Treg Owners - Page 526

Page 526 of 530 FirstFirst ... 26 276 426 476 501 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,520 of 10585

Thread: Treg Owners

Default Re: Treg Owners

Hi guys,

So it has happened I traded in the Treg a couple of weeks ago. The wife just never wanted to trust the reliability of the Treg so I had to let her go.

Sad not to be part of the family anymore, this is probably the best place on the forum and I really learned a lot here, I would regularly check back in here as there is a lot of guys with general VW knowledge (I traded her in for an Amarok).

So my last posts Treg related for a while:
    1. Regarding the back diff issue which myself, Kortgat and Aquasheep experinced on our 2006 Treg after oil changes. Before I let the Treg go I said to the dealer all 4x4 equipment was in order therefore I needed to sort this out. Problem was VW couldn't provide me with the right oil ( they were out of stock in the whole country) and it would have taken to long to wait for Ravenol to ship their oil (I was in a bit of a hurry). Then the mechanic I use in Pta advised that I use Liqui Moly's limited slip diff oil (LS SAE 85W 90 - the VW spec is 75W 85) he was of the opinion the issue was that the back diff is a limited slip diff and therefore LS oil should work and the thicker oil also because of the age. In any case he changed it (at R150 a bottle - i thought let me take a chance) it work a charm and the issue was sorted - so keep in mind when ever you need to change the oil on the back diff on one of the older Treg's.
    2. I have some parts that still lay in my garage for which I won't have any use for anymore: they are a pair of Fibi back break discs (I had the V6 tdi 2006 model) they have some brown rusty spots on don't know how they got wet in the garage, but otherwise they are brand new and never been used. I got a set of extra floor matts (all 4), I got a jimmy fix for the prop shaft mine was going strong on 60 000km so never needed the spare.

It is free for anyone who is willing to fetch
    Last edited by Wynpre; 2019/09/07 at 03:47 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wynpre For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wynpre View Post
    Hi guys,

So it has happened I traded in the Treg a couple of weeks ago. The wife just never wanted to trust the reliability of the Treg so I had to let her go.

Sad not to be part of the family anymore, this is probably the best place on the forum and I really learned a lot here, I would regularly check back in here as there is a lot of guys with general VW knowledge (I traded her in for an Amarok).

1. Regarding the back diff issue which myself, Kortgat and Aquasheep experinced on our 2006 Treg after oil changes. Before I let the Treg go I said to the dealer all 4x4 equipment was in order therefore I needed to sort this out. Problem was VW couldn't provide me with the right oil ( they were out of stock in the whole country) and it would have taken to long to wait for Ravenol to ship their oil (I was in a bit of a hurry). Then the mechanic I use in Pta advised that I use Liqui Moly's limited slip diff oil (LS SAE 85W 90 - the VW spec is 75W 85) he was of the opinion the issue was that the back diff is a limited slip diff and therefore LS oil should work and the thicker oil also because of the age. In any case he changed it (at R150 a bottle - i thought let me take a chance) it work a charm and the issue was sorted - so keep in mind when ever you need to change the oil on the back diff on one of the older Treg's.
    2. I have some parts that still lay in my garage for which I won't have any use for anymore: they are a pair of Fibi back break discs (I had the V6 tdi 2006 model) they have some brown rusty spots on don't know how they got wet in the garage, but otherwise they are brand new and never been used. I got a set of extra floor matts (all 4), I got a jimmy fix for the prop shaft mine was going strong on 60 000km so never needed the spare.

It's been nice having you as a member of the family. I suppose the Amarok is the only logical choice in moving in from a Touareg.
    All the best.
    Don't be a stranger now.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Karoo Klong For This Useful Post:

Hi guys,

Sorry to see you go. Thank you for the feedback re. the diff oil. Good to know it 100% resolves the issue. Iíd be interested in the parts. Where are you located/where do you work?
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

I am in Centurion / Irene (home) and Woodmead work.

Quote Originally Posted by ozosborne View Post
    I very rarely drive in sport mode if you are referring to the gear shifter? Air suspension if I am not towing is in sport but towing I need to go up to comfort due to the low tow hitch.

So in your case the 2006 seems to give better economy.

I hear what you guys are saying about not worrying about fuel consumption etc. But I still reckon mine seems to be excessive. Went away this week end with us towing and my father in law also towing. We drove pretty much in convoy. His disco 4 returns over 10 kays a litre while I sit at around 7 to 8. It would be great if I could get even close to that figure. In order for me to get over 700 kays on a tank, I have to drive to the point where I get nervous!! Ha ha ha. When I fill up then its over 100 litres going in. Seems the disco 4 can do the same mileage I can but with a tiny tank, I think its like 64 litres.
    Yes. Try it, it only changes the reves at which the gears shift, thus making the most of the engine power. It surely seems to help in traffic and on long runs when encountering up hills.

Be carefull for driving in sport suspension. It engages more camber and will tend to ware out the insides of the tires fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ozosborne View Post
    I very rarely drive in sport mode if you are referring to the gear shifter? Air suspension if I am not towing is in sport but towing I need to go up to comfort due to the low tow hitch.

So in your case the 2006 seems to give better economy.

I hear what you guys are saying about not worrying about fuel consumption etc. But I still reckon mine seems to be excessive. Went away this week end with us towing and my father in law also towing. We drove pretty much in convoy. His disco 4 returns over 10 kays a litre while I sit at around 7 to 8. It would be great if I could get even close to that figure. In order for me to get over 700 kays on a tank, I have to drive to the point where I get nervous!! Ha ha ha. When I fill up then its over 100 litres going in. Seems the disco 4 can do the same mileage I can but with a tiny tank, I think its like 64 litres.
    I blocked off my EGR some time ago but recently had it coded out by Stephan, after which I did a trip to Pilansberg and got an open road average of 8.5l/100 (indicated). The car was loaded with 3 adults and 2 kids with food and luggage doing between 110 and 125 km/h. Previously I could not get under 10l/100 km on the open road so this is quite an improvement and might be worth investigating.

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds
    '01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Commander For This Useful Post:

I am in Centurion / Irene (home) and Woodmead work.
    Thank you, I will PM you and arrange to have it collected in Woodmead. Do you like your biltong sliced or in one piece?

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Thank you, I will PM you and arrange to have it collected in Woodmead. Do you like your biltong sliced or in one piece?
    Thanks Dieter,

It would have been nice, the parts already found a new home.

Interesting discussion on Club Touareg.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Transmission Coding

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo Klong View Post
    Interesting discussion on Club Touareg.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Transmission Coding
    Why are they so excited to get rid of hill-hold assist?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

Why are they so excited to get rid of hill-hold assist?
    That doesn't make sense to me either.
    That's one of the best features of the Touareg.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoo Klong View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me either.
    That's one of the best features of the Touareg.
    No, there was more to it IIRC. One of the codes for the ROW versions had better shifting patterns than what was coded to the transmissions in the US.
    Touareg V10
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure R

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderGear For This Useful Post:

Hi all

what is the cause of this leak at the exhaust system in the picture?

2012 Touareg (7P)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    VW Amarok Highline 4Motion Auto - Mine
    VW Golf 7 2.0 TDI Highline DSG - Mine
    BMW 3 Series Motorsport 2.0 - SWAMBO

Quote Originally Posted by divanvanderwatt View Post
    Hi all

2012 Touareg (7P)
    Shortly after this the Diesel Particle Filter light came on.

Drove for 15minutes at 120km/h, DPF successfully regenerated and light off.

Iíve read that the Diesel Particle filter sits inside the exhaust system - so might be the cause of the leak?
    VW Amarok Highline 4Motion Auto - Mine
    VW Golf 7 2.0 TDI Highline DSG - Mine
    BMW 3 Series Motorsport 2.0 - SWAMBO

Quote Originally Posted by divanvanderwatt View Post
    Hi all

2012 Touareg (7P)
    Looks like a bit of condensation to me. If it's dripping there, have to assume the exhaust has a hole there. The DPF sits before that.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1681.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	540927
    Had a slow leak on one wheel, from the valve stem.
    Tried at several places to remove it to sort out the rubber, but could not get it removed.

Finally bought two new kits from VW @ R125each

And decide to give it the drill.
    I used a step drill, so it made it wider and deeper, gradually.
    ( left is the result)

Turns out that inside the outer part, there is a crushable rib that locks the shafts together.

Thatís why it wouldnít budge - as you donít want that coming loose...

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Fatcat256 For This Useful Post:

Iím glad you brought this up again. At the moment my rear diff lock is still deactivated via the fuse.

Iím starting to strongly believe that those Treg rear differentials with lockers require a different oil. Have a read here from post 29 onwards...

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...o-23666-3.html

Think I need to go to the stealers and see what they have on their system for my VIN.
    Changed the rear-diff oil yesterday; - can confirm that this solves the issue. RDL working perfectly again. Also did the center bearing carrier DIY fix as a precaution as my existing bearing carrier was on 140 000 km's / 7 years. Had some cracks in the rubber.

Also put a shim into the driver side door; - much better. Thank you Erich for the shims you left for me with Stephan.

Stephan thank you for your facility and assistance.

Next are some bushings on the rear control arms and software EGR delete, which Stephan will be doing.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

Good evening Touereg experts, would this replacement pump be correct for my 2010 V6Tdi? Is Meyle a good aftermarket part maker?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113775141324

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Kieck View Post
    Good evening Touereg experts, would this replacement pump be correct for my 2010 V6Tdi? Is Meyle a good aftermarket part maker?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113775141324
    No experience with that exact part, but don't see why it should not be ok. I've had rubbish parts from Meyle but mostly very good ones. If it's a good deal cheaper than OEM, go for it. Just remember import duties and VAT..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Kortgat For This Useful Post:

So a weird scenario this morning. Last used the Treg on Saturday, today Monday morning, I start driving and see that the 'Trip Since Start' has not reset. Still has my distance, average consumption from Saturday. Interesting though the trip time was 6 hours 55 minutes; - Saturdays trip was about 2.5 hours though.

Very strange, I've never seen that thing not rest itself. Hope it's not the start of some ECU issue.