Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism - Page 149





Page 149 of 151 FirstFirst ... 49 99 124 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 3008
  1. #2961
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Richardsbay, KZN
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,363
    Thanked: 13228

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by Juha S. View Post
    Some great shots from AndyT and Navigator.

    Here is my fist samples form my last trip from mighty African continent.

    Nikon D810 & 400 2.8 VR

    -juha


    Leopard South Luangwa Zambia
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr



    Leopard South Luangwa Zambia
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Lion King Chobe NP Botswana
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr

    Juha, I saw these a day or so ago and am still trying to put words to the awe I have for your sensitivity to good light and composition. Bravo, wildlife photography at it's best!
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

  2. #2962
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    49
    Posts
    288
    Thanked: 139

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by BroJ View Post
    Stunning Juha, as usual.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifmonster View Post
    Incredible Juha!

    Love the gear!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Stunning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaan van Wyk View Post
    Juha, I saw these a day or so ago and am still trying to put words to the awe I have for your sensitivity to good light and composition. Bravo, wildlife photography at it's best!
    Thank you very much !

    One more cat from Chobe plus not best in quality but one of the best moments from Mana Pools.Wild-dogs hunting of cape Buffalo.


    Lion King Chobe NP Botswana by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe-2 by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr




  3. #2963
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cape Town, Plumstead
    Age
    56
    Posts
    781
    Thanked: 148

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Fantastic images Juha !
    Safe Diving - Andy

    2013 Isuzu KB6 300 DC 4X4

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrews_underwater_images/


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyT For This Useful Post:


  5. #2964
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,750
    Thanked: 4298

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    I was faffing around with depth of field. The background is perhaps a bit too much out of focus. But the flower seems sharp even zoomed in quite a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower 2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	266.4 KB 
ID:	552939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flower zoomed.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	552940  
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/01/05 at 01:21 PM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes


  6. #2965
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by Juha S. View Post
    Thank you very much !

    One more cat from Chobe plus not best in quality but one of the best moments from Mana Pools.Wild-dogs hunting of cape Buffalo.


    Lion King Chobe NP Botswana by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe-2 by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr



    Incredible Juha!
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


  8. #2966
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,034
    Thanked: 1332

    Default Re: Nature Photos for Comments & Criticism

    Golden cotton. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200108_150146.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	553502
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

  9. #2967
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    An over edit of a pack of wild dogs we found in the Kruger this past week. Going to make a nice big canvas from it. Had the 70-200 on as gf had the long lens. Can see I need to go change the crop on the rhinos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild dog pack Sleep in white 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	553583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Dog 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	354.7 KB 
ID:	553584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White Rhino with calf 2 bw.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	553585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leopard Male 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	553586
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


  11. #2968
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mafikeng
    Age
    40
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 130

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifmonster View Post
    An over edit of a pack of wild dogs we found in the Kruger this past week. Going to make a nice big canvas from it. Had the 70-200 on as gf had the long lens. Can see I need to go change the crop on the rhinos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild dog pack Sleep in white 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	553583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Dog 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	354.7 KB 
ID:	553584Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White Rhino with calf 2 bw.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	381.8 KB 
ID:	553585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leopard Male 1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	383.5 KB 
ID:	553586
    Awesome shots

  12. #2969
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    When you are finding nothing but Impala in the Kruger...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Impala dual.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	554251
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


  14. #2970
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mafikeng
    Age
    40
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 130

    Default Re: Nature Photos for Comments & Criticism

    So these guys in the garden while having a braai yesterday

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuwebegin_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	554921

    Any comments welcome.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jds For This Useful Post:


  16. #2971
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photos for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by jds View Post
    So these guys in the garden while having a braai yesterday

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nuwebegin_01.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	554921

    Any comments welcome.
    Very cool Picture JDs, can go in the macro section too, seems like a macro lens? What were the settings? Maybe try three different photos each focusing at a different point and stack them using gimp? Or aperture up to get more in focus if that is what you want? F9 or so?
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  17. #2972
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Mafikeng
    Age
    40
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 130

    Default Re: Nature Photos for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifmonster View Post
    Very cool Picture JDs, can go in the macro section too, seems like a macro lens? What were the settings? Maybe try three different photos each focusing at a different point and stack them using gimp? Or aperture up to get more in focus if that is what you want? F9 or so?
    Hi Gifmonster thanks for the comment. I actually snapped these with my 50mm lens, struggling with the focus as the where moving quick and I had to get in close. I am not sure about the settings, I will have to go and look. I still need to add a macro to the line up. I will remember the apurture next time. I have not tried the stacking with GImp, will surely have a look, thank you.

  18. #2973
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    70
    Posts
    138
    Thanked: 123

    Post Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    [QUOTE=lekhubu943;4298209]I was faffing around with depth of field. The background is perhaps a bit too much out of focus. But the flower seems sharp even zoomed in quite a bit.

    [lekhubu943 - isn't it wonderful to play around with camera settings.....especially in my case where I am learning all hte time. When you said you were "faffing around" with DOF settings - I just the other day was "faffing around" with exposures.....and after eventually learning about white birds ---stopped down two full stops and for hte first time can see the feathers on the Little Egret fishing at Melkbos as opposed to me usually always over exposing.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TV8A1453.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	556720
    "To look is one thing, to understand what what you see, is something else"

    Amarok AUTO 4X4
    Out fitted Offroad Trailer

  19. #2974
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,750
    Thanked: 4298

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by XisBo View Post
    .... - isn't it wonderful to play around with camera settings.....especially in my case where I am learning all hte time. When you said you were "faffing around" with DOF settings - I just the other day was "faffing around" with exposures.....and after eventually learning about white birds ---stopped down two full stops and for hte first time can see the feathers on the Little Egret fishing at Melkbos as opposed to me usually always over exposing.

    That is a beautiful photo! I just want to reach out and touch those feathers

    It is great fun to play around and digital makes it so easy. Just image we were still in the days of film. Unfortunately I get very little time and opportunity to work with my camera, so my learning curve is frustratingly flat.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes


  20. #2975
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    70
    Posts
    138
    Thanked: 123

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    [QUOTE=Juha S.;4295823]Thank you very much !

    One more cat from Chobe plus not best in quality but one of the best moments from Mana Pools.Wild-dogs hunting of cape Buffalo.


    Lion King Chobe NP Botswana by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe
    by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Wild-dogs Mana Pools Zimbabwe-2 by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr



    Agree Juha - once in a life time to capture the wild-dogs harassing a buffalo. Mint pics - well done
    "To look is one thing, to understand what what you see, is something else"

    Amarok AUTO 4X4
    Out fitted Offroad Trailer

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to XisBo For This Useful Post:


  22. #2976
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    49
    Posts
    288
    Thanked: 139

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Quote Originally Posted by XisBo View Post

    Agree Juha - once in a life time to capture the wild-dogs harassing a buffalo. Mint pics - well done
    Thank you XisBo.

    Nice Impala fight picture from Gifmonster and jds's beetle…

    Some more from Mana Pools.

    -juha


    Mana Pools NP Zimbabwe by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr

    Wild dogs Mana Pools NP Zimbabwe by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Crocodiles Mana Pools NP Zimbabwe by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


    Buffaloes Mana Pools NP Zimbabwe by Juha Soikkeli, on Flickr


  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juha S. For This Useful Post:


  24. #2977
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Wow Again Incredible pictures Juha!!! I really need to go there and get that light! and elephants being dwarfed by trees! Absolutely beautiful!
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


  26. #2978
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Pretoria East
    Age
    47
    Posts
    259
    Thanked: 293

    Default Re: Nature Photos for Comments & Criticism

    And making the bokkie look even more delicate. Brilliant pic

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:


  28. #2979
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    Rietvlei makes me sad sometimes...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rietvlei Rhino.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	557379
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


  30. #2980
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    36
    Posts
    844
    Thanked: 371

    Default Re: Nature Photo's for Comments & Criticism

    The road was so steep I thought it made for an interesting shot maybe crop too much of it outClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Wildog morning fun.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	161.3 KB 
ID:	559683
    Our Travel and Photography blog- https://twotracks.co.za

    The Beast - 2005 Toyota Hilux D/C 4L with freeflow

    Daily Drive- Girlfriends Honda Jazz

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gifmonster For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Lekgalameetse Nature Reserve
    By Thys Willemse in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 2016/09/14, 06:24 AM
  2. Dewildt in STD Jeep GC WJ
    By andrewbuch in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2011/12/02, 12:31 PM
  3. How do you store your photo's
    By Johan in forum Cameras & Photography
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2010/10/26, 12:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •