Serious Toy for sale anyone interested





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanked: 77

    Default Serious Toy for sale anyone interested

    anyone interested in a serious 4x4? Savoy Landrover in PE is selling a TDI 90 truckcab. it has over R150000 in mods, asking R95000 ono.
    mods i can remember seeing:
    liftkit, 315 75/16 bfg tires (forgot if a/t or mud), all the crome you can place on a landy and then some. custom indian(american) and wolf airbrush paintjob on doors. engine reworked, transfercase reworked. truck can pull a decent hill at like 130km/h

    ask some of the pe guys about it most have prolly see it on the roads over the last few years. if interested contact brett.
    83 Pickering St, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, 6045
    041 3656308

    he helped me with my landy so i figured i would return the favor by posting landy here.
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    15,700
    Thanked: 3781

    Default

    Most probably the most wellknown 90 in PE, called Lethal Landy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gordon's Bay
    Age
    50
    Posts
    28,884
    Thanked: 4378

    Default

    pics?

    oh wait.

    I don't need another toy, I don't need another toy...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediNAfrica
    anyone interested in a serious 4x4? Savoy Landrover in PE is selling a TDI 90 truckcab. it has over R150000 in mods, asking R95000 ono.
    mods i can remember seeing:
    liftkit, 315 75/16 bfg tires (forgot if a/t or mud), all the crome you can place on a landy and then some. custom indian(american) and wolf airbrush paintjob on doors. engine reworked, transfercase reworked. truck can pull a decent hill at like 130km/h

    ask some of the pe guys about it most have prolly see it on the roads over the last few years. if interested contact brett.
    83 Pickering St, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth, 6045
    041 3656308

    he helped me with my landy so i figured i would return the favor by posting landy here.
    I am interested!

    Will go have a look tomorrow...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Most probably the most wellknown 90 in PE, called Lethal Landy.
    thats the one...
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    48
    Posts
    15,700
    Thanked: 3781

    Default

    I have a whole lot of pics of it somewhere from an outing years ago.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    kinda hard to miss that one.....
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ladysmith
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanked: 319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse
    pics?

    oh wait.

    I don't need another toy, I don't need another toy...

    So step aside pops, I could quite happily do with a toy
    Office Johnny

    2008 Triton CC 3.5V6 4x2 - Sold
    2007 Triton DC 2.5DiD 4x4 - Sold
    2007 Pajero GLS 3.2DiD - Sold


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    63
    Posts
    10,211
    Thanked: 2860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JediNAfrica View Post
    all the crome you can place on a landy and then some. custom indian(american) and wolf airbrush paintjob on doors.
    Ouch. Someone should be prosecuted for crimes against Land Rovers!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    i heard the paintjob on the doors breaks down to R8000/door
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jeffrey's Bay
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanked: 9453

    Default

    Dirk, did you find those pics?

    Would really like to see what this thing looks like!
    Anton



    "At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." - Ansel Adams

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hunters Close, Port Elizabeth
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanked: 77

    Default

    found a couple pics of Lethal Landy. the rear canopy is gone and a rollbar setup replaces it now plus where the rear tailgate would be is a sheet of alum. with a wench installed in it for reverse wenching.
    pics can be seen on this link
    http://www.zantusdesign.co.za/galler...8938&g2_page=2
    Last edited by JediNAfrica; 2012/02/10 at 09:22 PM.
    Luke aka Jedi

    1954 Landy Rover Series 1 86"- Rambling Rose
    Best company slogan: Cherrybomb performance exhaust, Disturbing the peace since 1968



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    62
    Posts
    966
    Thanked: 26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    pics?

    oh wait.

    I don't need another toy, I don't need another toy...

    Quote Originally Posted by petermoffat View Post
    So step aside pops, I could quite happily do with a toy
    Apoc, think we need to take the New Jeep for a ride up to Natal to sort this "snotnose" Kid out ...... "Pops" indeed

    '98 Patrol GL 4500 fully kitted SWB 3.8 V6 Mitsu & Toyota Prado 120 VX with a couple of mods.
    Platcar BMW Z3 2.8i / '81 Motor Guzzi LeMans Mk 3
    Swambo: '11 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2CRDI
    Eurard on FAC : Beach driving is NOT driving dunes like those mad hatters of the southern tip side. They take a dune pick it up and put it down in another place.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ladysmith
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,437
    Thanked: 319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tunja

    Apoc, think we need to take the New Jeep for a ride up to Natal to sort this "snotnose" Kid out ...... "Pops" indeed
    Catch me if you can!
    Office Johnny

    2008 Triton CC 3.5V6 4x2 - Sold
    2007 Triton DC 2.5DiD 4x4 - Sold
    2007 Pajero GLS 3.2DiD - Sold


Similar Threads

  1. How many guys here has a platkar toy project?
    By Henris in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 2010/08/21, 07:54 AM
  2. UK weekend toy?
    By Mortiis in forum Vehicle & Technical Chat - General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009/11/24, 11:04 PM
  3. Ultimate TOY
    By sapper in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009/10/21, 03:59 PM
  4. Toy Run
    By TopHilux Hilton in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2006/11/27, 06:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •