Treg Owners - Page 536

Page 536 of 538 FirstFirst ... 36 286 436 486 511 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,720 of 10749

Thread: Treg Owners

Default Re: Treg Owners

I hit a stone on the weekend and now need a new front windscreen.

Before I start phoning around what would be the best place to take it to? Is PG Glass still the preferred choice?

Do they replace with an OEM windscreen? What about the rain sensor? Can they reuse that gel?
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderGear View Post
    I hit a stone on the weekend and now need a new front windscreen.

Before I start phoning around what would be the best place to take it to? Is PG Glass still the preferred choice?

Do they replace with an OEM windscreen? What about the rain sensor? Can they reuse that gel?
    Mine's rain sensor is not the same since the replacement windscreen a year or so ago. Works ok when ir rains but sometimes wipes when it is dry too. The windshield they installed is not good either, it is as if the curvature is just not correct and the wipers screech and bounce, even new ones.

It was at Glasfit Pinetown. Hopefully PG Glass will do better for you. I am secretly hoping mine cracks again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Kieck View Post
    Mine's rain sensor is not the same since the replacement windscreen a year or so ago. Works ok when ir rains but sometimes wipes when it is dry too. The windshield they installed is not good either, it is as if the curvature is just not correct and the wipers screech and bounce, even new ones.

It was at Glasfit Pinetown. Hopefully PG Glass will do better for you. I am secretly hoping mine cracks again soon.
    even new cars sometimes wipe when dry. But yes some screens have a optical issue. Thing is though I have seen that with PG glass too. kinda luck of the draw really.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

Quote Originally Posted by Howie-WP View Post
    My cheap ass solution was to buy one of those bluetooth players you plug into a cig lighter socket (it is tuned to s radio frequency on the radio) Copy my music to usb and play via BT. Cheap and easy (moreso as the van is my 3rd car, did not wanna spend the R5k-R10k on a whole new unit)
    I use one of these, along with Google Play Music. It works really well - zero interference 99% of the time (97.5 FM), but I don't take calls through it - mic sounds as if I am at the end of a tunnel. My phone lives in a little air-vent holder so Google Maps and Google Play Music run through the Android Auto app and I get music and navigation audio through the little FM tuner.

https://www.takealot.com/gizzu-bluet...r/PLID45213874

I got mine from Makro.

2007 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI Tiptronic (T1 BKS)
    Honda Ballade Vtec Turbo Race Car
    Volkswagen Golf MK1 2.0 8V Race Car (111 Sports and Saloons) - FOR SALE -
    1966 Austin Mini MK1 1000
    1957 Porsche 718K Replica

Does your Treg have a car kit for phone?
    If not, what I did was put a Parrot kit in

Nice screen
    Plays music with full control from the car kit remote

Audio quality is excellent for calls and music

We installed the output between the head unit and amp...

I like my EDM and itís winner

Also can put an SD card in
    Or USB
    Or 3.5mm headphone jack

Kids all you contacts into unit
    Full voice commands

https://www.parrot.com/uk/car-kits/parrot-mki9200

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adjustments.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	194.5 KB 
ID:	555155
    Blue is the screen which has a cable

Red is the wireless remote
    So it can be mounted anywhere
    The remote even comes with a little strapped thing that allows for mounting in the steering wheel.....
    I found it to be too distracting when doing the one handed maneuvers

Quote Originally Posted by alfaquad View Post
    I use one of these, along with Google Play Music. It works really well - zero interference 99% of the time (97.5 FM), but I don't take calls through it - mic sounds as if I am at the end of a tunnel. My phone lives in a little air-vent holder so Google Maps and Google Play Music run through the Android Auto app and I get music and navigation audio through the little FM tuner.

https://www.takealot.com/gizzu-bluet...r/PLID45213874

I got mine from Makro.
    I use the exact same one in my R5 Treg. Very nice. Quality is as good as the OEM Bluethooth in my T3.

My friend just messaged me that his 2007 3.0TDi propshaft just failed. He's based in Joburg East. Who can you recommend in doing a recondition?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by msquared.za View Post
    My friend just messaged me that his 2007 3.0TDi propshaft just failed. He's based in Joburg East. Who can you recommend in doing a recondition?

Thanks in advance.

Get in contact with Stephan van Tonder on thi forum.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by walkabout View Post
    So my question is, are there any reasonably priced replacement units available that still integrates & allow you to use the steering wheel functions? If so could you please advise what these are? Or where do I start looking for them? I assume dealers but where else?

Thanks.
    I have a 2006 model Touareg. I bought a Navigation unit from http://www.witson.com in April 2018. The one I bought is model W2-V5769. This unit is no longer available, but they do have newer units. See here for their products: http://witson.com/product.html?proTy...29138833622400

Mine runs on Android 8.0, has 32GB storage, 64-bit 8 core 1.5GHz Cortex-A53 CPU, 4GB RAM, GPS, bluetooth, wifi, dash cam (optional), reverse cam (optional), front loader DVD player, FM/AM tuner, 6.0" display, 2x SD card ports. Optional extras that I bought are iGO maps (TomTom maps with a different interface - very nice), front camera, rear camera, OBD (bluetooth diagnostics dongle - it is NOT a replacement for the VCDS cable, but it does show useful stats. I don't recall if you can change settings too. Only tested it once.). It also works with the audio controls on the steering wheel. It also integrates with the CAN bus.

The plug that fits the car's antenna is a bit too wide and only 1 of the 2 pins can fit. Regardless of this, the reception is still perfect. The front camera is a USB camera. It has a very wide viewing angle, but it's night recording is horrible. If you can source a USB dash camera with night vision, go for it. The rear view camera is also almost not usable at night. I found another one that has 8 LEDs around the lens and it lights up the rear like a spotlight - very nice camera! See here for product listing: https://www.banggood.com/170-Degree-...p-1270865.html

When you put the gearbox in reverse the rear camera feed takes about 4 seconds before it shows, even if the device hasn't booted up yet. Booting continues in the background and only shows the normal interface once the gearbox is no longer in reverse.

In the rear, it has 2 USB ports. One is used for the dash cam. The other one I used for a USB extension cable which is mounted next to the hazard lights button so that I can plug in whatever USB device I want e.g. music, modem etc.

This unit supports only 1 specific 3G USB modem. I didn't buy it since I'm not sure if it would work with our network providers. I have 2 USB modems which I tried. Neither worked. I bought a Huawei USB Car-Fi device and have the unit connect to it via WiFi since my cellphone's mobile hotspot functionality isn't working. See here for the product listing: https://buynow.co.za/ProductDescription.aspx?id=7233707

Installation will take about 8 hours if you install a rear camera too. An extra switch with a fuse was added above the foot brake pedal which is connected to the cable that powers the unit. That way, I can switch off the unit completely when not in use (I want to be sure that it doesn't draw any battery power when the car is off) and can also reset the unit while I drive if I need to. The reverse camera software became unresponsive a few times (didn't show the normal interface after switching to drive), so that switch has been useful a few times.

Although Witson are the manufacturers of these products, they happily sell to individuals. The person I was in contact with, Allen, was very patient with my 1001 questions. He says he sells a lot of units to South Africa. Payment was done via PayPal and delivery done via TNT couriers. SARS Customs cost was R322.00.

I'm very happy with my purchase and will gladly buy it again if the need arises. Installation was done by Tim Legge (http://www.technimech.co.za/)

Edit: The unit connects seamlessly with my Android cellphone. When a call comes through, the display changes so that you can see who is calling with answer and decline buttons. The sound is good and people can also hear you clearly. Playing music from my cellphone via the bluetooth connection is also a breeze.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radio-af.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	511.3 KB 
ID:	555319   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Radio-aan.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	555320   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RearCamera.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	555321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarFi.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	555322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skakelaar.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	339.0 KB 
ID:	555323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skakelaar2.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	555329  
    Last edited by KampTeMin; 2020/01/23 at 02:45 PM.
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI 8)

Quote Originally Posted by KampTeMin View Post
    I have a 2006 model Touareg. I bought a Navigation unit from http://www.witson.com in April 2018. The one I bought is model W2-V5769. This unit is no longer available, but they do have newer units. See here for their products: http://witson.com/product.html?proTy...29138833622400I'm very happy with my purchase and will gladly buy it again if the need arises. Installation was done by Tim Legge (http://www.technimech.co.za/)
    There are no prices on their website, what is the average price of these units?
    2006 VW Touareg 4.2 V8 Auto
    2000 Disco 2 GS 4.6 V8 Auto

2013 Wildebeest Kalfie Boswa
    2002 Audi S6 4.2 V8 quattro

2013 Freelander SD4 (SWAMBO)
    ORRA Z07

Guys thank you for the detailed replies regarding the radio unit, it is much appreciated. I would prefer to replace the whole unit if not too expensive. Erich Kieck funny enough on the linked thread you posted, earlier on this, I noticed Brandun in posts #8513 & 8514 has installed what I am after.

If the replacement unit is too much I will look at at all the suggestions again, I am sure though other owners can also use it.

I must say this is an amazing sub-forum with lots of help offered, this thread by itself is a goldmine of information!

KampTeMin thank you for your very informative reply. I am definitely going to have a look at all your links. I really just want to replace the unit so that I have usb & bluetooth facility and also being able to use my phone using the bluetooth connection. For the rest I don't want to add (even more) electronics to the vehicle, but let's see how things go. Camera might be nice...I might come back with a few questions for you.
    Last edited by walkabout; 2020/01/23 at 11:29 AM.
    2009 VW Touareg 3l V6 TDi
    2006 Isuzu DMax 300Tdi DC 4x4 (sold)

Thanks in advance.
    It could just be the center carrier bearing, If there is a thumping coming from the center console under acceleration. If so

This is an easy cheap DIY fix that lasts long.

Its be documented very neatly by karoo klong on this thread.

But Stephan would be the right man to contact to confirm.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    Get in contact with Stephan van Tonder on thi forum.

Chris.
    Thanks, I'll drop him a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    It could just be the center carrier bearing, If there is a thumping coming from the center console under acceleration. If so

This is an easy cheap DIY fix that lasts long.

Its be documented very neatly by karoo klong on this thread.

But Stephan would be the right man to contact to confirm.
    Apparently it is the centre carrier bearing. I'll search for his post. Thanks so much!

Apparently it is the centre carrier bearing. I'll search for his post. Thanks so much!
    here is the thread

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-Begins/page11

I did the fix as per KK instructions on my old treg. Took a couple of hours and R100 in pipe and cable ties.

the fix is stronger that a replacement part
    Last edited by Karol; 2020/01/23 at 01:28 PM.

2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by TwinDisco View Post
    There are no prices on their website, what is the average price of these units?
    My unit cost US$230. Weighs just under 4kg.
    Front camera US$25.
    OBD US$15
    Shipping with TNT was US$80.

You have to contact Witson for prices.
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI 8)

Thanks in advance.
    0615076017 probablythe rubber in the centre bearing and not the prop as such. There is a good easy fix.
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

Default 2013 White V8 in market

Hi Guys

Friend of mine here in Stellenbosch is going to sell his 2013 V8 Toureg, Air Suspension and electric towbar. Planning to trade in for new one. I know this V8 is loved by a lot.

Plus minus 130 000Km. He wants R420 K - is that a good price or too much?
    2019 Ford Ranger 2 Wildtrak d/c 4x4 (Mamma se kar)
    2014 VW Touareg TDI V6 (Pappa se kar)
    BL Boabab #1400

Default Re: 2013 White V8 in market

Quote Originally Posted by RossBreedt View Post
    Hi Guys

Friend of mine here in Stellenbosch is going to sell his 2013 V8 Toureg, Air Suspension and electric towbar. Planning to trade in for new one. I know this V8 is loved by a lot.

Plus minus 130 000Km. He wants R420 K - is that a good price or too much?
    Quick search on Autotrader shows similar one for R50k less
    Last edited by Tiaan Pot; 2020/01/27 at 05:28 PM.