Treg Owners - Page 4

Page 4 of 530 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 254 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Treg Owners

Quote Originally Posted by PAJERO View Post
    I count about 10 incl me and you of witch only about 5 is very active.
    If i may ask what is the Km on yours?
    Pajero, I count 16 so far plus a few possibles And may be some more Lurkers

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Back from the Kruger. Did a Kruger extreme trip, 1 100 km in the park, starting at Malelane all the way to Crooks corner and back .

Treg was perfect!

Some clarity on the DPF questions:

- all V6 TDI's sold in SA up until and including 2007, regardless of facelift or not, did not have DPF's fitted. They do have what VW calls 'DPF preperation', which is really just seems to be a blank DPF unit - the one pictured in the diagram posted and which you can see under your car. I know the manual says it has DPF, but it did not for the SA market. The V10's however, had DPF's as of the facelift in 2007.
    - DPF's where then actually fitted to V6 TDI's from sometime in 2008, - I suspect in-line with the 176kw V6 TDI's coming out.

If you would like to check for sure if you have a DPF or not, ask your dealer to run the data sheet for your vehicle or do it yourself by subscribing to Erwin for a day and entering your VIN. (https://erwin.volkswagen.de). You could also check the vehicle data codes on the piece of paper in your spare wheel well. If you have the code 7GN there, it means you do not have a DPF. If you have either 7GG, 7MB, 7MG or 7GA, - you have a DPF in your V6 TDI.

No DPF = 505 01 or 507 oil (505 01 is cheaper and sufficient)
    With DPF = 507 oil only
    Thanks Kortgat. I have also been doing some research on my own. Talked to a VW "stealer" and they confirmed that my vehicle has one. Just to be absolutely sure I contacted VWSA and got the opposite response. This morning I got final confirmation from VWSA after giving them my VIN, that mine does NOT have the DPF. Also bought the workshop manual from emanualsonline and after entering all the different codes ito vehicle type, engine type and gearbox type the programme displayed two vehicle options of which none was fitted with a DPF.

@ ChrisLab: maybe the following link will be able to explain how the DPF works: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/v...pf-audi-q7.htm
    2011 RRS HSE Lux
    2002 Disco 2 Td5 GS A/T

Thanks Skippr, like I said I am not very technically or mechanically minded but this link explains it so well that even I can understand and make sense of it. I am consoling myself with the fact that these cars are so advanced that not many people including motor macs can work on them.

Chris

I Just confirmed from VW SA that according to them all the all the BKS engines was DPF prepared but the PDF was never fitted. Iíll be updating all my catalogs to make sure i do not make the same mistake again
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI
    Goldwagen Delarey ( we courier) [email protected]
    Delarey racing developments and CNC machining [email protected]

Morning All,
    I am th every proud owner of a 2012 V6 Tdi with 44500km on the clock (The Green Monster). This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned including my much loved Audi. The only thing my Treg dont have is the Air suspension but as I have mentioned previously, I dont intend doing much off-roading. Only the occassional drive over some Dunes in December.
    I have towed my Penta around a couple of times now and the only thing I can say is: WOW!! Absolutly no problems at all. The best towing vehicle ever!
    As far as fuel consumption is concerned, i would have to say it is around 9 to 9.5 km/l. This is a combined cycle (open road and town). On my trips down to the Free State where it has been only pen road, I managed around 10.7km/l (at +-132km/h).

My only dilemma is what do I replace it with in a couple of years..... a new Treg or a Porche Cayanne....
    Regards
    Johan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8094.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	144721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8098.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	144722  

Quote Originally Posted by J&M View Post
    Morning All,
    I am the every proud owner of a 2012 V6 Tdi with 44500km
    That's a lot of driving in 4 months. phew

My only dilemma is what do I replace it with in a couple of years..... a new Treg or a Porche Cayanne....
    Regards
    Johan
    tough decision
    2006 T5 4Motion 174HP TDI Seikel Dakar STOLEN IN KALK BAY

2013 T5 4Motion 180HP TDI Seikel Desert HD Wearing bush stripes with pride
    A6 3.0 Multitronic 225HP

Quote Originally Posted by parafanaylya View Post
    That's a lot of driving in 4 months. phew

tough decision
    Think Johan meant to say 2009 or 2010 Touareg. 2011 & 2012 the 'old' shape Treg was no longer available... wish mine was still such a youngster.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Very Sorry ...... it's a 2010 model....
    Last edited by J&M; 2012/05/09 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Wrong text

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisLab View Post
    Hi Southern Sky007 and Trevor.
    Welcome to the Treg Club.
    Unfortunately as far as I can gather it is true that you can only get the oil from the dealers.

Chris.
    Surpirise!!.. At the Total at TOUWSRIVER..of all places.. They stock the 505.01
    oil on the forecourt. In fact they had a variety of oils seemingly to cover the many different modern vehicles (and old). So maybe other Total stations are starting to do likewise.

That's one thing about you Treg guys you rave about your cars
    BUT you are right: they are great cars
    Kloppie thanks for the tip, I will certainly check into this.

Chris.

It seems there is about 17 Treg owners who read the threads on the forum from time to time.

Chris

I think most of the Treg's were sold as comfortable SUV's and not offroad vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think most of the Treg's were sold as comfortable SUV's and not offroad vehicles.
    Mores the pity as the previous gen Egg's all had low range and centre diff lock with very capable traction control. They are actually quite brilliant offroad. Air suspension and an extra rear axle locker were optional but improved things even further.
    )
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2012/05/13 at 05:28 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy

Mores the pity as the previous gen Egg's all had low range and centre diff lock with very capable traction control. They are actually quite brilliant offroad. Air suspension and an extra rear axle locker were optional but improved things even further.
    )
    The new treg v6 diesel can have a low range box if you specify it.

Sent via iPad & Forum Runner

Yes Dirk you are right; they are MOST comfortable SUV'S but mine has got low range with centre difflock and air suspension and goes anywhere that Discos, Fortuners and Pajeros would go.
    I would not be so audacious as to presume it can compete with Defenders and Jeeps and others with double lockers etc.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/05/13 at 07:05 PM.

This is true only when refering to the new Touaregs (excl. the new V6 TDI with off road package) and the R models. The rest is as capable as most other 4x4's - even better than some reputable 4x4's. As Chris says - the exception is only (maybe) those with front and rear lockers. It certainly is more versatile, comfortable and economical than most. Highly underrated vehicle here in SA - just like the Synchros were in their days.
    Last edited by Vossie; 2012/05/13 at 10:07 PM.
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

OK sorry I only read this now. But now we are 18 touareg owners on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4tjie View Post
    OK sorry I only read this now. But now we are 18 touareg owners on the forum.
    Hi 4x4tjie;
    Thanks, quiet a few of us in Pretoria and more especially in Gauteng.

Chris.

I've had my Treg for nearly a year now and the last 6 months has been terrible. Spent nearly 60k on the car thus far. Its a 2007, V6 with 115000km on the clock. Latest problem is the manifold (see earlier thread/post today).

Fuel economy also terrible, if I'm lucky I get about 6km per L on the open road. Despite all the problems I absolutely love the car, but at this stage I'm seriously considering selling and moving on.

Land Rover Discovery 4 SE

Quote Originally Posted by Quintinwie View Post
    I've had my Treg for nearly a year now and the last 6 months has been terrible. Spent nearly 60k on the car thus far. Its a 2007, V6 with 115000km on the clock. Latest problem is the manifold (see earlier thread/post today).

Fuel economy also terrible, if I'm lucky I get about 6km per L on the open road. Despite all the problems I absolutely love the car, but at this stage I'm seriously considering selling and moving on.
    Quitinwie,

Hi baie jammer om van jou probleme te hoor. Dit is die eerste Treg wat ek van hoor met soveel probleme( en dit op 115000km)
    Sorry to hear about all your problems. It is the first Treg hat I hear about with so many problems(and that at 115000km)
    I would suggest that you contact 4x4tjie he seems to know these cars and also seems willing to help.
    My car has got 92000km on the clock and I am considering in buying an extended guarantee and I think after this I am convinced to buy one.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/05/19 at 08:43 AM.

Page 4 of 530 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 254 504 ... LastLast