Yay!)

    4x4 Action Group GP0114

    What would you do if you knew you could not fail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WJ 2.7 CRD Maintenance
    By wtrlan in forum Jeep
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 2018/04/19, 07:20 AM
  2. open vs closed recovery point
    By batman diver in forum 4x4 Recovery & Recovery Gear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2012/01/07, 10:15 PM
  3. Passenger Window Won't Open
    By EViS in forum Ford & Mazda
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2011/12/20, 08:46 PM
  4. Is Nata Lodge open
    By william coetzer in forum Botswana
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2011/06/03, 12:41 PM
  5. Jeep P1388 ERROR CODE
    By Zuk Doep in forum Jeep
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2011/04/20, 01:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •