X140 customizing....... - Page 9

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thanks AJB , I do think that it's about time again , summer is approaching
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Evening, I have xt140 with Howling moon Xt tent. I would like to permanently install a light into the tent but not sure how to do this with out crushing the light when folding up the tent. Do anyone have and idea how to do this.

Your ideas will be appreciated.

LED light strip cabletied to one of the poles on the inside is the easiest.
    Last edited by SpiderGear; 2014/08/18 at 07:53 PM.
    Touareg V10

Here is my LED lights. Sorry cell pics only.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140726-00028.jpg 
Views:	675 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	303403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140726-00029.jpg 
Views:	786 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	303404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140726-00030.jpg 
Views:	625 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	303405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20140726-00031.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	303406  

Wiring on pipes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Daniel thanks for the photo's

Default lights

i am going to give my 2c of what we have experience of these led lights in the tent , first the led is very bright and we found that we had to block the lights when we do some reading in the tent ,so i think to get a dimmer or the yellow ones will do ,i have bought 2 reading lamps ,the one's that can clamp on the poles and got the smaller 220 v bulbs and it works fine, enough light in the tent for reading or you can still use the led for the room area,i have bought a 15 led dome light for the bakkie and modified it to replace the 220v one and use the bat. power ,works ok just need the 24 led one for more lighting ,so it's a job in progress, but it works well for our needs.

Colt clubcab 2.8tdi 4x4 2005
    Ford Fiesta 1.4i (SWAMBO]
    jurgens off road trailor xt 140
    opel corsa 1.7 dti 2006

Default xt 140 mod

i bought the 3 kg's gas holder clamp that i attached on the rear carrier of the trailor, so i thought it won't be long, some day, some one is going to help himself on my gas bottle.

i took a 12 mm stainless bar x 100 mm, [just make sure off the hight of the bottle handle ] and drilled a 6mm hole on the end,took a m12 bolt x 30 mm and welded the end with a ss welding rod and fasten it with a nyloc on the carrier, and locked it with the lock,hope it does the trick ,some pic's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	258.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	309948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	259.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	309949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	260.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	309950  

opel corsa 1.7 dti 2006

Good idea but woun't it be better to mount the bracket on the right hand side where the hinges are. That way you woun't have all the strain on the hinges and weight causing the carrier to sag.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition in Sargent Green (sad to have sold it)
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 3.6 2dr (sold)
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)
    ex VW Amarok 4motion (X3)

Ek is van plan om binnekort vir my 'n TTT te koop en het reeds weg gedoen met my RTT wat altyd op die trailer was. Kan nie besluit watse tent om te koop nie, HM XP of Tentco senior. Ek leun na die tentco to omrede hy groter is, ek nog net goeie diens uit en by hul gekry het en hul fabriek in naby. Jul insae sal waardeer word.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition in Sargent Green (sad to have sold it)
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

Default xt 140

my second gas bottle is going to be fitted there and i am getting a bigger bottle soon ,i am lucky enough that i can make as much nylon bushes on the lathe as i want ,it's not that while camping that the carrier is going to be open or closed like a hotel bar doors.

i have the hm tent on the trailor,bought it like that and happy with it ,a bit heavy, but we manage ,but a tent that flips up easy and locks in place ,now that will be lekker. some guys like numbnut does'nt like the posts of the tentco on the outside and me neither.

how bigger is bigger ,if you are skinny or big in in the body that decision you have to make by testing it out with the diff. sizes.

opel corsa 1.7 dti 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
    my second gas bottle is going to be fitted there and i am getting a bigger bottle soon ,i am lucky enough that i can make as much nylon bushes on the lathe as i want ,it's not that while camping that the carrier is going to be open or closed like a hotel bar doors.

i have the hm tent on the trailor,bought it like that and happy with it ,a bit heavy, but we manage ,but a tent that flips up easy and locks in place ,now that will be lekker. some guys like numbnut does'nt like the posts of the tentco on the outside and me neither.

how bigger is bigger ,if you are skinny or big in in the body that decision you have to make by testing it out with the diff. sizes.
    What size is the other one? I searched and searched for a 7kg carrier but gave up. Suppose it's to big and heavy.

The room on the tentco is 40cm bigger, awning on the kitchen side is 20/30cm longer but the bed 5cm shorter than the HM.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

1965 Landy

I think anyone with appreciation for rough African build equipment will tell you Howling Moon and thats it. My friend has a Tentco on his Metallian and I personally think there is a huge difference in the quality of the stitching and assembling of anything else vs Howling Moon.
    You need to ask yourself
    1. Where am I going
    2. What quality do I want
    3. How much do I want to spend
    Thats for u and its personal. For me.....never again anything other than Howling Moon.

Karel
    '19 Mitsubishi Triton Athlete - Awaiting......
    '10 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 3.2
    '11 Mitsubishi Pajero GLX 3.2 LWB Gen4 - Sold
    '08 Mitsubishi Pajero GLX 3.2 LWB Gen3 - Write off
    '05 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 3.0V6 DC- Sold
    '96 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 3.0V6 LWB Gen2 - Sold
    '98 Mitsubishi Colt 2.8TDi Clubcab - Sold

'15 Jurgens XT140

I went Tentco Senior, actually go pick it up tomorrow morning, I ordered the 1.7m one as my XT140 sits a bit high with the both the drawer system and rack. Tentco add the extra from the standard 1.6m to 1.7m for free, no charge, whereas Howling Moon wanted to charge extra for that mod and said it possibly couldn't be done, they would have to check first.

I agree though, think it depends on what you'll use it for... I'm just getting going on the trailer camping now and I just like the fact that a) it's much cheaper than the HM XP and I don't want to overcommit in price if unnecessary for basic camp weeks/weekends, b) it had the free length extension option which I had no choice but to take and c) the room is bigger than the XP, and we have a little 5 month old and the camp cot will fit in nicely there.

I actually originally ordered the Family Tent, which has the add a room, very nice, but they don't do that in the extended size because the family rooms are standard height, so that was unfortunate because I think it's great value at R14,550 for the tent incl the added room. Currently R12.750 for the Senior.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to trying mine out from tomorrow...
    2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6
    2012 Summit Everest
    2012 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi AWD (SOLD)
    2011 Jurgens XT140 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Karel View Post
    1965 Landy

I think anyone with appreciation for rough African build equipment will tell you Howling Moon and thats it. My friend has a Tentco on his Metallian and I personally think there is a huge difference in the quality of the stitching and assembling of anything else vs Howling Moon.
    You need to ask yourself
    1. Where am I going
    2. What quality do I want
    3. How much do I want to spend
    Thats for u and its personal. For me.....never again anything other than Howling Moon.

Karel
    hi Karel,

in this case price is not an issue cause both tentco senior and HM XP are the same price. In fact before discount the XP is cheaper than the tentco. I'm hoping to view both this coming weekend at our local camping and 4x4 fest/show.

Thanks for the input
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

vir een of ander rede voel dit vir my asof almal met HM tente Hilux'se ry. So asof dit die naam is maar dis ook al, omrede niemand die res van die kompetisie ken nie.

Voor iemand dit verkeerd lees, ek bedoel dit nie lelik nie.
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)

Dis net omdat daar so baie Hilux's is
    Nissan X Trail 4x4
    Jurgens XT 120

Quote Originally Posted by Troll777 View Post
    I went Tentco Senior, actually go pick it up tomorrow morning, I ordered the 1.7m one as my XT140 sits a bit high with the both the drawer system and rack. Tentco add the extra from the standard 1.6m to 1.7m for free, no charge, whereas Howling Moon wanted to charge extra for that mod and said it possibly couldn't be done, they would have to check first.

I agree though, think it depends on what you'll use it for... I'm just getting going on the trailer camping now and I just like the fact that a) it's much cheaper than the HM XP and I don't want to overcommit in price if unnecessary for basic camp weeks/weekends, b) it had the free length extension option which I had no choice but to take and c) the room is bigger than the XP, and we have a little 5 month old and the camp cot will fit in nicely there.

I actually originally ordered the Family Tent, which has the add a room, very nice, but they don't do that in the extended size because the family rooms are standard height, so that was unfortunate because I think it's great value at R14,550 for the tent incl the added room. Currently R12.750 for the Senior.

Good luck, I'm looking forward to trying mine out from tomorrow...
    You have the extension box and a rack on top of that? Why?
    Touareg V10

I love my Tentco senior on the XT.

My only concern is the wooden base that creaks when you climb onto the bed or roll around at night.

I have added 2x additional supports on the bottom, but still its noisy as hell when moving around. Its really frustrating.
    .................................................. ......
    Gary W

Discovery 2 (Td5) Best 4x4xfar
    BMW GS 1200 Adventure. For when the road ends...
    Jurgens XT120..home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsotsi View Post
    I love my Tentco senior on the XT.

My only concern is the wooden base that creaks when you climb onto the bed or roll around at night.

I have added 2x additional supports on the bottom, but still its noisy as hell when moving around. Its really frustrating.
    +1!!!!!

Its bloody noisy - I have to do something about mine.
    Toyota Fortuner 4.0 V6 4x4 Auto

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast