Page 554 of 558 FirstFirst ... 54 304 454 504 529 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 11141

Thread: Treg Owners

Default Re: Treg Owners

I will be shopping for tires soon, The recent rains have made the roads ( even the N17) rough and pot holed.
    Getting a busted tyre on these roads is a high risk to personal safety.
    will be looking to change to a AT from an HT OEM size which is 275/45/20- currently there are general grabbers and cooper LTZ zeon available in this size.

However look how nice BFG look on a treg. I see they come in 275/55/20 - might get a bit of rub in sport suspension mode with this size.

what do you think ?

This treg is for sale at

https://www.cars.co.za/for-sale/used...urion/6888076/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Karol; 2021/03/01 at 03:04 PM.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    I will be shopping for tires soon, The recent rains have made the roads ( even the N17) rough and pot holed.
    will be looking to change to a AT from an HT OEM size which is 275/45/20- currently there are general grabbers and cooper LTZ zeon available in this size.

However look how nice BFG look on a treg. I see they come in 275/55/20 - might get a bit of rub in sport suspension mode with this size.

what do you think ?

This treg is for sale at

Thats a big change, I don't know for sure but almost don't think they would fit. Almost 7.3% bigger which comes to 2.2in in diameter, I am all for bigger tires but that might be too much, maybe look at something narrower?

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollowchoc View Post
    I had it rebuilt once already. I currently have the 2kw version and have been advised that the 2.2kw is much better at cranking. Will be paying a chunk in labour anyways so probably an idea to upgrade.
    cheers
    I replaced my starter motor in 2019 and it sorted out the starting problem and going through batteries on a regular interval.

I bought it from Gold wagon.

See below

Cheers
    Doug
    Last edited by Doug; 2021/03/01 at 03:31 PM.
    Touareg V6 TDI 2007
    Metalian Parthian Trailer with Bundu Top tent on Top.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I replaced my starter motor in 2019 and it sorted out the starting problem and going through batteries on a regular interval.

I bought it from Gold wagon.

See below

Re: V6 TDI battling to start in the morning

Well the good news is that my touareg has had the new Bosch starter fitted and it starts in a flash, no more cranking.

The best R3830 plus labour R3030 including vat I have spent.

I will attach some photos and if you look at the old starter motor you will see it is a Bosch and also made in Hungary like the new one.

The person that fitted it pointed out the braided cable from the solenoid was touching the casing of the motor. I don't know if this has any significates to the starting problem. See Photo.

Yes, you guys that said change the starter motor, you are spot on. I actually can't wait to show people I know how my car starts after years of cranking.

Cheers
    Doug
    Attached Thumbnails

Cheers
    Doug
    Touareg V6 TDI 2007
    Metalian Parthian Trailer with Bundu Top tent on Top.

what do you think ?

This treg is for sale at

Also think it's going to scrape a bit. 5% seems to be the limit, although my reference point is the previous generation Tregs. Regarding the BFG tyres, I run them on mine, they are very pothole resistant and tough, but they are very heavy tyres and add considerably to fuel consumption. Also they are not good high speed tyres and probably will not enjoy the V8's torque planted onto them on asphalt that much. They are truly a bit more off-road biased and the V8 is a more road biased machine.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Also think it's going to scrape a bit. 5% seems to be the limit, although my reference point is the previous generation Tregs. Regarding the BFG tyres, I run them on mine, they are very pothole resistant and tough, but they are very heavy tyres and add considerably to fuel consumption. Also they are not good high speed tyres and probably will not enjoy the V8's torque planted onto them on asphalt that much. They are truly a bit more off-road biased and the V8 is a more road biased machine.
    Good advice thanks, the best available for OEM size and rated for speed and are a LT
    are cooper zeon Ltz. Looks like choosing will be easy as that- or maybe grabbers from GT

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

Good advice thanks, the best available for OEM size and rated for speed and are a LT
    are cooper zeon Ltz. Looks like choosing will be easy as that- or maybe grabbers from GT
    Maybe you can convince one of your local tire shops to fit and do a test to see if the will rub? Nothing beats actually checking the fit and feel on a car.

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

With all the Difflock vs TC conversations going on I was wandering about the System on the T1 treg.

1) Does deactivating the ESP also deactivates the Traction Control? (I will certainly think so) - I normally deactivate the ESP for Sand driving and keep it on for rock crawling and cross axles situations.

2) When in low range with the center diff and rear diff locked manually. - Is the traction control still active on the front axle?

Does the Good Year Wrangler not make any compatible sizes?

Very good tyres, low noise, good fuel economy, nice looking and very capable off road.

Hi,

Is anyone here running the current (new) Treg?...specifically the new Executive model with all the fancy (crazy) electronics.

How do ya'll find it? Anything to be concerned about? In hindsight, would you still purchase it?

I'm considering swapping my Amarok Extreme for one of those. Any and all opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    2019 VW Amarok Extreme V6 (QTec Tuned - 240KW / 700NM)
    2020 Ford Everest Limited 2.0 Bi-Turbo (SWAMBO)

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    Does the Good Year Wrangler not make any compatible sizes?

Very good tyres, low noise, good fuel economy, nice looking and very capable off road.
    nope, only grabber and cooper zeon ltz for all terrain with 275/45/20. No availability or ETA.

So i went with pirelli scorpion verde all season @ R 3300 per tire today

sensible option as I donít do heavy off roading only mud, sand, dirt and tar.

very quite tire and recommended on by a few touareg drivers over seas.

my current achillies dessert hawk HT were starting to disform and bulge on the thread which created a steering vibration. This after 45k km.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

Sadly I had to say goodbye to the precious this week. After more than eight years of faithful service, family requirements just changed too much.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0123.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	608917
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    Sadly I had to say goodbye to the precious this week. After more than eight years of faithful service, family requirements just changed too much.
    What a sad day. How many KM on the car now?

Quote Originally Posted by AWJS View Post
    What a sad day. How many KM on the car now?
    230 000
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by AWJS View Post
    With all the Difflock vs TC conversations going on I was wandering about the System on the T1 treg.

1) Does deactivating the ESP also deactivates the Traction Control? (I will certainly think so) - I normally deactivate the ESP for Sand driving and keep it on for rock crawling and cross axles situations.

2) When in low range with the center diff and rear diff locked manually. - Is the traction control still active on the front axle?
    Traction control always works on the treg. ESP on means the car will cut power and use traction control. ESP off means car won't cut power but will utilise traction control.

If you really want TC off, pull the abs fuse or unplug an abs sensor and cable tie it away. Once done, revert your actions, restart and drive a few hundred meters to reset.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0123.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	608917
    End of an era for you. Sad to see a Treg member go. All the best with whatever comes next.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    End of an era for you. Sad to see a Treg member go. All the best with whatever comes next.
    Thanks Dieter,
    Maybe one day again!

- Pam Ayres

Thanks Dieter,
    Maybe one day again!

Sad to seeyou go.

What comes next

Chris.

Hi Chris,
    The Disco will remain the family/travel vehicle and we are getting something slightly smaller for town driving.

- Pam Ayres

I have been driving a Treg for 10 years (two different ones). The latest is a 2016 model. I have always had 255x55 tyres on it. Never any problem with touching the body even when you drop the air suspension to Sport mode.
    The 2016 has an 18 in rim. I have had various brands but in my view the Grabber AT3s are the best. Very quiet on the tar and plenty of grip off road.
    In January 2020 I needed new tires and there were no 255x55 available in the country with General Tire no even giving a delivery date. Best tyre convinced me that 255x60R18 Grabber AT3's would not touch the bodywork so I fitted them. No problem at all.

Unfortunately I have sold the Treg a week ago. I now have a full size spare with a newish tyre on it. (255x60) which I will be marketing shortly.
    VW Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Terrain Tech)