Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Bush Lapa Miskruier tow height

My garage opening height is 2.0m. The BL website quotes the tow height of their Vlooi as 1.9m but does that include the installed solar panel and Bush Wing tent?

On the photos the solar panel and tent "looks like" being at least 10cm so it is touch and go if the 1.9m is excluding extras

Hi Tobie will you have 15" or 16" wheels, as that will make a difference.
    I have ordered the Rooimier with the Bushwing and I think Jannie mentioned a garage height of between 2.1 and 2.2m high. My garage door has already been changed as it had the wooden slid door that pivoted up and I have now removed that and put one that slides back and along the roof (as opposed to rolling up). I think it is manufactured by Wispeco, and gives me a height of 2.15. If it still is tight I will deflate the tyres a bit. The Miskruier might be slighly different.

Onematch, 15 inch wheels but it is actually a store facility as I have no space at home so I can not change anything

I now realize why I don't get more responses... All the BL owners are where they belong, out camping

I will wait patiently for their return ( and the delivery of my Vlooi )

Quote Originally Posted by Onematch View Post
    I have ordered the Rooimier with the Bushwing and I think Jannie mentioned a garage height of between 2.1 and 2.2m high. My garage door has already been changed as it had the wooden slid door that pivoted up and I have now removed that and put one that slides back and along the roof (as opposed to rolling up). I think it is manufactured by Wispeco, and gives me a height of 2.15. If it still is tight I will deflate the tyres a bit. The Miskruier might be slighly different.
    What wheels do you taken? Francois said that incl solar panel it will be 2.1 but he will measure the height with the Bush Wing...... It looks higher, have a problem as it might be more than I will gain with deflating tyres.
    Last edited by Tobie4x4; 2012/07/18 at 07:41 PM.

I was trying to fit 17" Dico rims but proved impractical so settled on 15" rims. Arrie who has just taken possession of a Rooimer sms'd me to say he has fitted 16" rims to match his cruiser's (285x75x16) and with the Bushwing the height is 2.18, so suddenly the 15" rims looked much better! I also have no idea how low you need to go with deflating the tyres.
    On the Miskruier thread I am sure some one with your prob just fitted a much smaller rim and tyre. A pain in the butt but better than re-engineering the garage.

Yes it was Aviator who drives a FJ Cruiser, sent him a PM yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Onematch View Post
    Arrie who has just taken possession of a Rooimer sms'd me to say he has fitted 16" rims to match his cruiser's (285x75x16) and with the Bushwing the height is 2.18, so suddenly the 15" rims looked much better!
    At the danger of sounding stupid, what do you gain with 15" vs 16"?

Well not being a tyre expert my logic tells me that if the same brand and model tyre is fitted to a 15" rim and a 16" rim the 16" rim will creat a larger rolling diameter, so the trailer/van will be higher off the ground BUT if a lower profile tyre is fitted to a 17" or 16" rim it could have the same rolling diameter as the 15" rim with a standard off road tyre. Maybe there are tyre fundis who have another spin on this.

Thank you but using the same argument a greater rolling distance means a longer radius which give (or loose in my case) height. I now have confirmation that BL Miskruier / Vlooi with Bush Wing is 2.15m high (15" wheels). My garage opening is 2.05 so I need to save 10cm with either deflating tyres or fitting 14 or even 13" rims tyres. I would rather find a solution now than having to always changes wheels or other fancy tricks (deflating and pumping when in garage still ok)

As stated earlier it is a public storage facilty and I have already streched the height to the limit.

Maybe take the Bushwing off if that is practical?!

I also asked Francois that, he said it is bulky and somebody will have to hold it in place while you unbolt it. It is also only 5cm higher than solar panel on the roof..... I am seriously looking at smaller rims and wheels or just pay R300 for undercover storage (pm) around the corner

Your last option might be the best one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobie4x4 View Post
    I now realize why I don't get more responses... All the BL owners are where they belong, out camping

I will wait patiently for their return ( and the delivery of my Vlooi )
    Currently at Mabula Game Lodge....was not planning on checking the forum . I just measured from the ground to the top of the wing bracket and it is 2.05. Probably safer to go with the 2.15. I have 15" rims and the Miskruier is loaded at the moment.

I suggest you give Jannie some time once he is back from leave. I am sure he will come up with a plan to solve the wing height issue.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Thank you, I appreciate the help. I sent you PM, did not notice your posting so ignore PM

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Currently at Mabula Game Lodge....was not planning on checking the forum . I just measured from the ground to the top of the wing bracket and it is 2.05. Probably safer to go with the 2.15. I have 15" rims and the Miskruier is loaded at the moment.

I suggest you give Jannie some time once he is back from leave. I am sure he will come up with a plan to solve the wing height issue.

Thumbs up Sorry Boet!

Hello Tobie,

I apologise for only replying now, and got your PM, but you were absolutely right as we were away camping in Bots for 4 weeks. Now I'm back in Nigeria flat out working again, hence the delay.

Have a look at how we solved our problem, smaller wheels for storage only.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ight=miskruier

But it just fits under our rented 2.05m garage, so for now we have a problem fitting a bush wing.

So many questions for other owners at the Bush Lapa GTG!!! Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by aviator609; 2012/07/17 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks Aviator, I will probably not make the GTG as I can only leave to collect my BL during the long weekend, I would have loved to be there......

Default Bad news...

Bad news Tobie, Jannie and Francois will be at the GTG, so I am not sure who is going to deliver it to you, unless you off course pick it up at the GTG...

Aviator, I noticed that but will only arrive in Worcester on Tuesday 25 Sept (hopefully then Jannie and Francois would have had time to recover from GTG)

Todie, I am sure you will get away with just letting the tires down a bit. The 2.15 Jannie measured is on a "stok styf" new and empty model. Once you have your standard camping gear loaded, you will most likely measure in the same as mine at 2.05 - assuming you take the 15" rims

I suggest you push it in by hand and if pushing it in backwards, lift the nose higher until the back half is in and then lower the front before pushing it in all the way. That way you will only need to focus on the few cm of the wing in the centre above the wheel. I also suggest you open the PVC bag covering the wing. That way if the wing should scrape the top of the garage entrance, it will only be the metal structure part of the wing. You do not want to scuff or damage the PVC bag.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast