logo

Go Back   4x4 Community Forum > General Category > The 4x4 Pub

4x4Community

The 4x4 Pub Off topic chat area, from the latest to IT questions may be posted here. Please keep it clean and family orientated, or your post WILL be deleted.
Joke and funny picture threads are not welcomed, and will be removed without notice.

Old 01-11-10, 02:15 PM

Default CPT - Binocular repairs?

Hello,

In spite of a few hitches, we returned from a first-ever AWESOME trip to Botswana and Zimbabwe! Will definitely go back for more. Unfortunately though the binoculars came back much the worse for wear - scratches on the lenses, and condensation inside (from Vic Falls) - does anyone know of a good place in Cape Town for Bushnell binocular repairs? Preferably not in the CBD, the northern suburbs would be ideal.

Thank you!
Old 01-11-10, 02:28 PM

I hate to say this, but unless they are a really expensive pair of optics, it may be cheaper to buy a new pair of binocs. Orms Prophoto will know exactly where to send them - they have recently opened a branch in the northern suburbs. Bear in mind that you can buy really good quality Nikons through Orms R795 for their 8x40 Action, R1695 for their 8x42 Sportster (splash proof) and R3095 for the 8x42 Monarch (nitrogen filled, fully waterproof). We have pair of each of these, and they are all excellent optically - the Monarchs in particular are on a par with binocs that cost well over ten grand (no brands mentioned).
Old 01-11-10, 02:30 PM

Orms website is www.orms.co.za - under products, open the binoculars section.
Old 01-11-10, 02:39 PM

Hi,

Any Cape Union Mart will probably be willing to return them to the supplier for repairs, you may get charged by the supplier. alternatively contact the supplier directly. Ultimo - Shirley is the Customer services / repairs manger on 011 792 5408.

Cheers
Old 01-11-10, 02:48 PM

Thanks Tony!

I'll definitely go that route if I have to... I borrowed this pair from my brother so need to return them to him in at least as good quality nick. I didn't know Orms had a branch in the Northern suburbs - that's good to know. I dropped into their town branch the other day and they referred me to a place called Camera Repairs on Bree street, but it's pretty time consuming finding parking there and I rarely have to go that way, so was hoping there'll be something closer.
Old 01-11-10, 02:50 PM

Thanks JAB - will follow that up!
Old 01-11-10, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweet chilli View Post
Thanks Tony!
I'll definitely go that route if I have to... I borrowed this pair from my brother so need to return them to him in at least as good quality nick. I didn't know Orms had a branch in the Northern suburbs - that's good to know. I dropped into their town branch the other day and they referred me to a place called Camera Repairs on Bree street, but it's pretty time consuming finding parking there and I rarely have to go that way, so was hoping there'll be something closer.
For future reference, there's almost always parking on the sixth and seventh floors of City Park (Chris Barnard Memorial Hospital), with one entrance in Bree St, and the other in Loop St. I park there daily and by mid-morning the early hospital visitors have left and there are open slots from floor 4 upwards. And you can fit 4x4s without roof racks (including Defenders, Cruisers and Discos) in the garage.
Old 01-11-10, 10:43 PM

Thanks again, Tony!
Old 13-08-12, 03:11 PM

Default try binocdoc.co.za

try binocdoc.co.za