Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Prado 120

Just did my 140k service. No problems and normal wear and tear items replaced. Cost me R1293. Even though nothing mayor replaced, the car does seem to drive better with the service. Maybe it's all in the head....

I recently started a thread with trade in value for my Prado. Apparently can get more than R250k for it after phoning around, but decided against it. Of course work wise, things stay just stayed the same. I don't think I will ever sell this car. It's just too much pleasure to drive. But I want to firstly, get a replacement front bumper(Hit the front of cabinets in the garage on Monday. Very slight bump but the plastic bumper shatered in the corner!)
    And then a lift perhaps?

Choices.

Default New Prado owner

Hi Guys
    I got a bargain of a lifetime. I bought a 2007 Prado VX Auto with 66000km on the clock.
    Patience is the keyword!!!

I got the best bargain ever. I bought a 2007 PradoVX Auto with 66000km on the clock.

Eeeenjoy! We towed our kavango today, its an awesome vehicle
    '15 Honda CR-V Comfort Auto
    '05 Honda CR-V RVSI Auto AWD

Quote Originally Posted by pieterst View Post
    I got the best bargain ever. I bought a 2007 PradoVX Auto with 66000km on the clock.

Price??

2020 FJ Cruiser "CementGrey&White RiceBowl"
    1986 Hilux DC 4x4 "White RiceBowl"Sold
    2012 FJ Cruiser Sport "Black&White" RiceBowl" Sold
    Agteros - you should stick to your rice bowls! - HGBosch

Default New Prado owner

I got it for R305000!! What do think of the price?

Bargain! Paid an extra 50K for 2008 similar mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by pieterst View Post
    I got it for R305000!! What do think of the price?
    Geniet hom! Toe ek gesoek het kon ek 'n 2006 kry vir daai prys met 169000km op...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Toyota Hilux V6, Tough Dog Suspension, Long Range Fuel Tank, Dual Battery, Cooper St Maxx, Eko Alu Canopy
    Ford Ranger 3.2 Auto DC, Ironman snorkel, BF Goodrich KO2, Eko Alu Canopy, Drawer System, 90l NL, Dual Battery System (Sold)
    Fortuner V6 - Dual battery, 72 liter auxilary fuel tank, Ironman suspension, 90l NL, Hannibal roofrack, 50 liter water tank (Sold - Served us well, will miss him!)

Toyota RAV4 2014
    Corolla d4d (sold)
    110 Defender 2.8i 161Kw, 180l long range tanks, NL Weekender, KC Daylighters (Sadly sold but lots of fond memories)

Got her today and had a full stainless steel freeflow exhaust fitted with 4 big silencer boxes and cat's removed. Pulls well and have a nice V6 growl when you floor her..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey RedWolf. Do you mind me asking what you paid for it? Would also be keen to know if it effected the consumption? Thanks

Hallo Karl. The whole system with the 4 huge silencer boxes and one size pipe right through was R4,500. The interesting thing is that the Toyota pipe isn't the same diameter it reduces and increases size the whole time and now I have the same size pipe right through. Also, according to the guy that did the pipe, the Prado engine apparently needs back pressure for the engine to run optimally and you can't just put a freeflow straight through and take all the back pressure away. He said something about the engine with standard pipe sucking about 20% of it's air for each combustion from the back pressure and he now reduced it to about 8%, but he will never advocate to have it sucking all the air from the airfilter. He even showed me some graphs of air fuel mixture for the prado and the amount of 'vrot' (exhaust) air needed.

Anyway, only received the car yesterday and some of my friends wanted to take it for a test drive, so it was floored most day and currently the on board fuel consumption gives a figure of 15.3km/l and I resetted it just after I received it and filled the car up.
    Last edited by RedWolf; 2013/02/03 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks. Where did you have it done?

Noise Boys in Voortrekker weg Pretoria, they were recommended by one of the biggest Toyota dealers close to me and apparently the old oom that owns the shop was some engineer that specialized in the design of exhaust systems previously. Must say he sounded well informed.

Thanks

Did it include exhaust manifolds as well? The Prado has a poorly flowing exhaust manifold in any case
    '15 Honda CR-V Comfort Auto
    '05 Honda CR-V RVSI Auto AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Hiluxman View Post
    Did it include exhaust manifolds as well? The Prado has a poorly flowing exhaust manifold in any case
    I assume so yes, he said everything was replaced except the branches.

This might seem a bit against the flow of discussion, but I really need advice. I upgraded from my 2003 120 to a 2008 120 in November. I think I got a good deal specifically considering the extras I got, but one extra I'm not sold on is the exhaust modification. All I know for certain is that it has some mod as you can clearly hear the engine. It might also have modified engine management. Now I like the sound of a V6 as much as the next guy (I'm more of a V8 guy) but I must be honest. The drone gets a bit exhaustive (:-) when driving a full day. So, here is my questions:

a). How do I figure out what has been modified?
    b). If I would prefer to go back to a standard setup, what would be the most cost effective way to so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheron007 View Post
    This might seem a bit against the flow of discussion, but I really need advice. I upgraded from my 2003 120 to a 2008 120 in November. I think I got a good deal specifically considering the extras I got, but one extra I'm not sold on is the exhaust modification. All I know for certain is that it has some mod as you can clearly hear the engine. It might also have modified engine management. Now I like the sound of a V6 as much as the next guy (I'm more of a V8 guy) but I must be honest. The drone gets a bit exhaustive (:-) when driving a full day. So, here is my questions:

a). How do I figure out what has been modified?
    b). If I would prefer to go back to a standard setup, what would be the most cost effective way to so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    maybe try adding another silencer or two?? Mine has 4 huge silencer boxes and you can only hear the v6 when you floor her. Still very quiet inside the cabin under normal driving.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post

Got her today and had a full stainless steel freeflow exhaust fitted with 4 big silencer boxes and cat's removed. Pulls well and have a nice V6 growl when you floor her..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a wealth of information! Hoping to get me a 120 next year (second hand) once my money tree has grown up!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast