Treg Owners

Page 1 of 530 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 251 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Treg Owners

Default Treg Owners

How many Touareg owners on this forum

I am the proud and happy owner of a 2008 3.0L V6 TDI.

As I have said before: this is one of the most comfortable cars(if not the most comfotable) I have ever owned inclubing Mercs and Beemers.

Andrie K used to say that only Range Rovers could compare to this

I must also add that this is my second Treg. That must say something.

Chris.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisLab For This Useful Post:

I count about 10 incl me and you of witch only about 5 is very active.
    If i may ask what is the Km on yours?
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI
    Goldwagen Delarey ( we courier) [email protected]
    Delarey racing developments and CNC machining [email protected]

Thumbs up

Its official! I signed on the dotted line and took ownership of my Treg yesterday. It's a 2007 V6 3.0 Tdi with 106000 on the odo and I forked out 260K for her. I practically did weeks of research on the vehicle and the experiences of the Treg owners on this forum quite frankly helped a lot. I was quite sceptical paying that much for a 2007 model with 106000 on the clock but after reading what people were paying for their's with many more kilo's and with all the positive feedback and praise on the vehicle I decided to take the plunge. Im quite thrilled with the specs and the power is just awesome!! I'm still sitting with a smile behind my desk after driving her to work this morning. I'm taking her down to Kimberley for the long weekend and look forward to it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skippr For This Useful Post:

As ex Treg owner I can also confirm that these are stunning vehicles. The only reason I moved to current vehicle is the space. And what a challenge it is if you later move to another vehicle and compare the competition to the old Treg!!

I now drive a Merc GL. And not aware of any other owners of these out there in the forum?
    Jerry
    We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.
    <S><O</O</S>
    2012 VW Touareg V6 TDi Offroad Package with Air

Another 3.0 V6 driver here. Just came back from Cape Town again and its still a joyful occasion to drive anywhere with it.

Viva VW Touareg 3.0tdi Viva. I just love my Touareg
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI

Hi all,

I own a 2005 Touareg R5 TDi.

In my honest opinion this is an AWESOME SUV to drive and to live with.
    Also very capable off-road especially with the air suspension.

Many guys compare SUV's by off-road capabilities, but I think the TReg also performs exceptionally well on tarmac.
    For example the road handling is astounding for this 2.5 TON beast.

My TReg is almost 7 years old with 160 000 KMs on the odo and it is still shining out above the other brands.
    Also it aged very well and doesn't look outdated among the new genaration of cars.
    I think VW has set the benchmark with this luxury SUV.

I test drove many other SUV brands and the day I got into the TReg I was SOLD.

As one guy said before "TOUAREG = 4x4 Bentley"

Question is how much better can VW make this SUV?
    We better ask the lucky guy who owns a new 2012 TReg.

So, everybody can tell I'm biased...

Quote Originally Posted by Skippr View Post
    Its official! I signed on the dotted line and took ownership of my Treg yesterday. It's a 2007 V6 3.0 Tdi with 106000 on the odo and I forked out 260K for her. I practically did weeks of research on the vehicle and the experiences of the Treg owners on this forum quite frankly helped a lot. I was quite sceptical paying that much for a 2007 model with 106000 on the clock but after reading what people were paying for their's with many more kilo's and with all the positive feedback and praise on the vehicle I decided to take the plunge. Im quite thrilled with the specs and the power is just awesome!! I'm still sitting with a smile behind my desk after driving her to work this morning. I'm taking her down to Kimberley for the long weekend and look forward to it.

Skippr, congrats and welcome to the club!

My biggest worry with the Treg is; - what am I going to get when I do eventually have to sell it. Sucks to downgrade, difficult to find an upgrade. Another Treg perhaps?
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PAJERO View Post
    I count about 10 incl me and you of witch only about 5 is very active.
    If i may ask what is the Km on yours?
    Hi Pajero,
    I suspect there are a few "lurkers"

I have 82000 Km on the clock and like Dave(Romzotwa) says I am biast: This is one helluva car.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/04/25 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    I have 82000 Km on the clock and like Dave(Romzotwa) says I am biast: This is one helluva car.

Chris.
    Yours are still a baby man. My 2007 3.0tdi have 145000km on the clock now and is still going strong.
    Last edited by PAJERO; 2012/04/25 at 03:59 PM.
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI

Kortgat, you can always get a new generation V6 when time comes to offload your 2007 model.Just going to sukkel a bit to find a used one with air suspension and the Terrain Tech package with low range and diff lock. I looked for quite a while before I found SWAMBO's 2011 V6. It really is a superb vehicle, nice to drive in town, excellent on the open road, and very capable off it. She did her current drivers certification in it with the 4wd club at Hennops and it performed just as well as a friend's Disco 4 other than it did not have quite as much ground clearance. Taken care of the full size spare wheel issue so will now use it anywhere.
    V10 is a 2005 model and I just SO enjoy its immense torque. Turbos have now been changed together with propshaft bearing/rubber so another 77000km should not be an issue. I have fitted a 43l fuel tank in place of the rear suitcase silencer so its range is now better than the V6.
    Range Rover is the only 4x4 that matches it on road and it goes 97% of where the best Cruisers travel other than for deep water.......!!

Quattro
    2005 Touareg V10
    2006 BMW M5
    2017 Invader Duo
    2007 Noble Ferrari P4 replica
    2013 High Spec TRD Toyota 86

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Quattro For This Useful Post:

V10

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
    Kortgat, you can always get a new generation V6 when time comes to offload your 2007 model.Just going to sukkel a bit to find a used one with air suspension and the Terrain Tech package with low range and diff lock. I looked for quite a while before I found SWAMBO's 2011 V6. It really is a superb vehicle, nice to drive in town, excellent on the open road, and very capable off it. She did her current drivers certification in it with the 4wd club at Hennops and it performed just as well as a friend's Disco 4 other than it did not have quite as much ground clearance. Taken care of the full size spare wheel issue so will now use it anywhere.
    V10 is a 2005 model and I just SO enjoy its immense torque. Turbos have now been changed together with propshaft bearing/rubber so another 77000km should not be an issue. I have fitted a 43l fuel tank in place of the rear suitcase silencer so its range is now better than the V6.
    Range Rover is the only 4x4 that matches it on road and it goes 97% of where the best Cruisers travel other than for deep water.......!!
    I really like all your modifications on both vehicles. Would be great to see them sometime. That fuel tank sounds very interesting... even for my V6 TDI, - imagine the range!!!

BTW thank you for speaking to Kgotso at VW East Rand that time about my prop shaft, helped immensly as they actually ordered the part prior to seeing the broken part (usually not possible if it's a motionplan claim).

How does your new modified bearing differ to the original. Do you perhaps have a photo?
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

V10

I've also got a Touareg, a gold R5 2.5 Tiptronic. Other than my air suspension issues I had, I am absolutely loving the vehicle!

It's a 2006 model with around 170,000km on the clock. I've only had it for 2 months, so will see how things go with it.

One thing to note, the previous owner really kitted it out with nearly extra factory extra including: Air Suspension, Full size spare tyre, RNS2 Navigation Head Unit and TV Tuner.

I've always been a lurker on the forums, but only since I got the Treg did I actually register and start actively joining the conversation

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DevonEllett For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DevonEllett View Post
    I've also got a Touareg, a gold R5 2.5 Tiptronic. Other than my air suspension issues I had, I am absolutely loving the vehicle!

It's a 2006 model with around 170,000km on the clock. I've only had it for 2 months, so will see how things go with it.

One thing to note, the previous owner really kitted it out with nearly extra factory extra including: Air Suspension, Full size spare tyre, RNS2 Navigation Head Unit and TV Tuner.

I've always been a lurker on the forums, but only since I got the Treg did I actually register and start actively joining the conversation

This was all said tongue in cheek as us Touareg owners are all very shy.

Chris.

Thanks Kortgat. Your experiences and input into the forum did a lot in persuading me to buy the Treg! Looking forward to learn and share for many happy km's to come. At the risk of sounding insensitive to your concern, upgrading or down grading is the least of my concerns right now; cant wait to get the most out of this one
    2011 RRS HSE Lux
    2002 Disco 2 Td5 GS A/T

Another Treg owner here. 2006 v6 tdi. Probably with the highest mileage 224 000km. Loving it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Another Treg owner here. 2006 v6 tdi. Probably with the highest mileage 224 000km. Loving it!!

Hi Snap'

Yours is the one with the highest mileage I am aware of.

We don't expect any problems with the engine but what else have you found that you could share with us

Chris.

I just picked up one of my lower control arm bushes is leaking oil and need to be replaced. OE from VW R636.00 inc vat each.
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI

Hi All, I have a 2005 R5 2.5 with 146,000km on the clock. Its fitted with external spare, air susp., Zenon lights, TPM, detachable towbar and of course Cd shuttle. I tow a Bushwakka weekender. Have recently again done a Bots trip. Once had a headlight flickering problem. VW simply replaced entire headlight unit. Replaced two of the TPM's and had an aircon part replaced(not sure what it was). All of these under guarantees. My sensor regulating the airco fan is unstable and this will be replaced today. We love the car, excellent consumption. Recently changed from Bridgestone to Yokohama G052 and am very impressed with ride comfort, low noise and good behaviour in the sand in Bots. Hope they give better mileage than the Deullers. Unfortunately, this model is not scoring well in terms of trade-in or sale.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kloppie For This Useful Post:

Default 2012 Blue Motion

Hi all,

I'll tell you on Tuesday if I have one!

Dealer just dropped off a Treg for me to use this weekend, got a game lodge booked, so between game drive/breakfast and game drive/dinner, should have some time to play and test.

SWAMBO just took it it full the tank and seems to be in love!

Have a great weekend and I will report back on Tuesday.
    Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

28. The Following User Says Thank You to zx14 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 530 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 251 501 ... LastLast