Treg Owners - Page 524

Page 524 of 526 FirstFirst ... 24 274 424 474 499 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 LastLast
Results 10,461 to 10,480 of 10517

Thread: Treg Owners

Default Re: Treg Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo Klong View Post
    Buy the car.
    Finance the fuel...

Story of my life. Whenever someone asks me how much diesel the V10 use, I simply answer "enough".
    I bought this car to tow my heavy caravan and not break fuel economy records.
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

And, despite all the fuel these large V8's and V10's use, it is still better for the environment to keep an old car going rather than replace it with a new one that required new steel, plastic, batteries, leather etc. etc.
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan van Tonder View Post
    Inever get involved in these consumption things. People drive differently, has different tyres, use different fuel, has different habits, etc so no two cars wil give identical consumption. I alos tend to be really bad tracking consumption day to day and many will track it only when on holiday(that's me) so unless you have the exact same setup, drive the exact same pattern etc. i never really get worried about cars getting different numbers. But diffent year models also have different engines and will have different fuel maps yes.
    Are you able to change these maps?

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo Klong View Post
    We had the opportunity of driving both mine and FILs Touareg from Vredenburg to Bloemfontein and back. We swopped driving positions and also compared from refuel to refuel.
    The 2006 returns with 9.2l/100
    The 2007 returns with 11.7l/100

Mine has 18" Coopers
    FIL's has 17" Pirelli Scorpions

Both BKS engines.
    Driven in convoy.
    Swopped driving in front positions from refuel to refuel.

Still the same results.

However....
    After I started putting mine in Sport Gear mode, the condition in the long haul drops down to 9.1/100km from Laingsburg to Worcester.
    Cruise control off and driving at about 130km/h

So there is definitely something you say about driving in sport mode.
    I very rarely drive in sport mode if you are referring to the gear shifter? Air suspension if I am not towing is in sport but towing I need to go up to comfort due to the low tow hitch.

So in your case the 2006 seems to give better economy.

I hear what you guys are saying about not worrying about fuel consumption etc. But I still reckon mine seems to be excessive. Went away this week end with us towing and my father in law also towing. We drove pretty much in convoy. His disco 4 returns over 10 kays a litre while I sit at around 7 to 8. It would be great if I could get even close to that figure. In order for me to get over 700 kays on a tank, I have to drive to the point where I get nervous!! Ha ha ha. When I fill up then its over 100 litres going in. Seems the disco 4 can do the same mileage I can but with a tiny tank, I think its like 64 litres.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderGear View Post
    Story of my life. Whenever someone asks me how much diesel the V10 use, I simply answer "enough".
    I bought this car to tow my heavy caravan and not break fuel economy records.
    So what sort of distance do you get on a tank with the V10? Im assuming its the same massive 105 litre tank?

Quote Originally Posted by ozosborne View Post
    So what sort of distance do you get on a tank with the V10? Im assuming its the same massive 105 litre tank?
    Enough!

In town its ridiculous, between 16-19l/100km, on the open road it can dip to just below 10l/100km.
    Towing a heavy Exclusive caravan i get around 16l/100km.
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

Are you able to change these maps?
    yup, but the change we make is not likely to improve your economy numbers
    Audi A6 Avant - 2005 - 3l TDi Quattro - my daily
    Audi Q7 - 3l TDi - 2010 - steel suspension - wife's daily
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDI
    VW Touareg - 2009 - V6 TDI
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

Hello Guys,

Does anyone have a good second hand power sterring pump lying around? Mine is making a whirring/whining noise and I don't want to risk it packing up mid drive on the highway.

So I get into the Touareg yesterday and as I start reversing out of the garage I notice that the brake pedal is bloody hard and I have no boost on the brakes.

Traced the boost lines and lo and behold, a rat has decided to chow a tiny hole in the pipe (hopefully no other damage).

Luckily it is a short rubber elbow, had a piece lying around at the farm workshop. All fixed again
    2011 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI with air

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mielie 84 For This Useful Post:

Hi there!
    During my last caravan trip with "Geit", (my lovely TDI V6 Touareg), I busted the sidewall on one of my Nexen tyres. Had to jump over to Thabazimbi quickly (being Saturday morning) for a new tyre, but alas, the only one I could find in the proper size was a Habilead (@ R1260)
    Fitted that, and back home decided to replace this as I prefer all tyres on my vehicles to be of similar brand. Minty's sell Nexen (another R 1500 ...) and despite even the Minty's salesman saying there is nothing wrong with the Habilead, I went ahead with this replacement.

Thing is, I now sit with a BRAND NEW TYRE having done less than 500 kms. Absolutely guaranteed not to have any damage at all, for sale
    Any reasonable offers?
    Habilead 255/55 x 18R

Contact me on 071 eight seven seven 6079 if interested.
    1984 SJ 410 ("Ben Laden" ) sold
    2013 Jimny ("Seuntjie") Wizerd rock sliders and underwear, Steering damper
    2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.4 ("Moeder") DASTEK chip (Sold)
    2010 Audi S3 ("Silvo")
    2013 VW Touareg V6 TDi ("Geit")
    2 bicycles ("Blitz" and "Monstrosity")
    2014 SYM 300i GTS Scooter ("Babatjie")

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan van Tonder View Post
    yup, but the change we make is not likely to improve your economy numbers
    Ha ha ha ha!!! We would not want that now.

Just feedback on my prop bearing story. Dropped it by my mate at prop city. They fitted a new bearing, cleaned and greased up a few other bits and pieces, balanced and re fitted. All good now again. Cost was R1725 Vat included.

could have saved 1620. But all good.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan van Tonder For This Useful Post:

Ha ha ha ha!!! We would not want that now.

Just feedback on my prop bearing story. Dropped it by my mate at prop city. They fitted a new bearing, cleaned and greased up a few other bits and pieces, balanced and re fitted. All good now again. Cost was R1725 Vat included.
    Hope you don't get propshaft balancing issues like most who get the hanger bearing replaced.
    It's the diafragm that is an inferior 1.7mm thick that keeps failing.
    Not the bearing.
    The "Jimmy Fix" still going strong on mine.
    Last edited by Karoo Klong; 2019/08/21 at 04:13 PM.

Hi gents.

My Treg is going in for a service (225 000km) early in September. I want to replace the brake fluid with this service. I supply all the parts myself. How much brake fluid must I get? According to google we must use Dot4 or Dot5.1?

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Kieck View Post
    Hello Guys,

Does anyone have a good second hand power sterring pump lying around? Mine is making a whirring/whining noise and I don't want to risk it packing up mid drive on the highway.
    Is it not maybe just low on fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by AWJS View Post
    Hi gents.

My Treg is going in for a service (225 000km) early in September. I want to replace the brake fluid with this service. I supply all the parts myself. How much brake fluid must I get? According to google we must use Dot4 or Dot5.1?
    3 x 500ml should be more than enough.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan van Tonder For This Useful Post:

Good day, does anybody have a spare full size 18 inch wheel I can use as a spare. I have a tire I can take with me, but I have no spare on the rear hatch door, so it will have to go on top of the roof.
    I don`t really want to change tires to the flat`s rim if the problem does arise.
    Colt 3L Rodeo
    T4 Syncro
    2.8 Blisterfender
    Syncro Camper -miles of smiles .
    Now a T4 Syncro Caravelle TDI
    BMW 1200 GS-moves my soul
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Klr350
    DRZ400
    My other passion is flying-keeps me sane

I've had my 2007 T1 3.0 V6 TDI for a year now and I've done 30 000km with it in that time. It's been an utter joy and I've loved every minute of ownership so far!

Last week I went to Lesotho for work for a few days with it and when I got back, took the SO to the Lowveld where we went up and down the Panorama Route and into the Kruger National Park. In Sport mode on the gearbox an suspension, the car is quite a lot of fun in the twisty bits, despite its weight! The Good Year Wrangler Adventures AT tyres felt like proper sports car tyres, never complaining or feeling dodgy in the least.

When I stopped at the Maseru Bridge Border Post last week, I noticed the VW badge on my right front wheel had gone missing - must have fallen off on the drive. Where would I be able to get a replacement centre cap or just the badge? I've got the 18" wheels on.

On our way back from the Lowveld yesterday, just after Milly's on the N4 I was busy overtaking a truck when suddenly there was no power, no warning signs on the dash. Just no drive. As I was busy overtaking a truck, I couldn't go to the left, and there was a truck behind it too, so I came to a dead stop in the right hand lane. I put it in park and it started again, but running very rough. I then managed to pull over to the shoulder on the left. Smoke was coming from the engine bay.

It turns out one of the little plastic clips that go onto the diesel return under the injector had popped off, so was pissing diesel out. There is no sign of a retainer clip and I see the others are held in place by a rubber. I always travel with a toolbox and some basics in the car, so I managed to push the pipe back on and secure it with zip ties. All good! No leak and I made it the 200km back home without issue. Checked it again now, and it's still secure and no sign of a leak. It seems it may have leaked there a bit for a while though - there is oiliness around the area and the head with caked on dust. I noticed on Sunday evening pulling away from the robot in Hazyview a lot of smoke in the car behind me's lights. Must have been that - not that I noticed anything in the cabin. Now there is no smoke at all.

What would the right part be to retain the plastic bit to the metal pipe? I'll take pics in a bit if not sure what part I am referring to.

Name:  69246450_10157504614191703_5587017282543943680_o.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  262.5 KB

2007 Volkswagen Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI Tiptronic (T1 BKS)
    Volkswagen Golf MK1 2.0 8V Race Car (111 Sports and Saloons)
    1966 Austin Mini MK1 1000
    1957 Porsche 718K Replica

22. The Following User Says Thank You to alfaquad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alfaquad View Post
    I've had my 2007 T1 3.0 V6 TDI for a year now and I've done 30 000km with it in that time. It's been an utter joy and I've loved every minute of ownership so far!

Last week I went to Lesotho for work for a few days with it and when I got back, took the SO to the Lowveld where we went up and down the Panorama Route and into the Kruger National Park. In Sport mode on the gearbox an suspension, the car is quite a lot of fun in the twisty bits, despite its weight! The Good Year Wrangler Adventures AT tyres felt like proper sports car tyres, never complaining or feeling dodgy in the least.

When I stopped at the Maseru Bridge Border Post last week, I noticed the VW badge on my right front wheel had gone missing - must have fallen off on the drive. Where would I be able to get a replacement centre cap or just the badge? I've got the 18" wheels on.

On our way back from the Lowveld yesterday, just after Milly's on the N4 I was busy overtaking a truck when suddenly there was no power, no warning signs on the dash. Just no drive. As I was busy overtaking a truck, I couldn't go to the left, and there was a truck behind it too, so I came to a dead stop in the right hand lane. I put it in park and it started again, but running very rough. I then managed to pull over to the shoulder on the left. Smoke was coming from the engine bay.

It turns out one of the little plastic clips that go onto the diesel return under the injector had popped off, so was pissing diesel out. There is no sign of a retainer clip and I see the others are held in place by a rubber. I always travel with a toolbox and some basics in the car, so I managed to push the pipe back on and secure it with zip ties. All good! No leak and I made it the 200km back home without issue. Checked it again now, and it's still secure and no sign of a leak. It seems it may have leaked there a bit for a while though - there is oiliness around the area and the head with caked on dust. I noticed on Sunday evening pulling away from the robot in Hazyview a lot of smoke in the car behind me's lights. Must have been that - not that I noticed anything in the cabin. Now there is no smoke at all.

What would the right part be to retain the plastic bit to the metal pipe? I'll take pics in a bit if not sure what part I am referring to.

Name:  69246450_10157504614191703_5587017282543943680_o.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  262.5 KB
    You can try this website. Show all the parts with part numbers
    https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/za/touareg/toua/
    Last edited by cor1903; 2019/08/27 at 11:45 AM. Reason: link was specific to the 2008 model

2008 VW Touareg 3.0 V6 Tdi
    White, Steel Suspension, BKS engine

Default Treg Owners

D
    Last edited by Fatcat256; 2019/08/29 at 05:58 AM.