Treg Owners - Page 51





Page 51 of 541 FirstFirst ... 26 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 76 101 151 301 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 10811

Thread: Treg Owners

  1. #1001
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanked: 618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    I promised a friend of mine I'd post and get group feedback for him (sorry if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere previously)...

    He is seriously looking at a 2005 Treg V10 with 150k on the clock and he has negotiated a price of R110k....

    He wants to know if the engines have a good rep (which to my mind they do), and whether he's going to regret it when it comes time to maintain. He loves the car but doesn't want to break the bank in owning one.

    The car possibly won't be used as a daily drive....

    I've given him my views, and would appreciate some feedback from the group...thanks guys...
    Miks, think you know the drill on this one .

    Can go good or bad. If it goes bad, very expensive, if all is good it's a bargain for now.

    Engine itself is only a small part of the risk. All the systems on this vehicle need to be considered. It's all nearly 10 years old now.

    Without doing a thorough examination by someone such as Tim, there is just no way of telling. I'd spend the money and get Tim to have a look.

    It's a given that sooner or later this baby is going to cost real money to keep going.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    2010 Bombardier Electrostar 746 kw - Gautrain (Daily Commute)


    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time


  2. #1002
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Parktown, Johannesburg
    Age
    31
    Posts
    425
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Miks, think you know the drill on this one . Can go good or bad. If it goes bad, very expensive, if all is good it's a bargain for now. Engine itself is only a small part of the risk. All the systems on this vehicle need to be considered. It's all nearly 10 years old now. Without doing a thorough examination by someone such as Tim, there is just no way of telling. I'd spend the money and get Tim to have a look. It's a given that sooner or later this baby is going to cost real money to keep going.
    Indeed I do! :-D

    Your advice is in line with mine which is always a good thing...

    I've told him about Tim already, also told him about oil analysis, warranties in contract etc etc...only problem is all my advice to be cautious is going up against 750nm of pull towards making on the spot decisions haha....
    2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI (Air and Bi-xenons)

  3. #1003
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Parktown, Johannesburg
    Age
    31
    Posts
    425
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    As an aside, my tyre saga continues. Pirelli don't make scorpion ATR in the size I need anymore (I confirmed with head office), and so from my original list, grabbers and hankooks remain.

    Almost ready to pull the trigger on the grabbers, but worried about road noise and high speed handling.

    Pirelli have a new scorpion called the 'verde' which is 15% mild offroad and 85% tar (according to them).

    Getting tired of this....should just get a defender or HILUX or something where things like road noise, highway performance and comfort don't matter! :-D
    2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI (Air and Bi-xenons)

  4. #1004
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,176
    Thanked: 512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    Getting tired of this....should just get a defender or HILUX or something where things like road noise, highway performance and comfort don't matter! :-D
    I thought they are only allowed north of the Jukskei?
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

  5. #1005
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanked: 618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    As an aside, my tyre saga continues. Pirelli don't make scorpion ATR in the size I need anymore (I confirmed with head office), and so from my original list, grabbers and hankooks remain.

    Almost ready to pull the trigger on the grabbers, but worried about road noise and high speed handling.

    Pirelli have a new scorpion called the 'verde' which is 15% mild offroad and 85% tar (according to them).

    Getting tired of this....should just get a defender or HILUX or something where things like road noise, highway performance and comfort don't matter! :-D
    What size ATR's do they no longer make? Had/have excellent service from my ATR's. They alsmost don't want to die, and I want to get 265's instead of 235's.

    I'd go with Grabber's then also.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    2010 Bombardier Electrostar 746 kw - Gautrain (Daily Commute)


    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time


  6. #1006
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Parktown, Johannesburg
    Age
    31
    Posts
    425
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    What size ATR's do they no longer make? Had/have excellent service from my ATR's. They alsmost don't want to die, and I want to get 265's instead of 235's.

    I'd go with Grabber's then also.
    They are not making the 255/55 R18...in fact this is a particularly difficult tyre size to find in A/T guise!!

    Pirelli's only offering is the Scorpion Verde which looks quite impressive (focus on being green, lasting long, and very low road noise), but the say "light offroad" in the description. Worried that a trip to de wildt or bass lake (albeit not often) may hurt the tyres.

    Kortgat did you change from H/P or some other road tyre to the ATR's?? If so, what sort of difference in road noise and vibration did you pick up, if any?
    2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI (Air and Bi-xenons)

  7. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Potchefstroom
    Age
    45
    Posts
    560
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Try 255 60 18. I have scorpion in that size, 3 months old. Speedo is the same as gps speed.

    So begin dit...

  8. #1008
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    43
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miks View Post
    As an aside, my tyre saga continues. Pirelli don't make scorpion ATR in the size I need anymore (I confirmed with head office), and so from my original list, grabbers and hankooks remain.

    Almost ready to pull the trigger on the grabbers, but worried about road noise and high speed handling.

    Pirelli have a new scorpion called the 'verde' which is 15% mild offroad and 85% tar (according to them).

    Getting tired of this....should just get a defender or HILUX or something where things like road noise, highway performance and comfort don't matter! :-D
    So I've also been looking and researching and breaking my head. Finally decided on Coopers Discoverer A/T3 265/60/R18
    They fit wel, with no rubing against the inside of the wheel arch at full turning circle.
    They are NOT noisy at 120km/h, also wet and dry handeling very good.
    They start to make a low hum noise when going way above the speed limit, but not that bad.
    So far I'm very happy and have done 4000km. According to the web they should last for 90k km. They have a 1.1mm deep tred, so let's wait and see.
    Reason I chose them over the grabbers were the price. All 4 tyres + Ballance fitmet and wheel allignment was just under R13k
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  9. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanked: 11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pienaarj View Post
    So I've also been looking and researching and breaking my head. Finally decided on Coopers Discoverer A/T3 265/60/R18
    They fit wel, with no rubing against the inside of the wheel arch at full turning circle.
    They are NOT noisy at 120km/h, also wet and dry handeling very good.
    They start to make a low hum noise when going way above the speed limit, but not that bad.
    So far I'm very happy and have done 4000km. According to the web they should last for 90k km. They have a 1.1mm deep tred, so let's wait and see.
    Reason I chose them over the grabbers were the price. All 4 tyres + Ballance fitmet and wheel allignment was just under R13k

    Try to increase your tyre pressure a bit to see If they do not reduce the 'hum'.
    2014 AutoAmaRock
    RSI Signature Canopy
    Pirelli Scorpion ATR 265/70 R17

  10. #1010
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East London
    Age
    35
    Posts
    17,036
    Thanked: 2365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pienaarj View Post
    So I've also been looking and researching and breaking my head. Finally decided on Coopers Discoverer A/T3 265/60/R18
    They fit wel, with no rubing against the inside of the wheel arch at full turning circle.
    They are NOT noisy at 120km/h, also wet and dry handeling very good.
    They start to make a low hum noise when going way above the speed limit, but not that bad.
    So far I'm very happy and have done 4000km. According to the web they should last for 90k km. They have a 1.1mm deep tred, so let's wait and see.
    Reason I chose them over the grabbers were the price. All 4 tyres + Ballance fitmet and wheel allignment was just under R13k
    It will be a long stretch to make them last up to 90k kms.

  11. #1011
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Parktown, Johannesburg
    Age
    31
    Posts
    425
    Thanked: 1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    Try 255 60 18. I have scorpion in that size, 3 months old. Speedo is the same as gps speed.
    I asked for slight variations in size of scorpion but Pirelli seems to not have stock at all. Told me I need to wait 6-8 weeks for an answer....I'm sure the guy on the phone was maybe not getting what i was asking, but to be honest I didn't really push it...

    Anyway, I ordered the Grabbers yesterday and they are being fitted today...

    Quote Originally Posted by pienaarj View Post
    So I've also been looking and researching and breaking my head. Finally decided on Coopers Discoverer A/T3 265/60/R18
    They fit wel, with no rubing against the inside of the wheel arch at full turning circle.
    They are NOT noisy at 120km/h, also wet and dry handeling very good.
    They start to make a low hum noise when going way above the speed limit, but not that bad.
    So far I'm very happy and have done 4000km. According to the web they should last for 90k km. They have a 1.1mm deep tred, so let's wait and see.
    Reason I chose them over the grabbers were the price. All 4 tyres + Ballance fitmet and wheel allignment was just under R13k
    I looked at the Cooper too. The Grabber just seemed to be more documented (not that too much turns on this)...

    Anyway, as stated above, I ordered the Grabbers yesterday before reading these posts, so I must just be happy and stop looking, and hope that I dont hate them!

    Initial quotes were R12 800 for the Grabbers, but I negotiated it down to R10 600 all in. 8)

    Ill post pics once their fitted...Thanks for all the help Treggers. Really would have been that much more lost without the help...
    2009 VW Touareg V6 TDI (Air and Bi-xenons)

  12. #1012
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    31
    Posts
    402
    Thanked: 5

    Default

    Miks what's the verdict on your new tyres?
    2007 VW Touareg 3TDi V6 with air suspension

  13. #1013
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Klerksdorp
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Hi Tregs
    Final took delivery last week, with 17inch rims. Now for getting the spare on the roof
    2014 Touareg V6 TDI Air Low range / 2013 LC FJ79 V6 /
    2013 Kubota RTV 900 / 2011 MF440SE 4x4
    ------------------
    Over the years
    1983 LC FJ45 petrol / 1990 LC FJ75 petrol
    Prado petrol import / Pajero / Fortuner
    MB ML270 / MB ML350

  14. #1014
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 0

    Default Pics of my Treg

    Only had two days with the Treg before going on holiday but back now, so here are some pics of my ride.

    Things already done:
    * Booked her in with Tim for Thursday
    * Replaced the radio with an S100 unit
    * Re-seated some of the plastic panels (whoever took them out prior did not do a great job putting them back)
    * Removed rear-seat DVD players (these are for sale, btw. Offers welcome)
    * Ordered Phaeton style key-shell (like this)
    * Bought keys for the roof racks

    To do:
    * Replace all the naff looking peeling buttons. Cost from VW came in (surprisingly cheap) at R3602 incl. This is for: Left seat heat, PDC, Hazard, Right seat heat, Suspension Stiffness Control, and a newer style start button)
    * LED swap of interior lights (anyone done this on their Treg?)
    * Hunt down and eliminate some squeaks and rattles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image10.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	301005   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	301006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	301007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image6.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	301008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	301009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image7.jpeg 
Views:	164 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	301012  
    Last edited by hugo_za; 2014/08/11 at 02:27 PM.
    ::Current::
    2017 Tiguan Highline DSG *Indium Grey*
    2l TSI | DSG | 4Motion | Leather Heated Memory Seats | Kessy | Electronic Tailgate with Easy Open |
    8" Discover Media with Nav, Voice, Apps | Lane Assist | Traffic Jam Assist | ACC | Active Info Display|
    Surround View | Auto Park Assist | LED Headlights | Dark 3D Tail Lights

    ::Previous::
    '09 VW CC 3.6 | '06 BMW 740i | '04 VW Touareg V8 Air |
    '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland |
    '07 Mercedes-Benz CLS500 Air | '05 BMW 645ci |
    '97 BMW 540i | '04 Mercedes Benz E320 Avantgarde |
    '04 Jaguar S-Type 3L V6 | '06 BMW 118i

  15. #1015
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    48
    Posts
    178
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    Looking good!!

    BTW if I may ask, where did you get the radio unit and ......what did it set you back?

  16. #1016
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DewaldtS View Post
    Looking good!!

    BTW if I may ask, where did you get the radio unit and ......what did it set you back?
    Hey bud. I actually bought mine from Johan right here on the forum. It is THIS unit. I had the older model which is also sold by the same retailer, and the difference is like night and day. Sound quality is good, operating speed and response is much improved.
    ::Current::
    2017 Tiguan Highline DSG *Indium Grey*
    2l TSI | DSG | 4Motion | Leather Heated Memory Seats | Kessy | Electronic Tailgate with Easy Open |
    8" Discover Media with Nav, Voice, Apps | Lane Assist | Traffic Jam Assist | ACC | Active Info Display|
    Surround View | Auto Park Assist | LED Headlights | Dark 3D Tail Lights

    ::Previous::
    '09 VW CC 3.6 | '06 BMW 740i | '04 VW Touareg V8 Air |
    '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland |
    '07 Mercedes-Benz CLS500 Air | '05 BMW 645ci |
    '97 BMW 540i | '04 Mercedes Benz E320 Avantgarde |
    '04 Jaguar S-Type 3L V6 | '06 BMW 118i

  17. #1017
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    48
    Posts
    178
    Thanked: 9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_za View Post
    I actually bought mine from Johan right here on the forum. It is THIS unit. I had the older model which is also sold by the same retailer, and the difference is like night and day. Sound quality is good, operating speed and response is much improved.
    Will have to speak to my bank manager about giving him some additional sleepless nights....me wants one of those

  18. #1018
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 0

    Default Fuel economy

    Just wanted to share. 16.1l/100km. Sandton to Lonehill in average traffic. Suspension in comfort and gearbox in tiptronic.
    ::Current::
    2017 Tiguan Highline DSG *Indium Grey*
    2l TSI | DSG | 4Motion | Leather Heated Memory Seats | Kessy | Electronic Tailgate with Easy Open |
    8" Discover Media with Nav, Voice, Apps | Lane Assist | Traffic Jam Assist | ACC | Active Info Display|
    Surround View | Auto Park Assist | LED Headlights | Dark 3D Tail Lights

    ::Previous::
    '09 VW CC 3.6 | '06 BMW 740i | '04 VW Touareg V8 Air |
    '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland |
    '07 Mercedes-Benz CLS500 Air | '05 BMW 645ci |
    '97 BMW 540i | '04 Mercedes Benz E320 Avantgarde |
    '04 Jaguar S-Type 3L V6 | '06 BMW 118i

  19. #1019
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Auckland
    Age
    34
    Posts
    159
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407768574.019774.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	301057
    ::Current::
    2017 Tiguan Highline DSG *Indium Grey*
    2l TSI | DSG | 4Motion | Leather Heated Memory Seats | Kessy | Electronic Tailgate with Easy Open |
    8" Discover Media with Nav, Voice, Apps | Lane Assist | Traffic Jam Assist | ACC | Active Info Display|
    Surround View | Auto Park Assist | LED Headlights | Dark 3D Tail Lights

    ::Previous::
    '09 VW CC 3.6 | '06 BMW 740i | '04 VW Touareg V8 Air |
    '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Overland |
    '07 Mercedes-Benz CLS500 Air | '05 BMW 645ci |
    '97 BMW 540i | '04 Mercedes Benz E320 Avantgarde |
    '04 Jaguar S-Type 3L V6 | '06 BMW 118i

  20. #1020
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,367
    Thanked: 618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hugo_za View Post
    Only had two days with the Treg before going on holiday but back now, so here are some pics of my ride. Things already done: * Booked her in with Tim for Thursday * Replaced the radio with an S100 unit * Re-seated some of the plastic panels (whoever took them out prior did not do a great job putting them back) * Removed rear-seat DVD players (these are for sale, btw. Offers welcome) * Ordered Phaeton style key-shell (like this) * Bought keys for the roof racks To do: * Replace all the naff looking peeling buttons. Cost from VW came in (surprisingly cheap) at R3602 incl. This is for: Left seat heat, PDC, Hazard, Right seat heat, Suspension Stiffness Control, and a newer style start button) * LED swap of interior lights (anyone done this on their Treg?) * Hunt down and eliminate some squeaks and rattles
    Looking great. Glad you putting in the effort.

    How is the radio reception?

    You need to do a full review on that unit for us....
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    2010 Bombardier Electrostar 746 kw - Gautrain (Daily Commute)


    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time


Page 51 of 541 FirstFirst ... 26 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 76 101 151 301 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. For Land Rover Owners
    By incrediblebob in forum Land Rover
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2015/08/11, 06:49 PM
  2. Triton owners unite!!!!
    By Die SwartKat in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 2011/10/07, 04:17 PM
  3. Gauteng Land Rover Owners Take Note!!!
    By 4x4offroad in forum Calender & Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011/05/18, 09:21 PM
  4. Land Rover Owners Function
    By AndyF in forum Calender & Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2011/01/19, 04:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •