Residential Energy Saving Program

Exclamation Residential Energy Saving Program

So I got a mail from a friend recently with this attachment, filled it in and chatted to the guy.
    Apparently from June or so they will be contacting people to replace all your downlighters and globes on the list with awesome LED globes.
    Plus they install geyser and pool pump timers and very fancy water saving shower heads.
    All this for free and with a 3 year guarantee!!!
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=1g_j...prtDkWSZSUM0JU
    Have a look, fill in the form and fax/mail to the number/address on the paper.
    PM me if you have questions.
    Lets all save electricity and get Eskom to pay for some of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jaaks; 2012/05/14 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Spelling :-)

Do I have it correctly? A private company is giving us these energy savers for free?
    Do we not pay for ANYTHING?

Is there a catch? Or a contract?
    Sephulamthetho (Cory Voigt)
    'The cut worm forgives the plough'

Coenraad Basson

Hilux D/C 3.0 D4D

Prado 4.0 V6 Auto VX

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    Do I have it correctly? A private company is giving us these energy savers for free?
    Do we not pay for ANYTHING?

Is there a catch? Or a contract?
    It's usually an ESCO registered company at Eskom and the calculate the kWh saving they obtain via the exchange of your 60/100w incandeccent for their 5w. and Eskom then pays them per kWh reduction.

One thing that always concern's me is that they don't give SABS approval on these globes, as well as the Lumins/LUX rating of these replacemments. and you can end up with poor lighting conditions after the exchange....
    -

Ek het nou aansoek gedoen vir pre-paid meter by my huis.

Opsie 1.
    Stadsraad doen die instalasie en jy betaal R3500.00 vir als.

Opsie 2.
    N kontrakteur doen die instalasie en jy betaal R450.00 vir die meter en R550.00 vir arbeid.. maar met al jou aankope van krag gaan 10% van die aankope bedrag na hulle. So as jy R100.00 se krag wil gaan koop gaan jy slegs R90.00 se eenhede ontvang.
    Rudolph78

Jeep Rubicon Unlimited - SOLD

Hi guys.

This is a legitimate roll out sponsored by eskom. I am part of the team that does the evaluations on these projects (measurement and verification). For any info, you may visit the eskom website. On these forms you should get contact details of a call centre to ensure you that this is a legitimate installation and done by a ligitimate installer.

Enjoy the free bees. This will not be happening soon once the programme is done.

Cheap products might form part of this roll out, however eskom knows its reputation is on the line.bad quality should immediately be reported.

So begin dit...

Yes guys we must enjoy the free bees while they last.
    The products are guaranteed for 3 years and over 100 000 hours on the LED lights so they are the same if not better that the ones you would buy at the local hardware store.
    Yet, yes, everything is free, for now.
    Use it or lose it.
    I not the guy on the form and am just distributing a copy of the form that I received.

PE done already, not sure I've actually seen any saving, but hey I'm feeling very green at the moment.

Can say that I installed a solar geyser about 5 years ago, saw an initial saving of around R350.00 per month. Who knows what that's worth today.

I'm in process of changing me 12V CFL's to LED, wonder if these guys will swop mine out for me. They are presently working off my solar setup that runs all my house lighting.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

I'd like to convert my home lighting to 12v LEDs. How hard is this to DIY? Can the 12v circuit be connected at the db board or should I rather have an electrician do it?

Running 12V through the whole house is always a problem in that it does not carry very far at all. I have found my CFL's run too low voltage at 20 meters already, but the LED's have no problem.

I run large cabtyre to each room and then split down to very light rip cord through a switch onto the LED lights. Mine is very "make shift" at this stage and not all the rooms are covered right now. But I would imagine your houses wiring would carry the 12V nicely to LED globes.

You must just be completely sure that light circuit is not mixed with any other circuit. Remember you are now running DC on a system that was designed for AC. You will have to check that your neutral that runs your light circuit is not bound to the rest of your house's neutral circuit anywhere else.

It also helps if your DB is centrally situated in your house as far as distances go. Then you also need to keep in mind where your batteries are kept and how you feed to them from your solar panels and/or wind charger. Unless the house was "designed" around these factors from the word go, you always end up in the situation I am in at the moment with my battery bank in a temporary cabinet next to the fridge in the kitchen. But this setup is still nearly 10 meters as the cable runs from the DB.

Suppose everything is doable with the right budget.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

Gordons Bay as a base - travelling Africa

Today I've got the confirmation from i4 SBF,
    they will install the geyser timer and two shower heads
    for free. We already use energy saving bulbs.

I attach the brochure for you.

Can I please request that you be kind enough to circulate the attached Brochure to all friends and colleagues in your organisation.

We are offering this programme and its benefits to all of the South African community, and hence my sincere request that you circulate the attached brochure to all employees in your company and your social circle of friends.

In summary. I4SBF would pay R0,50 for every item counted on the attached form, by every member of your organisation, to a charity of your company’s choice or to a the skills programme run by the Life College of South Africa.

This programme will benefit every member of the South African community by reducing the household electricity bills by more than 60% per month which is a huge saving to all given the current prices on electricity usage in SA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How long did you have to wait before they responded?
    I sent mine off about 2 weeks ago, but havent heard anything yet
    Some car, some bike and two legs

Gordons Bay as a base - travelling Africa

30.5. via email.

Thanks, guess I will give it some more time then.
    Getting tired of replacing those 220v downlighters now. They really dont last long
    Some car, some bike and two legs

Mine was done 2 weeks ago. They did not replace the CFL down-lighter, only the others. CFL is scheduled for Phase2 and I'm booked. I got R800 worth of LED down-lighters fro free, so very happy.