Contact details please ! !

JeepOnly Guest

Question Contact details please ! !

Hoping someone can assist with current workingtelephone numbers for one or all of the following Lodges just north of Maputo. Maracuene Lodge. Augustus Lodge. Macaneta Beach Chalets or the Inkomati River Lodge. If not and even better, if anyone has been there recently as I need to stay there over this weekend, and would like some URGENT feedback. ps: Now my posts come out looking like old Telex machine messages, plus the smilies wont work plus I cannot post pictures again. - - DAMN --
    Last edited by JeepOnly; 2007/08/01 at 04:53 PM.

JeepOnly Guest

Default hmmm thank you.

Just a very brief thank you to "all" who responded. . . . . .

Talking

Sorry dont know.......at least I responded
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT

JeepOnly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BruceT View Post
    Sorry dont know.......at least I responded
    Thank you BruceT, . . . . I have just returned from a GREAT work/play weekend in Maputo and went to see what is happening at Jays Lodge. My findings = Nothing much as yet !

Henry at Jays confirmed that Southern Sun have bought and are planning yet another large development with 150 something units, a Ernie Els Golf course and developement will start within the next 60 days (VERY SAD ! ) Where will our children go to experience the ruff stuff that Jays and others offered for all these years

Just a few pictures of what I found at Maracene, Marracuene and also Jays Lodge.

1. Once off the Ferry the "new" road is great up to the point where the road splits South for Maracene. The part leading south is a hard surface smooth dirt road with a great beach and ### accomodation. One can easily reach this area in a platkar when it is not raining.

2. The Road leading North to Jays Lodge is thick sand and 4x4 only. (2 wiele gaan nie daar werk nie) Great outdoor pub and nice vibe, but chalets are also ###.

3. The outdoor bush pub and restaurant area at Jays was great, and the FOOD WAS AWESOME (They did not serve Hunters but had no problem with me having my own which I took along anyway and they also supplied as much ICE as required )

4. Beach at Jays. Picture taken in a Northerly direction.

5. With the accomodation I saw at Jays Lodge, Marracuene and Macenta, I think it is better to drive out just for the day as we did, and rather opt to drive back to Maputo and stay at the Polana, Holiday Inn or Hotel Cardosa as they are clean, have aircon, security and a BAR FRIDGE . . . (Picture shows a small section of the Hotel Cardosa ) Plus we managed to have lunch at Costa Do Sol which is a must for any visitor to the Bay area.

6. View from our suite over Maputo Bay area with Catembe across the waters. (Reachable by Ferry)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc111.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	7223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc122.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	7224   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc123.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	7225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc125.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	7226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc126.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	7227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc130.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	7228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc129.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	7229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccc127.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	7230  

Last edited by JeepOnly; 2007/08/06 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling.

Thanks Jeep.... very interesting. Pity about S.S. but I think alot more develpoment is going to start in Moz, so people need to get there asap to experience what it is like now.
    BruceT
    ZS6EBT