Bush lapa miskruier review - Page 590

Page 590 of 593 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 565 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 LastLast
Results 11,781 to 11,800 of 11846

Default Re: Bush Lapa Miskruier review

Quote Originally Posted by tvdwaltventer View Post
    Some advice from well travelled Bushlapians please. I have booked a trip through Botswana and Namibia which will last 37 days. Mainly July and August. The majority of places will be two or three nights. Should I take the tent sides with? When do I pitch what? Any other things I should consider?
    Always take the sides as we generally in unfenced areas and always handy for shade and windbreak - just swambo and myself
    Putta
    Landcruiser 105
    BL Miskruier B850

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to putta For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Bush lapa miskruier review

It is actually a question with no real answer, as we all camp different.

We take the sides with because we have spend to much time trying to shelter from wind behind a car with previous set-ups. Also in places like CKGR and Mabua, one or 2 sides does give some safety protection even if no kids are around.

No need either to take all of the sides, 2 is enough. The most frequently used one for us is the one at the fridge to keep dust and sand from the kitchen and/or shade for the fridge. We have always had wind in August in Botswana.

The other we use are the 2 shade cloth sides from Romeo. They take no space and weigh nothing. They helped a lot at Nxai pan last year when we had a hot wind pumping for 4 days and South camp is quite dusty. They caught all the dust, evident from the cloud of dust when we shook them out.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

I always take the sides along (have the space so can just as well use it), but hardly ever use it. If wind does become a problem I'd only set up one panel as a windbreaker. The only time I've set up the full tent was when standing for 3 weeks over December.
    <insert all your cars, your wife's car, your kids pram model and your underpants size here - apparently it adds value and boosts you ego>

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Also take all the sides, including the room divider, which makes the shower room if needed in remote site.

They weigh very little, can be packed very small if folded nicely.

What I like about the BL wing sides is that you use what is needed as.when it is needed. There has not been one camp that we have used them in the same manner every time.

Those few KG's vs overall weight of our BL's is nothing compared to the versatility they provide.

Grumbles
    2008 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 "Sushi the Tuna"
    2018 Baobab 4 - B1543 "Nala"

Bacon fact #18 - Bacon is Healthier than Crystal Meth!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grumbles For This Useful Post:

Some advice from well travelled Bushlapians please. I have booked a trip through Botswana and Namibia which will last 37 days. Mainly July and August. The majority of places will be two or three nights. Should I take the tent sides with? When do I pitch what? Any other things I should consider?

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    It is actually a question with no real answer, as we all camp different.
    That is the long and short of it...

I'm allergic to the side panels... They have a very special spot...in the roof of my garage.... It is not that I do not have space, I just do not like them blocking my view....en nee flip man, dit raak werk.... We only visit off the beaten track spots where we and our group are the only campers around so there is no need to hide .

I only take them out for our Storms River trip once a year. On all our other trips and weekend getaways we either use just the wing, or no wing at all. Similar to Uys, the wing is hardly ever opened during across the border trips. Big reason being we do those trips in June / July. I'm sure I will sing a different tune if I visit neighbouring countries during summer .

The side panels however, will not be part of my packing list...
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

My family camps almost exclusively in the bush, save for the rare occasion that we're in Namibia and can experience the luxury of staying at a caravan campsite. So, those side walls, specifically the 2 rear ones and the room divider for the back of the Miskruier are used frequently to give some privacy from the prying eyes of all our friends in the bush.

As others have said, they are quite light weight, can pack up under the side bed with the batteries, and stay out of the way. However, when I know that my camping trips are going to be caravan campsites, and have their own shade and bathrooms (namibia/SA), I leave them home. The space below that bed usually gets filled with goodies from Namibia or South Africa that we cannot get or pay a premium for in Angola. =)
    Last edited by Climbingnut; 2019/05/15 at 06:00 PM.
    David Killough
    2016 Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    1995 Landcruiser (UK Spec) SOLD
    Bushlapa Miskruier 321
    www.killoughfamily.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Climbingnut For This Useful Post:

I want to get some wooden blocks that I can put under the stabilisers. Any one knows where one can get such off cuts? Thanks Hannes

I want to get some wooden blocks that I can put under the stabilisers. Any one knows where one can get such off cuts? Thanks Hannes
    The easiest would be to buy one plank at a hardware store and cut the required lengths. But I'm actually looking for steel discs for this purpose. It will take up less space than wood. Any ideas?
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

I have to come clean. I haven't camped for a month and it's getting to me....
    <insert all your cars, your wife's car, your kids pram model and your underpants size here - apparently it adds value and boosts you ego>

Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    No George, make it happen

Was again at Drie Berge the weekend. We did some counting and from 1 January this year we have camped 29 nights, the van needs a rest
    Dirk Theron
    Land Cruiser 200 V8 4.6 petrol
    Land Cruiser FJ - You Beauty
    Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Auto 4x4
    BL865 Ratel4
    Life’s a yourney, enjoy the ride

I last camped at the end of January
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Timber City, BUCO, or any place that fabricates roof trusses?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    The easiest would be to buy one plank at a hardware store and cut the required lengths. But I'm actually looking for steel discs for this purpose. It will take up less space than wood. Any ideas?
    I use hi lift jack base plates. Can be used for car jack etc if need be
    https://www.outdoorwarehouse.co.za/p...e-hi-lift-jack

Landcruiser 79 Series D/Cab 4.2L Diesel
    Bush Lapa Miskruier (no: 34)

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sebastiaan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    I have cut 6mm aluminium plates into squares, lite and small!
    2017 Ford Everest
    BL Miskruier B194
    1960 DKW Universal
    1969 NSU Ro80

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joggie For This Useful Post:

Some help please. We take possession of our Baobab at the start of July. We know the Baobab comes standard with crockery for 6 but don't know what this includes. Are there coffee cups, glasses, wine glasses etc. If there are assume they are stainless steel. If these are provided how are they stored? If they aren't provided are they an optional extra? If anyone has recently purchased please be kind enough to advise. Many thanks. Martin has answered this query, sorry to trouble you all.
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2019/05/23 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Changed circumstances
    John
    2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D
    Baobab BL1715 (March 2019)
    Don't let your dreams remain dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Some help please. We take possession of our Baobab at the start of July. We know the Baobab comes standard with crockery for 6 but don't know what this includes. Are there coffee cups, glasses, wine glasses etc. If there are assume they are stainless steel. If these are provided how are they stored? If they aren't provided are they an optional extra? If anyone has recently purchased please be kind enough to advise. Many thanks. Martin has answered this query, sorry to trouble you all.
    Glad you got helped, yes almost anything can be credited if you just talk to BL before the build.

Cheers,

Grumbles

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbles For This Useful Post:

Standard is (was?) plates, bowls, small steel mugs and a couple of those S/S tumblers. We've chucked the fairly useless mugs and replaced with decent ones and added glasses and plastic cups for the kids.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

So yesterday I stared at my kitchen setup (this is the result from a lack of camping) and thought to myself the ice cream containers work perfectly well to compartmentalize, but they do look a bit on the cheap side. Took some measurements of the bottom compartment and had a maximum of 270mm(h) x 290mm (w) x 630mm (l) to play with. Most plastic containers are 300mm, but I found these square Addis 6l containers that fits nicely (250x250) and two can stack on top of each other (260mm). They're R74 at Mambo's. Bought 4 of them and the kitchen isn't just looking neater, but there's even more open space now! One on the top rack has all the spices and sauces (lidless), two others (bottom left) has all the spare food and dry foods and one has all the cleaning stuff, ziploc bags, ice bags and black bags etc).

30. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Nice George.

Yes we also went that route and it works great. Although my bins look different, same idea.

Sorry about the bad stitched pic, this is all I have.

Top row we have 3 x high containers and a dedicated Bread bin that seals proper.
    Bottom right is spare for extra drinks etc etc.
    Bottom Left has 2 x half height containers that stack, and then open space next to it for eggs, rusks etc.

What I like about these ones are they open easily one handed, stack nicely, and because of the slant design, creates tunnels at the bottom between them for things like foil, cling wrap rolls etc.

Grumbles
    Attached Images Attached Images  

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumbles For This Useful Post:

So yesterday I stared at my kitchen setup (this is the result from a lack of camping) and thought to myself the ice cream containers work perfectly well to compartmentalize, but they do look a bit on the cheap side. Took some measurements of the bottom compartment and had a maximum of 270mm(h) x 290mm (w) x 630mm (l) to play with. Most plastic containers are 300mm, but I found these square Addis 6l containers that fits nicely (250x250) and two can stack on top of each other (260mm). They're R74 at Mambo's. Bought 4 of them and the kitchen isn't just looking neater, but there's even more open space now! One on the top rack has all the spices and sauces (lidless), two others (bottom left) has all the spare food and dry foods and one has all the cleaning stuff, ziploc bags, ice bags and black bags etc).

Nee man George...waar is die fotos?
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black