Treg Owners - Page 2

Page 2 of 530 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 252 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Treg Owners

Quote Originally Posted by zx14 View Post
    Hi all,

I'll tell you on Tuesday if I have one!

Dealer just dropped off a Treg for me to use this weekend, got a game lodge booked, so between game drive/breakfast and game drive/dinner, should have some time to play and test.

SWAMBO just took it it full the tank and seems to be in love!

Have a great weekend and I will report back on Tuesday.

Enjoy the weekend and I am prepared to bet that you will sign on the dotted line.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/04/26 at 04:31 PM.

Took the drive to Kimberley yesterday and boy was I impressed with the smooth and comfortable drive. And the power that is always on offer! Had the speedo cruise on 125km/h and just sat back enjoyed the drive. Had a bit of an oil issue though. The dealer i bought it from said they did the last service according to VW specs but could not tell me what oil they put in. So I had them drain the oil and put in new oil. Here's the frustrating part though....I know that the technical data says 507.00 spec but the service person at VW McCarthy in Pretoria promised me that the spec was 505.01 and so we put Castrol Magnatec in. I averaged about 10.3km/l up to about 100km from Kimberley...then it gradually dropped to eventually 9.9. Has the oil got something to do with it? I have also read on this and other websites that cars fitted with a DPF should only use 507 spec oil?
    2011 RRS HSE Lux
    2002 Disco 2 Td5 GS A/T

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skippr For This Useful Post:

Hi Chris,

I only got my hands on the vehicle not too long ago but looking at a printout of the history I got from the stealers. Except wear and tear there is not much:

124800km - MEC throttle body
    145200km - Noise at Alternator
    175600km - Stabilizer bushes.
    224000km - Renewed retention pipe (related to my other oil leak post)

Other than that to my knowledge there is not much else that went wrong with the vehicle.

Treg is almost as old as I am. 2004 model R5Tdi with 208000km on the clock.Must admit it cost me the last 6 months, but I will keep on repairing and not sell.When it runs,what a pleasure.Long trips up to 12km/l.Fantastic tow vehicle.The only modification I made was the tow hitch.Cut the ball of and fix a 6 hole plate to take care of the hight differences between caravan and trailer.Only one more problem I am strugling with,but determined to solve it.

Hope my post is not too far OT since I don't own a Touareg ......

I have a bit of a dilemma - need to change cars in order to maintain my tax benefit I am seriously looking at the Cayenne... I started off looking at the baseline V6 (same engine as the TReg) @ R665 000 - no extras. Did a bit of reading on the Porsche forums and the guys reckon it is definately worth the while to pay the extra for the Cayenne S (R 768 000) - no extras. I am also (almost) at the point of signing on the dotted line and pay my deposit for this one but a couple of things are holding me back...

1. I understand Cayenne/Treg is built on the same platform - wonder how much different their basics are in reality? I know when it comes to engine variants and specs there are enormous differences.
    2. I have to wait several months for the car to be specifically built for my specs so I am going to loose out on the tax benefit this year if I have to wait so long for the Cayenne. So.... I have openend the VW website this morning starting to look at the baseline TReg. (I don't look at the diesel models since I am a bit of a petrolhead). Wanted to go and see this morning if there are any on the floor but phones just ring at VW Silverlakes....public holiday...will phone tomorrow to see if they have any on the floor to look at. Cost of baseline Treg V6 in the order of R 600 000 with all the extras I want.

My mind is jumping around

Hi Snap and Treg,

Thanks for your replies. It seems that they don't give to many problems.

I have "heard" from the dealers of cars that have done over 300,000 km without any problems. I suppose it is up to you and how you look after your car.
    Snap I don't think your car has got a DPF filter. My 2008 has not got one.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Treg View Post
    Treg is almost as old as I am. 2004 model R5Tdi with 208000km on the clock.Must admit it cost me the last 6 months, but I will keep on repairing and not sell.When it runs,what a pleasure.Long trips up to 12km/l.Fantastic tow vehicle.The only modification I made was the tow hitch.Cut the ball of and fix a 6 hole plate to take care of the hight differences between caravan and trailer.Only one more problem I am strugling with,but determined to solve it.
    I beg to differ.

Life only starts a 70

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Agteros View Post
    Hope my post is not too far OT since I don't own a Touareg ......

I have a bit of a dilemma - need to change cars in order to maintain my tax benefit I am seriously looking at the Cayenne... I started off looking at the baseline V6 (same engine as the TReg) @ R665 000 - no extras. Did a bit of reading on the Porsche forums and the guys reckon it is definately worth the while to pay the extra for the Cayenne S (R 768 000) - no extras. I am also (almost) at the point of signing on the dotted line and pay my deposit for this one but a couple of things are holding me back...

1. I understand Cayenne/Treg is built on the same platform - wonder how much different their basics are in reality? I know when it comes to engine variants and specs there are enormous differences.
    2. I have to wait several months for the car to be specifically built for my specs so I am going to loose out on the tax benefit this year if I have to wait so long for the Cayenne. So.... I have openend the VW website this morning starting to look at the baseline TReg. (I don't look at the diesel models since I am a bit of a petrolhead). Wanted to go and see this morning if there are any on the floor but phones just ring at VW Silverlakes....public holiday...will phone tomorrow to see if they have any on the floor to look at. Cost of baseline Treg V6 in the order of R 600 000 with all the extras I want.

My mind is jumping around
    I know this is like asking a Blue Bull to support the Lions, but do yourself a HUGE favour and take the Treg V6 diesel for a drive - spesifically one with off road package (air suspension etc)! You WILL be surprised and might just have a change in mindset! Serious!
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vossie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Vossie View Post
    I know this is like asking a Blue Bull to support the Lions, but do yourself a HUGE favour and take the Treg V6 diesel for a drive - spesifically one with off road package (air suspension etc)! You WILL be surprised and might just have a change in mindset! Serious!
    Will do so - it is not that I dislike diesels "per se'" - just that I dislike the potential problems associated with our poor diesel

Will do so - it is not that I dislike diesels "per se'" - just that I dislike the potential problems associated with our poor diesel
    I hear you, but be assured - VWs handles the local diesel very well. Just look at their range of diesel vehicles - and they are all doing well with the local concoctions!
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Vossie For This Useful Post:

Please follow Vossies advice. I promise you you wont be sorry.

Chris.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisLab For This Useful Post:

At least you can spec a new V6 Treg with the Terrain Tech package which gives you low range and a rear difflock. This option is NOT available on the current Cayenne

Quattro
    2005 Touareg V10
    2006 BMW M5
    2017 Invader Duo
    2007 Noble Ferrari P4 replica
    2013 High Spec TRD Toyota 86

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quattro For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Skippr
    Took the drive to Kimberley yesterday and boy was I impressed with the smooth and comfortable drive. And the power that is always on offer! Had the speedo cruise on 125km/h and just sat back enjoyed the drive. Had a bit of an oil issue though. The dealer i bought it from said they did the last service according to VW specs but could not tell me what oil they put in. So I had them drain the oil and put in new oil. Here's the frustrating part though....I know that the technical data says 507.00 spec but the service person at VW McCarthy in Pretoria promised me that the spec was 505.01 and so we put Castrol Magnatec in. I averaged about 10.3km/l up to about 100km from Kimberley...then it gradually dropped to eventually 9.9. Has the oil got something to do with it? I have also read on this and other websites that cars fitted with a DPF should only use 507 spec oil?
    As yours is a 2007, I'm very certain it does not have the dpf, i.e. 505.01 is the correct oil. With your consumption increasing on your journey, probably has to do with gradients, traffic and head wind factors. I drove to Kruger this AM - 3 hours, i.e averaged 130, consumption was 11l to 100km = aprox. 9 km/ l. Either way your consumption was very good.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper

* consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    As yours is a 2007, I'm very certain it does not have the dpf, i.e. 505.01 is the correct oil. With your consumption increasing on your journey, probably has to do with gradients, traffic and head wind factors. I drove to Kruger this AM - 3 hours, i.e averaged 130, consumption was 11l to 100km = aprox. 9 km/ l. Either way your consumption was very good.
    Dieter,

Please keep your nose out of the forum while you are in the game reserve; you can not have the best of both worlds.

Enjoy; we are there on the 4th of May.

Chris.

Originally posted by Kortgat
    As yours is a 2007, I'm very certain it does not have the dpf, i.e. 505.01 is the correct oil.
    I stand to be corrected but I have the face lifted version and the technical data sheet in the manual also states the required oil to be 507.00. If I'm not mistaken you also refered in one of your posts to yours being a 2007 and having the DPF?
    2011 RRS HSE Lux
    2002 Disco 2 Td5 GS A/T

Quote Originally Posted by Skippr View Post
    I stand to be corrected but I have the face lifted version and the technical data sheet in the manual also states the required oil to be 507.00. If I'm not mistaken you also refered in one of your posts to yours being a 2007 and having the DPF?

Hi Skippr,

I first drove a face lifted 2007 and now a 2008 and none of them have a DPF.

I suggest you clear this out with your dealer.

Chris.

I will let you know later today whether I am a Treg owner or not... Finance approved, everything ready to go, I must just sign. 2007 V6 model with 92k on the clock. Air suspension. I am mainly buying it to tow horses with. I've read many good reports about the towing capacity of this vehicle. Looking forward to owning a "real" car - currently driving a 1.4 Polo !!
    2007 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi V6

Canon 7D, 70-200 f4 L , 50mm f1.8, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8, Canon 18-135mm IS, 1.4x TC II

I have a 2007 3.0tdi (face lift) and mine have a pdf filter on the exhaust. A cording to my VW system all the 3.0tdi and 5.0tdi versions had it (unless the Touareg have been decat and pdf removed). You can buy the oil from just about only vw at R85.00 per liter.
    2007 VW TOUAREG 3.0TDI
    Goldwagen Delarey ( we courier) [email protected]
    Delarey racing developments and CNC machining [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PAJERO View Post
    I have a 2007 3.0tdi (face lift) and mine have a pdf filter on the exhaust. A cording to my VW system all the 3.0tdi and 5.0tdi versions had it (unless the Touareg have been decat and pdf removed). You can buy the oil from just about only vw at R85.00 per liter.
    Hi Pajero,

I am NOT very tecnically or mechanically minded and I may be wrong but as far as I know a DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) comes in the fuel line and not on the exhaust.
    Once Dieter(Kortgat) is back from the game reserve I am sure he will clarify this for us.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/04/28 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippr View Post
    Skippr,

I also service my car at McCarthy Menlyn in Pretoria and they assure me that my car does not have a DPF filter and that 505.01 is the right oil for my car.

Chris.
    Last edited by ChrisLab; 2012/04/28 at 05:12 PM.

Page 2 of 530 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 252 502 ... LastLast