Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Its illegal - read your licence disc.

Nelspruit (Mbombela)
    2009 Triton 2.5 DiD 4x4 - (EGR blanked off and DPF ("CAT") removed - )
    Echo 1 Trailer & Howling Moon Trailer Tent
    VHF - 4x4Com - 1047 / 29 Mhz - ZRB 4759

Guys, just a word of advice: stay far away from Rui at Rapid Mate. I paid him R8,000 to overhaul the motor on my Pajero (3l 1997 model) last year and I have had issues ever since. It's been using water and eventually I decided to strip the engine down last week. I can clearly see that they used the old gaskets when assembling the motor. They then just used silicone where the gaskets did not seal properly. I can move three of the pistons sideways with my hand which means that they never even replaced the rings on the motor. And there is a major leak on the crack seal.

It looks like the only work they actually did was to replace the head gaskets. Obviously he will never get any business from me again.
    Last edited by Slow Ranger; 2011/06/16 at 08:00 PM. Reason: I forgot to mention but I did take the car back to him on two occasions to have the water leaks sorted out but to no availe
    Charl
    Pajero 4 LWB

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat (Theodore Roosevelt)

Default mech

extremely great service honest etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	terry.jpg 
Views:	2117 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	101327  

Default Mr Mitsubishi Namibia

Don't know anybody that knows more about Pajero's than this guy, he really knows what he's doing.

Marco's Auto Clinic (Prosperita, Windhoek)
    Tel: 061 218780
    +26461218780 (if dailing from SA num etc)
    Walter aka "Meerkat"
    D40 Datsun V6
    130 Puma

Namboyz

Default Urgent help please

Can anyone suggest a mitsu guy in the Vaal Triangle. My pajeros engine light came on, would not rev, lots of smoke and then stalls. I had to leave it next to the road. Waiting for a buddy to bring his piggy - back so I can get it home...... Please I need numbers urgently as my leave starts tomorrow. Thanks.
    Naude
    2001 3.2DiD Pajero GLS LWB - (SOLD) 2006 3.0 D4D 4x4 Fortuner - (SOLD)
    2009 Isuzu KB 300 D-Teq 4x4 D/C
    When I die, I want to skid sideways into my grave, shouting " Now thats what I call a ride!!!!"

Cooch if you will allow us to respond to you.I am Rui's partner in Rapid Mate.You are obviously unhappy and thats not what we want.We would really appreciate it if you come back to us with your concerns so we can resolve them amicably instead of our good name being slandered on a public forum.We are not in the business of ripping our clients off off but giving them the best service we can.You mentioned R8000.00 for an engine overhaul? i can assure you that an engine overhaul will never be that price but far more.We really dont want to get into a slinging match here so please make contact with us so we can resolve your concerns ASAP.We are in new premises in Jet Park, no 10 Patrick road. You are most welcome to pop into the workshop or give us a call. My number is 0834434561.RegardsNeil
    2001 Hilux Raider 4x4 2.7 DC
    2006 Prado 120 VX 4.0l V6
    Landcruiser 105 4.5 efi
    Mitsu Pajero 3.2 DID Gls
    Datsun 280ZX T TOP 2+2

Default soleniod for 4x4

Hallo
    ek het 'n 2000 model 3L 4x4.
    die soleniod voor onder die airfilter.
    gee probleme. die groen 4x4 liggie op die paneel bly vlikker. dus een van die soleniods werk nie.
    waar kan ek kry en wat kos dit.
    Dankie johan

Agente, ek dink dit kos by die R900
    2005 Isuzu KB300 D/C Auto
    2014 Isuzu Kb300 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by HannesvZ View Post
    Its illegal - read your licence disc.
    One of those illogic laws - you can put tools behind you in the clubcab, but if it is human, it must go to the load-bay....

Default Best dealer in JHB?

Sandton or Midrand?

Been reading many bad comments on Sandton...

coltboy007 Guest

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tonton View Post
    One of those illogic laws - you can put tools behind you in the clubcab, but if it is human, it must go to the load-bay....
    I cant agree more! i have a custom seat fitted with safetybelts in my clubbie, its actually very similar to a double cab space wise. My opinion is just that, by looking at "this" space in my vehicle, considering the roller bar position right behind it......its pretty much the safest place to be during an accident??

e-car, Jaco - Diesel Mechanic
    No 59 Third Ave, Linden, Randburg
    Telephone: 011 782 2448
    Manager: Vernon Bresler
    I have to mention these guys for getting, what is to date the best vehicle service ever.
    All I wanted was an Oil change, Oil Filter, Air Filter and Diesel Filter service. (That' it! - nothing else, no adjustments, no other yadayada)
    This is what Mitsubishi quoted R2400.00 for. As the vehicle is now out of warranty plan, I decided it was time for a change (Very unhappy with Mitsubishi for a long while now).
    What I got from e-car was way beyond expectation.
    All consumables were replaced with original Mit's parts. But Jaco went further to do the following -Remove all wheels, inspect and adjust rear drums, adjust load sensor, inspect front discs and calipers, adjust handbrake, adjust throttle linkage, grease all grease nipples, propshaft play and grease, diff oil, transmission oil, power steering, you name it. They even flushed the radiator and filled with anti freeze. Folks this was AA inspection list treatment. Every additional work item was quoted and agreed upon. Vehicle returned immaculate.
    The price - R2400.00. The result - Probably the first decent service the vehicle has ever had. The Vehicle - Performs like a beast. The Owner - Chuffed as Chips
    Vernon and Team - A big thank-you.
    PS. VSB installed an anti-hijacking system when vehicle was new and has proven it's worth. Vehicle has been appropriated two times. Both times anti-hijacking did it's job and I personally recovered the vehicle each time within 800m with the help of the tracking company. Matrix + VSB Anti-Theft/Hijacking - 2 Vehicle Thieves - 0

Does anybody know about a good place in the Irene, Centurion or Pretoria East area to take a 2001 Colt Rodeo 3L for a thourough check up and service ? Must be reliable and miticulous (don't want surprises when in "the bush")

Mitspro comes highly recommended:

http://www.mitspro.co.za/

Thumbs up Mitspro FTW

Quote Originally Posted by jan.dup View Post
    Does anybody know about a good place in the Irene, Centurion or Pretoria East area to take a 2001 Colt Rodeo 3L for a thourough check up and service ? Must be reliable and miticulous (don't want surprises when in "the bush")
    Agreed with above, Mitspro FTW

I have just taken my Triton to them for its 120,000km service and they went above and beyond the call of duty and did a fantastic job for almost HALF of what the stealers quoted. Over and above the standard service they identified a relay issue on my spot lights (and fixed at no charge) as well as some damage to some wiring under the vehicle. They even replaced some bolts on my bash plate that had become a bit worn.
    ALL sundries replaced and they went over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb and called me over to show me a few things as well.
    Freek snr. the workshop manager is a professional and friendly guy and even went so far as to walk me into his spares room to show me that they only use Mitsubishi original parts and oils for everything.
    Furthermore, they have the Mitsu service checklist and follow it to the T.

Bravo Mitspro, you have another happy customer.

Default 3500 l V6 engine plugs... Please help

I wonder if somebody could help me with some pictures or even copies of a service manual for this particular vehicle ... bubble fender 1999 3500 V6.

2 years ago it went into a Mitsu garage here in Sandton, for a spluttering motor. R 24k later it was eventually discovered it was the fuel pump, actual cause of spluttering engine. Took delivery of the vehicle and drove it for 300km, if so much, large clacking noise in the engine. Turned out bearings on the crank. Why when it came back from a service... But prove it... impossible and the dealer just shook and washed its hands.

Did not have the money then to rebuild motor, they quoted me R43k. I left it and brought the car home and had the motor rebuild by their engineering shop, which I have used in the past.

I had the Pajero motor back now for 3 months, but because there is no rush and winter was fairly cold, I left it. Started 2 weeks ago with re-fitting the motor, Same dealer quoted 18 hours re-fitting of motor at R550 per hour.

Motor however is in, bolted and most of the pipes and plugs connected at the back end. Front end still needs the radiator, fans etc. No here lies the problem.

1) The dealer removed the engine and with it disconnected the plugs.
    2) I am sometimes stoopid, but I am not able to find some of the plugs coming from the ECU which is bolted on top of the motor. I need help.
    3) Richard, replaced 2 x sensors with wires coming from the front of the motor, I reckon it is timing sensors, and although the plugs are on top of the motor, these wires are too short to join up with their respective plugs. Did Mitsubishi perhaps have a junction wire between the plugs at the ECU and the sensors or did they supply Richard with the incorrect sensors, where we needed longer leads.
    4) Then there are about 5 plugs that I can not match to anywhere.

Now did
    1) The dealer, true to its lousy attitude, misplaced some of the leads and wiring harness or am I really stoopid. Like they did with the fanbelts and a few of the hoses, but of course they will deny everything.
    2) Or does these plugs just sit out in the open.... It does not look like it, because the insides are fairly clean... Open plugs wold be dirty after 285000 km.

Please could anybody help me with this information or pictures or a manual.

I miss the Pajero, not talking about SWAMBO. She is now on my case.

The Pajero Club website has a wide range of workshop manuals

Sent from my half-eaten fruity mobile device!
    Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

I found a place where one can get older model used Pajero spares yesterday. Gert Meiring, Plot 272 Kameeldrift (east of Pretoria). S25.64650* E28.32731*. Call Gert on 083-284-7734 or email: [email protected]. If you cannot get to Kameeldrift then Gert will courier the spares to you.
    Last edited by ianjnb; 2011/12/07 at 11:02 AM.

Looking for jump seats for my pajero 1994 model can someone help.
    2002 PAJERO 3.2 DID
    LIVE LIFE LEKKER

Default Mistubishu Pajero Spares wanted

I drive any SUV Mitshubishi Pajero 2002 0i 5 door 4X4 and I am looking for tyre road ends. Guys please this is urgent. Cell 0836609037

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast