Bush lapa miskruier review - Page 606

Page 606 of 608 FirstFirst ... 106 356 506 556 581 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 12149

Default Re: Bush lapa miskruier review

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    After selling our Comfortvan a couple of years ago due to not using it, we are ready to get back into caravanning. After tons of research the favourite was the Baobab but it is larger than what we need and won't go into the garage. I figured the Boskriek would be ok as we are only 3, but the Miskruier beds and roof appeals the most. Going to get final ok from the boss (wife) on Saturday, at BL. Hoping I'm making the right choice Oh and thinking of ordering it in white.... Any advice on my choice, extras etc. would be appreciated
    We all have different needs so it is not easy to make suggestions without the bigger picture. The front section on the Boskriek is rather small and I would only recommend a Boskriek for a couple, not if there is a 3rd person/child. The Miskruier is a very nice all rounder and I'm not just saying that because I have one. It is just so easy to tow and to man handle once unhooked.

The fact that it fits in a standard garage is a huge plus. The last thing you want is for your pride and joy to stand in the elements, day in and day out. To do alterations to get your van under cover or to store it away from home can turn out to be an expensive exercise. Having it offsite complicates things for those last minute decision getaways and having your setup ready to go at all times. It is just soooo much more convenient having it at home.

The standard items have changed over the years so once you have a list of the extras you are not sure about, post them here so that we can give some feedback.

As for the white option.... Daar gaan ek niks sÍ nie . I do love the grey ones though.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

..... I figured the Boskriek would be ok as we are only 3, but the Miskruier beds and roof appeals the most. Oh and thinking of ordering it in white.... Any advice on my choice, extras etc. would be appreciated
    Take it from my experience: if the person who must use the front bed is a growing child then don't go for a Boskriek. If that person is a small adult of 1.7m or less, the front bed of the Boskriek is fine. I used the front bed of our Boskriek for a while when my son got too tall. I am about 1.72 and my feet touched the side.

I like the white, saw one for the first time in real life at the Centurion branch.

As for extra's: I am not sure if it is standard nowadays, but I will definitely add the mosquito net at the rear door and a extra stabilizer on the A-frame so that the caravan does not stand on the jockey wheel. They have a tendency to slip.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/02/27 at 09:01 AM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    The front section on the Boskriek is rather small and I would only recommend a Boskriek for a couple, not if there is a 3rd person/child. The Miskruier is a very nice all rounder and I'm not just saying that because I have one. It is just so easy to tow and to man handle once unhooked.

Tank you for that piece of advice

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Take it from my experience: if the person who must use the front bed is a growing child then don't go for a Boskriek. If that person is a small adult of 1.7m or less, the front bed of the Boskriek is fine. I used the front bed of our Boskriek for a while when my son got too tall. I am about 1.72 and my feet touched the side.

And thank you again for telling me I have to spend more money

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    ....And thank you again for telling me I have to spend more money

Hey you are still a loooongg way off from her being too tall for the front bed, and I anyway don't see her turning into an Eben Etzebeth v2 like my son now has.

Maar as jou gat jeuk.......... dan gaan ons jou nie uitchat nie.

Ohh, or is there a Adelind v2 in the pipeline?
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/02/27 at 09:17 AM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Nys

Default Re: Bush Lapa Miskruier review

Quote Originally Posted by Uys Snyders View Post
    For your needs the Miskruier will be perfect. You will never regret your choice.
    Here I must agree with Uys, also front stabilizers is a must. I have just added them onto my Kewer and what a difference already.

Not sure what they come out with now, but if you going to spend a few bob extra upgrade the System solar to MPPT smart, as well as the charger. Operates Blue tooth from your phone, easy to adjust if needed.

Fridge I opted for the NL90L twin what a dream.

My 2 cents worth. O! Grey is the way to go.

Dave
    Dave

BL1942 - The Bug

It is probably unnecessary for me to also add my 2c but while I have a minute here is my comment

In the BL range they all have their place but I am a big fan of the Gogga range and for me they service just about most of the needs for anyone that wants to travel more off-road than on-road - yes the Baobab and Ratel can go through the Moremi and probably Van Zyls pass but the moment you increase weight and size this adds other requirements of the tow vehicle and the driver

For me the Gogga range is the sweet spot of having the necessary space to pack all the necessities (maybe not all the nice to haves) and still remain maneuverable and light weight enough to do the serious off-road stuff. Bigger families may require more space but for me, Swambo and the 2 boys (just about 4 and 6yrs) the Miskruier does its job well. The great thing is later in life the boys will probably move to the Rooftop tent and or ground tents depending on where we camp and when mom and me camp alone (eg. Botswana and Moz) we also used the front bed for space and storage when pitched and it worked well (only takes 60 more seconds to get the bed pitched anyway).
    2013 Toyota Hilux 3.0D4-D 4x4
    Bush Lapa 810 Miskruier
    ORRA Call Sign: X85
    Gerbers Alu Canopy
    Howlingmoon RTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hilux01 View Post
    It is probably unnecessary for me to also add my 2c but while I have a minute here is my comment

In the BL range they all have their place but I am a big fan of the Gogga range and for me they service just about most of the needs for anyone that wants to travel more off-road than on-road - yes the Baobab and Ratel can go through the Moremi and probably Van Zyls pass but the moment you increase weight and size this adds other requirements of the tow vehicle and the driver

For me the Gogga range is the sweet spot of having the necessary space to pack all the necessities (maybe not all the nice to haves) and still remain maneuverable and light weight enough to do the serious off-road stuff. Bigger families may require more space but for me, Swambo and the 2 boys (just about 4 and 6yrs) the Miskruier does its job well. The great thing is later in life the boys will probably move to the Rooftop tent and or ground tents depending on where we camp and when mom and me camp alone (eg. Botswana and Moz) we also used the front bed for space and storage when pitched and it worked well (only takes 60 more seconds to get the bed pitched anyway).
    I share your take on the Gogga range. When it is just the 2 of us on a trip, We do not even take the mattress for the front bed...in fact...we do not even open that front bed...hell...sometimes I don't even unhook the van from the tow vehicle on a quick stopover... .
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    I share your take on the Gogga range. When it is just the 2 of us on a trip, We do not even take the mattress for the front bed...in fact...we do not even open that front bed...hell...sometimes I don't even unhook the van from the tow vehicle on a quick stopover... .
    Same here.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Thanks for the replies so far. The size seems perfect for us, prefer to use the van for mostly sleeping and the tent for the rest; I thought white may be cooler than a darker colour; Thanks for the tip on the stabilizer, will definitely get that; Currently it comes with an NL90 and a solar panel thrown in; They mentioned a blanket in front to prevent stone damage - sounds good but adds over R4k - worth doing?

CAMP AND CLIMB -
    Website
    CENTURION
    012-665-2079 e-mail BELLVILLE 021-949-0039 email
    PAARDEN EILAND 021-510-8112 e-mail

Shop Securely Online at www.outdoorshop.co.za - Please contact the shops directly for fast service!

They mentioned a blanket in front to prevent stone damage - sounds good but adds over R4k - worth doing?
    It is worth it if you intend doing lots of gravel road driving. I would either way buy from Alloutdoors afterwards.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    It is worth it if you intend doing lots of gravel road driving. I would either way buy from Alloutdoors afterwards.
    Agree. The net is useless and actually caused more damage than the gravel rash on my Boskriek. I got a blanket made in Dec and it works wonders!!
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

Agree. The net is useless and actually caused more damage than the gravel rash on my Boskriek. I got a blanket made in Dec and it works wonders!!
    Jip and combine it with oversize mudflaps its a winner.
    2008 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 "Sushi the Tuna" - SOLD
    2018 Baobab 4 - B1543 "Nala"

Bacon fact #16 - Bacon is Healthier than Crystal Meth!

I thought white may be cooler than a darker colour
    Not necessarily. When set up, there is very little metal surfaces exposed to direct sun. The roof is insulated by the solar panel and the rest is ripstop canvas. In the gogga range, white with black rims and black nose cone is actually not bad . The bigger vans with HUGE white panels...that is just too much white for my taste.... Black Arctic logo stickers can only cover op so much...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kooskop For This Useful Post:

Start stir. Real Bushlapas are khaki colored. End stir.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Hah, you never camped at Madisa in December ne

In the shade, measured 38 degrees in the van. And Adelind had to sleep So Heike sat there for an hour with a 12v fan directly on her. The fan just move the hot air around

The BL's do get very, very hot in the sun
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nys For This Useful Post:

That they do.. Fortunately my days with napping kids are over.... Ek hoop ook nie ek raak oud genoeg dat ek voel dat ek middag slapies nodig het nie....

Ek slaap net saans in die wa. Deur die dag is ek maar besig of sit onder 'n boom of die wing...met iets koud.... Dis ook een van die redes dat ons Jun / Jul ons oor die grens trips doen...
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    BMW F800GS

Hah, you never camped at Madisa in December ne

In the shade, measured 38 degrees in the van. And Adelind had to sleep So Heike sat there for an hour with a 12v fan directly on her. The fan just move the hot air around

Nys stuur tog die plek wat jou nocecone cover gemaak het? daai mates sal mos op my miskruier pas?

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

The best way to keep the van cool is to get the silver flysheets for the side and front bed. The sun baking down on dark green canvas creates a 2m2 heater in the van. Imagine it's 30+ outside but you're lying in a sunbed with temps over 60' right above you. It's not fun.

The metal surfaces are well insulated to keep hot and cold out so you can select the colour you like.
    Niel
    2012 BMW F800GS
    2010 Nissan Navara 2.5 dCi 4x4
    2015 Bush Lapa Miskruier (B503)

Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Nys stuur tog die plek wat jou nocecone cover gemaak het? daai mates sal mos op my miskruier pas?
    Hein, dit was Skycore hier by die Eros lughawe. Hulle spesialiseer in vliegtuig "upholstery".
    Maar jy sal jou wa moet inbring. Die canvas skuif by die gleufies op die BL in so hulle maak dit nommerpas en die Oom sal dit nie doen sonder jou wa nie.

Hier is n mooi foto van hoe dit lyk. Dan kan mens ook die skade sien wat die net aan my wa gdoen het
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Hein, dit was Skycore hier by die Eros lughawe. Hulle spesialiseer in vliegtuig "upholstery".
    Maar jy sal jou wa moet inbring. Die canvas skuif by die gleufies op die BL in so hulle maak dit nommerpas en die Oom sal dit nie doen sonder jou wa nie.

Hier is n mooi foto van hoe dit lyk. Dan kan mens ook die skade sien wat die net aan my wa gdoen het
    Ja my net ook gebruik 1 keer en skaaf erg. Kostes plus minus? En as jy oom se naam en nr het dan gaan ek reel. Dankie

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616