|Disclaimer: SA 4x4 Community Forum
This site is an public discussion forum.
No warranty regarding the accuracy of information found on this site is provided.
The opinions expressed on this site are those of the poster/s thereof and do not necessarily express the opinion of the site owner/s, host, moderator/s or operators.
Any information acquired from the site or the posters thereon is used at the reader’s own risk and neither the site nor its posters shall be held liable for any damages as a result of such use of information, whether correctly applied or otherwise, and for direct, indirect or consequential losses and/or damages and whether resulting from harm to person or property.
Any information, techniques, modifications, suggestions, commentary and the like should be verified and confirmed correct by outside sources of the reader’s choice before use or being relied upon for any purpose. Readers should not rely on any such information in taking any action and/or refraining from taking any action.
As posters are able to rely on a measure of anonymity and/or falsify their identities, readers are warned not to rely on allegations of expertise and/or qualifications.
Anonymous accounts are not welcome. If you do not complete the profile fields, which are only visible to the administrators with your real information please be aware that you account may be removed at the discretion of the administrators. This platform is not created for anonymous people, it is a community of friends. If you not prepared to accept this please do not register.
You remain legally responsible for all content you place on this website, either in text, quoted text or image formats. In the event of your account being removed by the forum administrators, moderators or on request by yourself will your previous forum posts remain online, indicated as posted by GUEST, with your previous forum login name clearly printed underneath. Content you contributed will remain on this website and will not be removed.
You join and use the resources of this forum at no cost to yourself,
and you voluntary contribute to the content, the editing of any posts
by yourself to remove contributed content will be seen as a malicious
act to purposely break the flow of conversation and will not be
4x4Community: Terms of Service
The Spirit of 4x4Community (www.4x4community.co.za)
The 4x4 Community forum is operated on the basis on mutual respect between members. Where required moderators may intervene to ensure this spirit is kept at all times. Any post of thread in violation of this spirit may be removed by the moderators. (Members may use the REPORT POST button to report any post in violation of this spirit to the moderators.
The 4x4Community TOS (Terms of Service) must be regarded as a live document, and it will be adapted to keep with the spirit, and times. If you are at any point unsure please revisit and read the Terms of Service.
Terms of Service (TOS)
1. This forum is not a democracy, the decision of the administrator and moderators is final.
2. You agree that the posts on this forum are to remain on topic, and that any post/topic/thread not following this policy may be removed by the moderators or administrator. You will not be notified about this removal, nor will the moderators or administrator enter into a debate about the validity of the removal of the thread or post.
3. You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material, text or graphic (including avatars and profile images) which is:
* intentionally false
4. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.
5. The following is also prohibited:
6. You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages.
7. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any websites related to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.
8. You will not create threads or posts challenging the above rules, or threads or posts rallying support from other members.
9. You will not copy content from here and post on other forums, with the intention of challenging the rules of this forum there, not will you post content of other forums here, with the intention of challenging those rules.
10. Member signatures may not be used for advertising of any kind, unless permission granted in writing from the forum administrators.
11. Members may not create multiple accounts, or personalities on the 4x4Community forum. Any member guilty of this may have his or her account(s) removed.
12. The owners/administrators/moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
12. You will not use this platfor for fund raising of any form, unless you have written permission from either the administrator or one of the moderators.
13. For all others refer to rule 1.
CODE OF CONDUCTLaws and Regulations
Respect and abide by the rules and regulations of the country, national parks, conservation and public areas. Keep to the laws and regulations that apply to four wheel driving for the area you drive in.
Fellow Human Beings
Respect the right of privacy, peace and solitude of other human beings. Obtain permission before driving on private land.
Fauna and Flora
Preserve our fauna and flora. Never disturb animals it might affect their survival. Obey fire restrictions and always extinguish campfires. Bring out what you take in, never bury litter.
Keep your vehicle mechanical sound and clean to reduce environmental impact. Carry sufficient tools, spares and recovery equipment.
Fellow Road Users
Abide to the traffic rules. Drive defensively and set an example to others. Be friendly and courteous to fellow road users. Assist fellow four wheel drivers in need.
Take responsibility for your actions. Promote the safe and responsible use of four wheel drive vehicles. Accept responsibility for your group. Do not drink and drive. Clubs Support four wheel driving as a responsible and legitimate recreational activity. Obey the constitution and rules of your club. Responsible Off-Road Driving Keep to existing roads and tracks. Avoid sensitive eco systems. Travel in a group or with another vehicle in remote areas. Take adequate water, food, first aid and fuel. Preplan trips carefully before departure.
Abide to the Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct supports responsible four wheel drive recreation and is valuable only if you observe it.