Jeep Clubs/Societies

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thumbs up Jeep Clubs/Societies

I have never really been one for single brand clubs, but I was blown away yesterday by the efforts of the Cape Offroad4x4 Club for the Jeep Topless Day (its actually a Jeep Club but they aren't allowed to call it that). I suppose I shouldn't be surprised because every event that I have attended of theirs has been a huge success. Over 50 Wranglers were in attendance, in spite of the rain .

The Jeep owners that attended had an absolute blast & I am pretty sure that Dewalt is in the market for a Jeep now . Its also great to see that their initiatives are being so strongly supported by Jeep Century City 8).

Having had the privilege of being on the committee of the Friday Avie Club, here in the Cape, I have learned a bit about how a club can be successful, or not. Simply put, Clubs are about a like minded group of individuals getting together, in order to engage in offroading activities & other social activities. A little bit of structure is ok, but it should not be overwhelming. Our Club is nearly at the end of its 2nd year, & we already have over 40 members, so we must be doing something right. If we were to make membership open to all & drive over a Sat or Sun, the membership would double overnight, but this is not our objective.

SteveW155 has recently put a Jeep XJ initiative together & it has already turned into a great success, with 59 members in just a couple of weeks. Congrats Steve 8)

Now there is another Jeep Owners Society initiative in Gauteng.

Best of luck guys 8). Let us know when you have your first outing!

Thanks for that Neil! Now us Jeepers up here will put our heads together to plan how to have the most fun in our favourite Jeeps!!
    Claim the joy in life!

Quote Originally Posted by AB Viljoen View Post
    Thanks for that Neil! Now us Jeepers up here will put our heads together to plan how to have the most fun in our favourite Jeeps!!
    How about just moving to die Kaap?

It's always tough to please everyone so it's good to hear that the Jeep topless day was a success despite the less than ideal weather.

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID
    6,5"Lift | TNT Customs Y-Link Longarm Upgrade |BDS Coils | JKS Quicker Disconnects | OME Leafs | 2,5" Block & JKS 1" Boomerang shackles | Skyjacker Nitro Shocks | Bushwacker Fender Flares | 33"Cooper STTs | IPF Headlight upgrade |6" KC Daylighter Spots | Gobi-X Bumpers & Rock-sliders | Airflow Snorkel | ARB Lockers | 4.56 ratios |G2 HD D35 Shafts | Rear Disk Brake Conversion | HD Steering Upgrade

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by XJ Junkie View Post
    How about just moving to die Kaap?
    You guys are FAR too slow for us!!
    Claim the joy in life!

Well, I don't quite get the whole " you can't call it a jeep club" thing.

But Jeep high command is going to need more toilet paper when they hear about your mates little society.

But I really can't see why it can't be a jeep enthusiasts club without jeeps blessing. Quite honestly, I love my jeep, DESPITE jeep SA. I wouldn't wee on their marketing or warranty managers if they were burning.

I suspect that, once more, the organization not allowed to be called the western cape jeep club out performed "jeeps 'n' jack boots 'R' us " on the topless day.

And I feel much more confident that our unreasonably modest chairperson (Craig) won't be resigning, unlike the average jackbooted chapter chairperson who seem to be trading their jeeps in on landrovers or kids at an alarming rate...

Luckily we don't have to pay membership fees, it was cold and wet this weekend and I really needed the money for shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I suspect that, once more, the organization not allowed to be called the western cape jeep club out performed "jeeps 'n' jack boots 'R' us " on the topless day.
    Did the All-Seeing-Eye-Jeep-Club even bother to arrange something? Nothing was posted here or in the Gauteng section?

OK our first initiative up here, not wearing army boots, will be Topless Spring Day on 1 September 2012.

Nobody can stop Jeep lovers from being members of "Jeep Owners Society". If we all put our Jeep thinking-caps on, we will have lots and lots of fun in Gauteng!!

See our Facebook page, website will be up this week coming, uniting Jeep owners and lovers tired of corporals and sergeants. ;-)))))
    Claim the joy in life!

Maybe chat to Zone & JKA. I'm sure they'd be keen to help you market the day.

I think I hit like already

Please note: I have no objections to jack boots, riding crops and leather uniforms, but I do think that bedroom activities should be kept in the bedroom.

Dirty boy!

Did the All-Seeing-Eye-Jeep-Club even bother to arrange something? Nothing was posted here or in the Gauteng section?
    I saw that they had an event on the web page, but I don't see any feedback. Or anyone attending.

I have to say, I was really impressed with "our" not a jeep club event.

Tee shirts, financed, catered, organized, back up, the whole lot.

In my opinion, it was pretty good for a bunch of yokels that cant afford shoes....

Dirty boy!
    Filthy.

That's why I got a jeep. Dirty jeep girls...

I understand why you can't call it s Jeep Society or the Jeep Club but I really don't see how they can stop you from calling it a Jeep Owners Club since that's exactly what we are. But even if they do kick up a fuss just call it The American 4x4 Club or something to that effect.
    Nick "Useless/King of Stuck" Sjoberg

2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) 4.0 litre Country
    * Zone 4.5" Lift & Nitro Shocks * D30 sleeved & trussed * D35Trussed & Chromolly shafts * BDS QD's * 31" Maxxis Trepadors * 15x8j Black A-line's * Rugged Ridge TBS * Zone Steering Damper * Cowley Branches, Maniac Freeflow & Cowley Mufflers * Maniac Hood Vents * Maniac Rocksliders* Maniac Recovery Points * Smash and Grab *

Previous: 2002 Isuzu KB 300 TDi LX 4x4 D/Cab - Phantom

Disclaimer:
    All comments and actions made by me were made hypothetically and shouldn't be accepted as fact or tried at home.

Quote Originally Posted by PenthouseNinja View Post
    I understand why you can't call it s Jeep Society or the Jeep Club but I really don't see how they can stop you from calling it a Jeep Owners Club since that's exactly what we are. But even if they do kick up a fuss just call it The American 4x4 Club or something to that effect.
    We bought and own the brand, therefore we are free to associate under our common denominator, being "Jeep Owners Society" Lets see them in court, they cant even organize a Topless day, how are they gonna run a court case lol
    Claim the joy in life!

Whether they can stop you forming a club of jeep owners and calling it a jeep owners club is a moot point. Call it a jeep club or whatever.

The question is , how petty and pathetic do you need to be to object to it?

As the manufacturer or the 'official only we can call ourselves a jeep club " club?

Are you kidding me? A bunch of people organize an event that promotes your product in line with an international event involving the same product, in a sensible and positive manner, comraderie and the whole 9 yards, and they get a lawyers letter demanding they don't use the name emblazoned all over the vehicles?!?!?!

Pathetic.

And stupid as a manufacturer. Free publicity, you can't pay for that.

You can tell. Look at the official paid for clubs turn outs...

We bought and own the brand, therefore we are free to associate under our common denominator, being "Jeep Owners Society" Lets see them in court, they cant even organize a Topless day, how are they gonna run a court case lol

Hehehe...

I do like a good fight.

Especially a good dirty one.

Is there a dirty jeep owners club?

Where do we sign up

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Hehehe...

I do like a good fight.

Especially a good dirty one.

Is there a dirty jeep owners club?

Where do we sign up
    Our lovely Constitution allows for freedom of association! lol
    Claim the joy in life!

Our lovely Constitution allows for freedom of association! lol
    Do we have to have shoes?

If you wish to advance to that level, you are free to do so, if not, you are also free to do so!!

No rules but Manners and respect for our fellow Jeep owners will ever be considered lol
    Claim the joy in life!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast