CKGR to Livingston via Nxai Pan

Default CKGR to Livingston via Nxai Pan

I've given myself 2 days, 1 night to get from CKGR (Kori) to Livingston and thought about overnighting at Nxai Pan. Does anyone know how long it will take me from CKGR to Nxai and from Nxai to Livingston? Any suggestions on routes and road conditions would be appreciated? Thanks

Hi, From Kori via Rakops to Nxai Pan should take about 5-6hrs if the roads are all dry. Nxai Pan to Livingstone is about 6 - 7 hours.

Thanks Botswanakurt. What route do you suggest I take from Nxai to Livingston - via Nata? There is a "road" on google maps which seems more direct from Nxai to Kasane. Do you know what the road from Nata to Kasane is like these days? Should I go on the ferry to Zambia or go through Zim?

Spiko, the "road" direct from Nxai to Kasane is possibly a cut-line and not a "road" at all I think. Best to go via Nata on the tar. Will you be crossing into Zambia on the Kazangula ferry? This might take quite a while too...

loosetentpegs Guest

Hi Spiko, just to say was in Nxai Pan 5 days ago and what an epic time we had there. There is no one around so the park is yours, just a couple doing a month of filming who have seen some great sightings so far. We had herds of game and some nice lions. Road conditions along the road from Maun side all the way through to Nata were fantastic, no police just cruise... If you need any info on Nxai just shout but I am presuming you have been there before and know it...

Cheers

Going to Livingstone from Kasane is 'nicer' through Zimbabwe. The ferry crossing to Zambia is a bit of a nightmare. But, if you go via Zimbabwe you will have to pay border fees into Zim as well as Zam - it is a bit of an extravagance. Grit your teeth and come over the ferry. On the boat you will see a notice board with a list of requirements at the border post - where to go and what to do. Just follow those instructions and you will get through ... eventually. It's not that bad ... just smile ...

.. If you need any info on Nxai just shout but I am presuming you have been there before and know it...
    Cheers[/QUOTE]
    Loosetentpegs.. I am considering going into Nxai pan latter part March. Do I need to book or can I just arrive. What else do I need to know about Nxai. Plan to stay over say 2 nights