Speedo not working

Default Speedo not working

I donít know if this has been discussed before, I have a 98 Hardbody, the problem is that at times the speedo doesnít work, the problem is clearly electrical.

When the gearbox was overhauled I had them check the electronic sender unit, ok. I was not present when the next test was performed, but was assured that the dash receives the signal.

I can be driving at any speed on a smooth tar road, when suddenly the speedo needle either comes to life, or dies, none of the other instruments are defective or effected.

Anyone with a quick solution

AB

AB, I noticed that you did not get a reply or a answer to your problem..
    Did you get it sorted out and what was the outcome ?
    I wanted to mention that you should register on the nissan4x4 forum as the chaps there are very helpful as well ...
    here is the link www.nissan4x4.co.za

The first thing I would do is lie underneath the vehicle and look at all the wires going to the gearbox....there are a few. I had a Sani so I THINK the gearboxes are similar, if not, the same. They can pop off, become loose etc. Check that they're not dangling on your exhaust, you don't want that happening.
    Nissan Patrol 4500 GRX Iron Man susp.<br>Ford Fiesta 1.6 Ambient "Noddy"<br>Scott CR1 Carbon road bike<br>Intense 5.5FRO mountain bike; HANDCRAFTED IN CALIFORNIA -Fox susp. - 5.5" travel rear - 5" travel front<br>Soon to become a Natalian.<br> KTM640 Adventure R

When I had the gearbox overhauled, the mech tested the pickup, which from what i understand is like a dynamo. They also put in another sensor / dynamo, with the same results.

Then according to the workshop owner, they had the wiring tested to behind the speedo.

Unfortunately at the moment I dont have the time to give this the propper attention.

Was hoping for a quick fix.
    AB