Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Default Re: Gen4 build quality

In December I drove corrugations so bad that the wiper stalk went all the way to fastest speed multiple times, but the dash was still solid. It's a great fix. Interestingly, my indicator stalk has never been activated while driving corrugations
    Iwan
    2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2DiD SWB (Gen4)
    2001 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 2.8TD D/C 4x4 (sold)

The stalk must have always bounced with the dash and now that the dash is still the stalk movement shows more

Quote Originally Posted by Oubie View Post
    In December I drove corrugations so bad that the wiper stalk went all the way to fastest speed multiple times, but the dash was still solid. It's a great fix. Interestingly, my indicator stalk has never been activated while driving corrugations
    Oubie

I also mostly get wiper going on, not so much indicator. But it did go down once or twice on my trip. Wiper was about 80 times in comparison. Wish there was a way to make them more resistant.

CATS
    2015 VW Transporter T5.1 132kw 4motion DSG - (Shrek) My Bush-Bus
    2003 Safari Xplorer
    Previous : 1996 Colt Rodeo 3000 V6 (The Original! - SOLD) : 1998 Colt Rodeo 2.8Tdi (My first Diesel - SOLD) : 2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Sylvester - SOLD) : 2001 LR Defender 90 (Grizzly - Sadly SOLD) : 2010 LR Discovery 4 HSE (Snow White - SOLD) : 2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD GLS (Snoopy - SOLD but never forgotten) :2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc GLS (Casper ,Old Faithfull, - SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtG View Post
    Trying to revive this thread again. I'm still doing the bracket installations and related rattle removals in Joburg. Maybe we can get a few guys together on a Saturday so that John can visit us in his new Lancer . We charge R750 per car, what are you waiting for?
    Hi KurtG,

I'm new to the forum . I recently bought a 2007 Gen 4 SWB that has a really bad dash rattle. Are you still installing the brackets? If you are could we arrange an install when you are available. Thanks

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmanuva View Post
    Hi KurtG,

I'm new to the forum . I recently bought a 2007 Gen 4 SWB that has a really bad dash rattle. Are you still installing the brackets? If you are could we arrange an install when you are available. Thanks

Grant
    Message sent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkzSOlkHvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQl9-iAUSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mba8HJPFdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiqfva-KyU

Finally got around to do the videos of the dash fix.
    The videos show the cable tie fix right,which is the easier one first..This is so that you can see and understand what you need to feel for on the left side which is a very difficult position to find if you dont know what you looking for
    The last video just shows install position of the brackets

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

I can also confirm that since Kurt has moved to England and there is no one else to do installations in the north I have decided to supply Arnold of Mitsi tech with brackets and the know how to install them..I think he has proven himself one of the best mitsu ambassadors out there and i think its fitting that he continues to help the pajero guys.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvkzSOlkHvs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQl9-iAUSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mba8HJPFdc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skiqfva-KyU

Finally got around to do the videos of the dash fix.
    The videos show the cable tie fix right,which is the easier one first..This is so that you can see and understand what you need to feel for on the left side which is a very difficult position to find if you dont know what you looking for
    The last video just shows install position of the brackets
    Awesome, this is such a help. I really need to install the brackets. Will send you a PM.

If anyone needs a dash reinforcement in the Southern Cape, oom Hennie in George does a bloody good job. His contact details: 0825459060
    Bushlapa Miskruier No. 68

Thumbs up Re: Gen4 build quality

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I recently got a gen4 swb, 2008, dash seems to be be solid on sinkplaat roads, have seen much worse. Does anyone know where I can down load a service/workshop manual?
    Thanks for thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Neels Laubscher View Post
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones, I recently got a gen4 swb, 2008, dash seems to be be solid on sinkplaat roads, have seen much worse. Does anyone know where I can down load a service/workshop manual?
    Thanks for thread.
    This is a great link and has helped me out a few times: http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...1/index_M1.htm
    Pieter Greyling
    Of all the paths you take in life make sure a few of them are dirt-John Muir
    ORRA: Z85

-Pajero SWB 3.8 V6
    -BMW F800GS

Hi Guys, I think I'm a bit late to the thread haha. I just got my 2008 Shorty pajero about an year ago and the rattles drive me insane. Got a quote from a local shop of R$1800 (brazilian reais) for the fix and I have no clue if it works.

After reading most of this thread, I'm eager to get my hands on the brackets for the dash! I've sent a PM to Mr. G and hoping to hear from him if he can provide the brackets.

Also, my center console rattled a LOT on corrugated roads and upon dissasembling it I saw that the plastic attachements were broken. So I fastened a couple of bolts to the console and it no longer shakes. If anyone is interested, I can upload some pictures, the fix is really simple.

Cheers guys

Welcome..i replied to your Pm..Please post what you did..All info is welcome

Hi all, last Thursday I disassembled most of the dash to do the cable tie fix as posted by Mr.G on his youtube channel. With some plastic trim tools, a 10mm socket wrench and a pliers, it took about 1 hour. I used 3 smaller cable ties joined together for each side and doubled up on them just to be safe. The rear door fix is as easy as can be, its explained well on page 11 of this thread (I think).

Putting it back together took longer, about 1 hour and a half, but I also took out the bolts next to the door that hold the dash together, put a washer on each and some tread-locker, to make sure they don't loosen up. The bolt behind the dash was loose too, and was making some noise.

I'll be posting the center console fix that I did myself, since it was loose and jumping a lot.

I recommend getting a head torch and doing it somewhere with enough space to open both doors wide open.

The car has never been quieter and now is really comfortable for driving on corrugations, which I tested today. I don't think I'll need to fit the brackets to the dash, it seems solid now.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to HanSolo01 For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone, here's the link to the video I made about the center console rattle:

https://youtu.be/sJaO3wcoqFM

Sorry for the quality, I ended up doing it in a hurry at night. If anyone has any questions regarding this fix, please let me know. ns.
    Last edited by HanSolo01; 2021/10/31 at 09:27 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HanSolo01 For This Useful Post:

Well done..im glad your car is sorted

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43