Marloth Park - Page 2





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Marloth Park

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    34
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Skuus ek sien nou eers ek was onduidelik gewees.

    Ek wil weet van die wildtuin.Dis 'n langnaweek so ek weet dit gaan besig wees.So ek wil weet of ek vooraf die dag toegang moet bespreek en of ek sal plek kry as ek vroeg genoeg daar is. Die wildtuin laat net 'n sekere hoeveelheid karre 'n dag toe as dagbesoekers.
    Land Rover Discovery 1 Tdi (Stanley)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Gautengeleng
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,696

    Default

    Beste is kyk op sanparks se website
    Corne

  3. #23

    Default

    Regarding the gates, We found it no problem getting thru the Crocodile bridge gate. Admittedly, this was shortly before the long weekend, but when I asked the staff they said the've never had to turn people away.
    Doing the right thing achieves more than making the right noises.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    63
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Airguitar View Post
    Regarding the gates, We found it no problem getting thru the Crocodile bridge gate. Admittedly, this was shortly before the long weekend, but when I asked the staff they said the've never had to turn people away.
    I do not agree with this statement. We go there often and if you do not arrive at the gate well before opening time on a long weekend, you may be disappointed. Many people from Marloth Park and surrounding lodges visit for the day and the queue could easily exceed 2 km's. We have witnessed people behind us being turned away because the gate had reached its quota for day visitors.

    If you want to secure entry you may make a reservation at a Sanpark booking office/agent at an additional fee (Last time I did this it was R20 p/p). You would however still have to wait in the queue and pay normal entry fees unless you have a valid Wild Card.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PRETORIA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Send an email to [email protected] with your details, gate and date that you want to enter the Park as a day visitor. Takes about 2-3 days and they will start the process.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ELSBURG
    Age
    44
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Ek het gehoor daar was n rukkie terug weer n leeu in Marloth , blykbaar in Seekoei str . Weet iemand of dit waar is ? . Sommer lus en ry nou soontoe.
    Pajero 3500 LWB
    Daihatsu Terios.
    Jurgens XT 140

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    63
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WANTA4X4 View Post
    Ek het gehoor daar was n rukkie terug weer n leeu in Marloth , blykbaar in Seekoei str . Weet iemand of dit waar is ? . Sommer lus en ry nou soontoe.
    Dis korrek en 1 inwoner het reeds noue ontkoming gehad toe hy gaan vir oggendstappie en leeu se kind hom storm en so twee tree vanaf hom besluit om die aftog te blaas. Ek wonder nou watter soort reukweerder hy gebruik het.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    34
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Ons was die naweek in marloth park gewees.
    Dit was baie lekker gewees alhoewel ons basies net daar geslaap het.
    Was elke oggend baie vroeg uit die huis wildtuin toe en eers na donker by die huis gekom.

    Om in te gaan by Krokodil brug was nie 'n probleem nie, maar bygesę ons was nie een oggend later as half 6 daar gewees nie.Meeste oggende so 05:15 dan is jy redelik voor in die ry.

    Het leeus gehoor maar ek glo nie dit was in die park nie het ook nie enigiets gehoor dat daar 'n leeu in die park is nie.
    Land Rover Discovery 1 Tdi (Stanley)

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edenvale
    Age
    54
    Posts
    736

    Default

    I agree with Jan, in school holidays get to the gate real early. I have been going to Marloth every year for some time and we have seen some serious queues.

    The tar road is a real pleasure and it is less than 15 mins drive from Marloth to the gate.

    The lion has been darted and moved back across the river so we were told by the local agent. Not to say he won't come back (or another one), I have walked quite a few km's of that fence and there are many places for cats to access.

    As always make sure all your windows are properly secured for Baboons, the August newsletter quotes 18 incidents of baboons gaining access. Eish just imagine the mess.
    Bryan
    Disco 4 SDV6 S (me)
    Jeep Cherokee CRD (swambo)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ELSBURG
    Age
    44
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    Dis korrek en 1 inwoner het reeds noue ontkoming gehad toe hy gaan vir oggendstappie en leeu se kind hom storm en so twee tree vanaf hom besluit om die aftog te blaas. Ek wonder nou watter soort reukweerder hy gebruik het.
    Seker eu de beskyt
    Pajero 3500 LWB
    Daihatsu Terios.
    Jurgens XT 140

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JanH View Post
    I do not agree with this statement. We go there often and if you do not arrive at the gate well before opening time on a long weekend, you may be disappointed. Many people from Marloth Park and surrounding lodges visit for the day and the queue could easily exceed 2 km's. We have witnessed people behind us being turned away because the gate had reached its quota for day visitors.

    If you want to secure entry you may make a reservation at a Sanpark booking office/agent at an additional fee (Last time I did this it was R20 p/p). You would however still have to wait in the queue and pay normal entry fees unless you have a valid Wild Card.

    Othe forum members said the same thing to me, which is why I asked at the gate about reservations. My original comment is what they replied to me.
    However, I am more inclined to go with your statement, as experience wins out over hearsay any day.
    Doing the right thing achieves more than making the right noises.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Kavango-Zam Trans Park - what happened?
    By Roadman in forum Botswana
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2011/09/20, 08:45 AM
  2. Marloth Park??
    By LandJero in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 2011/09/15, 12:23 PM
  3. Marloth Park (Sabie-Sabie)
    By TopHilux Hilton in forum Mpumalanga
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2011/04/12, 11:02 AM
  4. Trip Report - Moz, Niassa Park, Malawi - P. de Wet
    By PierredW in forum Mozambique
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2011/01/11, 09:12 AM
  5. Green light for landmark African nature park
    By Dirk in forum Overland advice, reports etc
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006/12/12, 05:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •