PenthouseNinja's XJ Thread

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Default PenthouseNinja's XJ Thread

Yes guys, you read correctly, after much deliberation and patience I have finally sold my Isuzu. It was great and will be missed, an excellent and reliable bakkie and served me well in the 14 months I owned it.

But its time to move on to bigger and better things. I wanted power, I wanted solid axles, and I wanted practicality. At the end of all of it (and many of you know my mind has been changing more times than a baby staring at two tits), I decided to go with the XJ Cherokee.

So after almost buying quite a few different vehicles, this is the one that is currently sitting in Pretoria.

Much thanks must go to Sneaky Pete for taking the time and effort to go out and look at the Jeep on my behalf. It was much appreciated.

The next step is payment and getting it on the back of a truck and down to CT. For this I would like to thank Avk for putting me in touch with Peter Benn Motors who offer a great service and will pick the vehicle up and drop it off at my door for a paltry (not the chicken, soz Apoc )R3100.

I would also like to thank Neil (XJJ) for every time I started doubting the XJ he threw me into his just to make sure I didn't make a mistake. First time as a passenger, the second in the drivers seat. Seriously though, his input has been invaluable and greatly appreciated.

She is a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0l and she is arriving with extras of full Old Man Emu 2" suspension lift as well as the smash and grab tinted windows. There are many more things that are going to be done shortly but I will run this thread as my build thread and keep posting my progress.

Spoiler: First up a 4.5" Zone lift with quick disconnects, black steel offset rims, 31" muds. That's a modest start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00327-20110820-1352.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	135872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00433-20120228-1015.jpg 
Views:	1663 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	135873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00443-20120308-1230.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	115.7 KB 
ID:	135874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00444-20120308-1230.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	135875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00439-20120308-1228.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	135876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00441-20120308-1229.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	135877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00434-20120308-1227.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	135878  
    Last edited by PenthouseNinja; 2012/06/04 at 08:29 PM.
    Nick "Useless/King of Stuck" Sjoberg

2000 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) 4.0 litre Country
    * Zone 4.5" Lift & Nitro Shocks * D30 sleeved & trussed * D35Trussed & Chromolly shafts * BDS QD's * 31" Maxxis Trepadors * 15x8j Black A-line's * Rugged Ridge TBS * Zone Steering Damper * Cowley Branches, Maniac Freeflow & Cowley Mufflers * Maniac Hood Vents * Maniac Rocksliders* Maniac Recovery Points * Smash and Grab *

Previous: 2002 Isuzu KB 300 TDi LX 4x4 D/Cab - Phantom

Disclaimer:
    All comments and actions made by me were made hypothetically and shouldn't be accepted as fact or tried at home.

Congratulations!!!

welcome to the dark side!!!

by the way, poultry is chicken.

kind of busy for a while, but I'm sure the lads can make something funny of that..

Lol I spelled it "pultry" and got corrected to "poultry". I've definitely turned more America, my brain cells are dying!

* Zone 4.5" Lift & Nitro Shocks * D30 sleeved & trussed * D35Trussed & Chromolly shafts * BDS QD's * 31" Maxxis Trepadors * 15x8j Black A-line's * Rugged Ridge TBS * Zone Steering Damper * Cowley Branches, Maniac Freeflow & Cowley Mufflers * Maniac Hood Vents * Maniac Rocksliders* Maniac Recovery Points * Smash and Grab *

Disclaimer:
    All comments and actions made by me were made hypothetically and shouldn't be accepted as fact or tried at home.

Finally! Geeeez.

Congrats on the new ride and the Jeep side of life. You are going to love it.
    Why don't you fly up and drive down rather? Would be a great niggle check.

EDIT: The pics don't show my side though. Google mail attachment it seems.
    Last edited by Nox; 2012/03/08 at 03:41 PM.
    Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 JK
    Jeep Cherokee
    3.7 Sport KK
    Jeep Cherokee 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ

Congratulations, you have crossed over to the other side now......i am sure you will enjoy it. At least now you might be able to get rid of your title King of stuck
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by OFFROAD ADDICT View Post
    Congratulations, you have crossed over to the other side now......i am sure you will enjoy it. At least now you might be able to get rid of your title King of stuck
    I worked hard for that title, I'm not about to throw it away so easily.

Disclaimer:

Well done Nick!

Congrats! About time...
    Andre
    Mud flaps
    Sport wheels

Sorry, I saw the photos wouldn't load, I have uploaded them directly now.

Disclaimer:

Congratulations on the XJ Nick.

Very cool Jeep

Andrew...... we need to chat about that thing, for the thing, from the place. I'll give you a call on the morrow. Time to get busy

Disclaimer:

Congrats Nick. Great vehicle - now you must just learn to drive it and stop acting like an ostrich (poultry) and try to hide in a hole (dug by yourself) all the time.

Ya Know, Whenever someone talks to bad Santa about a thing for a thing I get this happy feeling that another jeep might soon get closer to being finished..

Quote Originally Posted by ThysleRoux View Post
    Congrats Nick. Great vehicle - now you must just learn to drive it and stop acting like an ostrich (poultry) and try to hide in a hole (dug by yourself) all the time.
    Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Ya Know, Whenever someone talks to bad Santa about a thing for a thing I get this happy feeling that another jeep might soon get closer to being finished..
    ..... and then you remind yourself that the very notion is absurd

Disclaimer:

Congrats, finally. For the last 50... weeks I waited eagerly every Monday morning to see which is this weeks flavour of the week.

You are going to have to learn how to drive it. It doesnt have a loud pedal, or an excelerator pedal, or a gas pedal or whatever. Only an Off/On switch. Speak to XJJ he will help you work it out.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Looks in great "nic", awesome!

Congrats Nick, Me thinks the XJ's will soon be the major force at AD on fri arvies...

'98 Patrol GL 4500 fully kitted SWB 3.8 V6 Mitsu & Toyota Prado 120 VX with a couple of mods.
    Platcar BMW Z3 2.8i / '81 Motor Guzzi LeMans Mk 3
    Swambo: '11 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDI
    Eurard on FAC : Beach driving is NOT driving dunes like those mad hatters of the southern tip side. They take a dune pick it up and put it down in another place.

Quote Originally Posted by PenthouseNinja View Post
    Andrew...... we need to chat about that thing, for the thing, from the place. I'll give you a call on the morrow. Time to get busy
    Cool, the thing, that lifts the thing, from that place where things are made, is on a big thing, floating across that wet thing, between the two big continent things.

Chat tomorrow then

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep4fun View Post
    Cool, the thing, that lifts the thing, from that place where things are made, is on a big thing, floating across that wet thing, between the two big continent things.

Chat tomorrow then
    Excellent. We have to chat because I already have some things on my thing, so we'll need to mix and match with your things.

Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by PenthouseNinja View Post
    Excellent. We have to chat because I already have some things on my thing, so we'll need to mix and match with your things.
    Okay, this just sounds a bit creepy now

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast