Default Stolen Boat - Please be on the Look out!

Hi Everyone.
    My father in law's ski boat has been stolen right out of his yard on Friday in the East Rand Area, while he was at work. If anyone sees this boat around, please let us know. He is willing to pay a huge reward if he can recover his boat.
    As it was not on his insurance yet, it is quite a loss.
    It is a Sun Prince Ski Boat, Bowrider, with a Mariner 150Hp motor. The hull has some scuff marks on top, when it was transported with the boat cover, and the interior has seen a bit of sun.
    We have all seen the power of the internet, and the power of this forum before. And it only take one person to spot it somewhere!!
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2829.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	128996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2987.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	264.0 KB 
ID:	128997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4001.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	248.5 KB 
ID:	128998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4546.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	128999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7658.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	129000   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8188.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	129001  
    If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense.

Eyes peeled in Cape Town, hope you find it!
    Defender 90 2.8i

NEVER park anything close to a Toyota! ... just kidding.

Seriously a boat, no way it's not like this can be driven anywhere. I have a feeling it has already been resprayed, if not you are bound to find this on a lake somewhere!

Default will look out

I am in the market for a rubber duck ,as i go along will look out aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsup View Post
    I am in the market for a rubber duck ,as i go along will look out aswell.
    That boat is probably in Shokwe in Moz. Just the otherside of Massingir dam through the Letaba border post. You will fins hundred of jetski's and quad bikes there as well. There is a syndicate operating in gauteng very sophisticated. White people operating as a family. My BIL nearly lost his boat in a con trick. If they can't con you they just steal it.
    My advice is to get in touch with Interpol as they are very active in the neighbouring countries, give them your details and the motor serial no.
    You just might be lucky.
    Sorry for the loss
    Take care

Thanks to everyone that is on the look out !

tgwinduna: You are the second person to tell me that the boat is already in Moz via the handy work of a syndicate.

The people that stole your boat will not be difficult to spot. Just look out for scum. I believe they will have nothing more than sh*t and misery in their lives going forward. Bzzzzzzt wrgggggth zap zap. They now have the mockers on them.

Default Junkmail and Gumtree

You just keep on watching the Junkmail and Gumtree. Somewhere someone is busy working on that boat right now. After a week or so, it will look different. You will have to act quick.

I will pop around two boat shops here by us tomorrow to check their workshops where they repair and rebuild the boats.

You never know

O, maybe you should leave some contact details on here?

Renier
    Last edited by Mitsu Bushy; 2012/01/23 at 07:11 PM.
    "If you can park your car and NOT turn around to look at it as you walk away, you haven't bought the right car"

Fancy Nancy - 2009 Pajero 3.8 Liter 24 Valve V6 SOHC MIVEC ECI- Multi Engine 6G75 with 184Kw & 329 Nm.
    Topless Tersia - 96 J-Top SWB 3.0 V6 Pajero. Restoration 99% completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurard View Post
    NEVER park anything close to a Toyota! ... just kidding.
    Seriously a boat, no way it's not like this can be driven anywhere. I have a feeling it has already been resprayed, if not you are bound to find this on a lake somewhere!
    With all the rain up north, you can probably "drive" it up the street.............

Seriously, I hope you find it soon.

disgusting
    Training: 4x4, bush mechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.
    COMBAT19: Large scale fogging and decontamination
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Quote Originally Posted by Renier.deJongh View Post
    You just keep on watching the Junkmail and Gumtree. Somewhere someone is busy working on that boat right now. After a week or so, it will look different. You will have to act quick.
    I will pop around two boat shops here by us tomorrow to check their workshops where they repair and rebuild the boats.
    You never know
    O, maybe you should leave some contact details on here?
    Renier

Here is my tel: 082 7l9 9434

Default No sign

I went to the boat shops around here and there were no sign of that boat. But I will keep looking around though. When I go to the dam I will keep a eye on the boats there.

My friend at the boat shop told me that boats and jetskis are getting stolen very often now days and the sad news is that you never trace them as they change the boat to another trailer or/and remove any identification in no time. Apparently the engine numbers on a Mercury engine is a "stick on" and can be changed without any hazzles.

Renier
    "If you can park your car and NOT turn around to look at it as you walk away, you haven't bought the right car"

Fancy Nancy - 2009 Pajero 3.8 Liter 24 Valve V6 SOHC MIVEC ECI- Multi Engine 6G75 with 184Kw & 329 Nm.
    Topless Tersia - 96 J-Top SWB 3.0 V6 Pajero. Restoration 99% completed.

Netstar for the boat?

Its the same oaks who steal quads , Jet ski's ,and Off road bikes.

Bloody agents

My jetski was stolen (2010).... Smiles (on the forum) Jetski has been stolen (2010)...

But let me quickly tell you this story....

Friday (10/02/2012), we were visiting somebody in Krugersdorp...

We were standing in the driveway greeting the people, when this guy came down the road and lost his boat... Boat unhitched and went into pavement...

This guy could not re-hook that boat fast enough and off he went... I then noticed that he did not even lift up the jockey wheel... IMMEDIATLY I KNEW this boat was just stolen...

I asked my friend to hurry up with greeting his parents, so that we can GO !! After about a min, we left to see if we can find the boat... In the mean time, the boat un-hitched probably another 3~4 times... So we found the boat !!

But we did not want to confront the guy, because we did not know weather he has a firearm or not... We decided to circle around the block and phone the cops...

Just around the corner, we get a police van... Explained the situation, but they couldn't help, cause they were on their way to another situation...

Halfway around the block, we came across the so called situation... about 8 police vehicles needed to catch two robbers ? I then got out of the vehicle and quickly tried to convince one of the guys to follow us, cause they don't need all the people at this specifiec scene...

So of we went... got to the boat, and this guy again tries to hook the boat... (he previously fleed, cause he heard all the police sirens, but the sirens were meant for the house robbery)...

So this guy sees us again (probably for the 3rd time now), so he gets nervous and off he drives again... and the police.... NOT BEHIND US as they promised...

Probably 30 seconds later, the police van appears... I got out of the vehicle... QUICKLY gave details to the police (description of vehicle and driver) and told them that the guy JUST left the scene arounf that corner...

Of the police van goes...

So we circle a few times again to see if we can't find the guy (all this time the boat is practically in the middle of the street)...

Again we just heard siren and see police vehicles scattered into a direction...

We decide to leave, but before we did, we spoke to somebody that came out of their house... He said he does not know what is going on, but ADT is on their way... So I ask him to make sure that ADT waits at the boat until the police arives...

We had to go (other commitments back in Pta)...

After about 30mins... My friend's dad (from the house in Krugersdorp) phones and said that the police came and asked what he saw... They had the white man (who tried to steal the boat) loaded in the back of the van....

YIPEEEEEEEEE... They caught him !!!

If only this guy knew how to properly hitch a trailer, he would have been gone !! The trailer did have some damage though (because it un-hitched about 4~5 times during travel)... But luckely the boat is fine !!
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 Auto Diesel

Lynx Bashplate
    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box

Nice one Sinwolf!

It seems like this is happening a lot at the moment. Just read of another boat stolen in Benoni. Trailer chained securely and stored behind locked security gates. Unfortunately it seems like an organised syndicate so not much chance of spotting it at your local pond with a quick respray.

My Jetski was also stolen by white people... Definitely a syndicate !!

Problem is that your boat has no registration papers like a vehicle (except for the trailer, but that can be swoped with other boats or numbers can be removed and sold "with unregistered trailer")....
    2017 Mitsubishi Triton 2.4 D/C 4X4 Auto Diesel

Lynx Bashplate
    DIY Drawer system
    DIY Drop Fridge Slide
    My ULTIMATE dual battery box