Arrow Looking for spare Camping Gaz / Cadac C206 butane cartridge washers

Hi everyone!

I have several gas appliances (a lantern, a backpack stove, even a blow torch) that all take the Camping Gaz / Cadac C206 pierceable butane cartridges. You know the type: when you fit the gas cartridge (it's a tin, really) into the appliance and screw down the appliance's top, a pin pierces the cartridge to open it, while a rubber washer provides a seal around the opening at the same time.

My backpack gas gadgets are getting a bit long in the tooth but they still work 100% perfectly, except that the rubber washers have perished to the point where the rubber has hardened up and no longer provides a proper seal, so that after a few days the cartridge is empty; the has has leaked away.

Unfortunately no-one seems to stock these washers! I've tried anywhere, from outdoor suppliers to certified (or at least certifiable) gas appliance mongers, but no luck.

Does anyone know where I can get these washers in South Africa? The photo below shows the washer (indicated) on my old Camping Gaz Bleuet lantern.

Name:  GasWasher.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  76.8 KB

All suggestions would be appreciated!!

// FvW

Default Re: Looking for spare Camping Gaz / Cadac C206 butane cartridge washers

Won't a normal oil resistant rubber washer work.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

What about cutting a washer from 3 or 4mm nitrile rubber from Pro Auto Rubber or another supplier?
    Current - 2009 Mazda BT50 3.0CRDi 4x4 d/c
    Previous - 2005 Ranger 2.5 tdi 4x2 d/c (277 422km)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Won't a normal oil resistant rubber washer work.
    Possibly, provided it is exactly the correct shape and size. Which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiceman View Post
    What about cutting a washer from 3 or 4mm nitrile rubber from Pro Auto Rubber or another supplier?
    The challenge would be to cut it accurately enough. Even a small imperfection will result in leaks.

In Cape Town, Woodstock Gas https://woodstockgas.co.za/ has a big drawer full of random washers, and they also stock the Bluet and Camping Gaz range. You can also try Blue Flame in Parow https://www.blueflame2.co.za/
    Between the two of them, I usually find the gas spares I need, including Woodstock Gas refurbishing an ancient SADF suitcase-style Cadac gas stove for me, best camping stove I've ever had.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Weaver For This Useful Post:

Also looking for one of those washers.
    Pieter Kemp.
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow