logo

Go Back   4x4 Community Forum > General Category > Vehicle & Technical Chat > Toyota

4x4Community

Toyota Lead the way!

Old 08-03-09, 01:48 PM

Default Hilux / Fortuner problems

Hi Guys

I know this is an ongoing subject but the more people talk about it, the more action we might get out of Toyota!!
I notice that there is an upcoming program on Carte Blanche, by a lady with the name of Carol, and here below is the email that I sent her:

"
I see in the 4x4 Forum that you are doing a program on Carte Blanche, with regard to the Fortuner.

I am afraid that the Fortuner’s problems are only the tip of the iceberg! The stability problem and the road holding also pertains to the Toyota Hilux 4x4 3 litre Raider, which I own. I have only got 7000km on the clock, and already have had to replace the front suspension, due to the unbelievably bad road holding on gravel roads, which I travel 90% of my time. Toyota with all their excuses about tyre pressure etc. is a load of absolute nonsense!!
The problem does not lie with the tyre pressures – all of us, here in Namibia, travel 2 bar and below, on gravel roads. This I have also verified, speaking to the dozens of owners.
Before I did the change on the front suspension I made many many enquiries to the Toyota Agents here in Namibia, and owners of Hiluxs.
A certain Mine in my area at the coast has had to replace all the front suspensions and tyres etc. on their Toyota Hilux vehicles.
These changes are done by a Toyota Agent, and by other fitment centres who I have chatted to, who realise that there is an absolute major problem with the road holding and stability.

Why should we have to fork out all this money to make our new vehicles (which cost an absolute fortune) roadworthy!!!
I believe this is the most serious case of negligence on the part of any motor manufacturer in South Africa.
I feel that this matter should be reported to Toyota Japan and the management of Toyota South Africa should be fired, on the spot. This is a very very serious case of bad management.

I will support any person or organisation, financially, who would like to take Toyota to court, and I am sure that the majority of Toyota owners will feel the same as I do. I cannot believe that Toyota have not recalled every Fortuner and Raider in the country. Any other motor manufacturer anywhere else in the world would have done this.

I hope your input in the Carte Blanche program opens the eyes of the motor industry in South Africa, especially Toyota.

What I cannot believe that Toyota have not taken full cognisance of what is happening. There has been an article in every single Outdoor magazine and 4x4 magazine, in South Africa, for the last 12 months, and every month!!!

I feel that this is a travesty of injustice within the motor industry in South Africa, including Namibia.

I hope the above will help you and all Toyota Fortuner and Hilux owners. "

I see lately that Toyota are advertising their new Fortuner with all the changes. What's happened to the Hilux, I do not know!!!!

What are Toyota going to do with regard to all of us that have bought Fortuners and Hiluxs last year
I will repeat that I do believe that the management of Toyota should be fired on the spot. This is nothing short of motor industry corruption!! I cannot believe it, that these gentlemen in the management of Toyota SA have not taken note of this.

If we dont get any joy out of Toyota SA, I think that the next step is an advertisement in Tokoyo's daily newspaper.

Regards
TJS
Old 04-06-09, 11:45 AM

I agree with you!.I drove my brother-in-law's brand new fortuner 4x4, as it came out of the showroom from Lydenburg Toyota and I found it unstable at 100km/hr on tar roads.He then found that the chassis was bent and was so skew, no one could fix it.The vehicle came out skew from the factory in Durban.The vehicle's "book of life" had a big red sticker in it, stating it failed to pass QA, but still pushed it into the market, hoping no one will find out.

He demanded a new vehicle but after months of fighting with Toyota, they only took the vehicle to panel beaters and they tried to pull the chassis straight.This is all Toyota did for him.My brother-in-law was not happy after this!.He still has his "skewe 7", he couldn't even sell it.

A similar thing happened to me, with Nissan, two years ago.I bought a year old, 2nd hand Hardbody 3.3l, v6, DC, 4x4 from Toits Nissan in Menlyn & i only found later, the chassis was bent due to an accident, wich they tried to hide.After months of fighting with them, i got a newer and similar vehicle from them after threatening them with the media.At least Nissan responded and made me happy by loosing R135 000 on replacing the damaged 4x4.They did ask me for a R15 000 payment toward the newer vehicle, seeing the loss they made on this deal, wich i paid,.. seeing that i got a newer and better vehicle.

The moral of the story, dont let these big manufacturers get a chance to do you in.Fight for what is right.

Ian
Old 09-06-09, 06:58 PM

Std they might be a problem. I fitted 31" tyres and the road holding was 100%. Also remember its a lighter and faster vehicle with the new engines so its expected to a degree. Anyway thats why toyota has now fitted them with 265/70R16's basically 31".

Old 18-06-10, 12:17 PM

Default Fortuner Rolling Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs View Post
Hi Guys

I know this is an ongoing subject but the more people talk about it, the more action we might get out of Toyota!!
I notice that there is an upcoming program on Carte Blanche, by a lady with the name of Carol, and here below is the email that I sent her:

"
I see in the 4x4 Forum that you are doing a program on Carte Blanche, with regard to the Fortuner.

I am afraid that the Fortuner’s problems are only the tip of the iceberg! The stability problem and the road holding also pertains to the Toyota Hilux 4x4 3 litre Raider, which I own. I have only got 7000km on the clock, and already have had to replace the front suspension, due to the unbelievably bad road holding on gravel roads, which I travel 90% of my time. Toyota with all their excuses about tyre pressure etc. is a load of absolute nonsense!!
The problem does not lie with the tyre pressures – all of us, here in Namibia, travel 2 bar and below, on gravel roads. This I have also verified, speaking to the dozens of owners.
Before I did the change on the front suspension I made many many enquiries to the Toyota Agents here in Namibia, and owners of Hiluxs.
A certain Mine in my area at the coast has had to replace all the front suspensions and tyres etc. on their Toyota Hilux vehicles.
These changes are done by a Toyota Agent, and by other fitment centres who I have chatted to, who realise that there is an absolute major problem with the road holding and stability.

Why should we have to fork out all this money to make our new vehicles (which cost an absolute fortune) roadworthy!!!
I believe this is the most serious case of negligence on the part of any motor manufacturer in South Africa.
I feel that this matter should be reported to Toyota Japan and the management of Toyota South Africa should be fired, on the spot. This is a very very serious case of bad management.

I will support any person or organisation, financially, who would like to take Toyota to court, and I am sure that the majority of Toyota owners will feel the same as I do. I cannot believe that Toyota have not recalled every Fortuner and Raider in the country. Any other motor manufacturer anywhere else in the world would have done this.

I hope your input in the Carte Blanche program opens the eyes of the motor industry in South Africa, especially Toyota.

What I cannot believe that Toyota have not taken full cognisance of what is happening. There has been an article in every single Outdoor magazine and 4x4 magazine, in South Africa, for the last 12 months, and every month!!!

I feel that this is a travesty of injustice within the motor industry in South Africa, including Namibia.

I hope the above will help you and all Toyota Fortuner and Hilux owners. "

I see lately that Toyota are advertising their new Fortuner with all the changes. What's happened to the Hilux, I do not know!!!!

What are Toyota going to do with regard to all of us that have bought Fortuners and Hiluxs last year
I will repeat that I do believe that the management of Toyota should be fired on the spot. This is nothing short of motor industry corruption!! I cannot believe it, that these gentlemen in the management of Toyota SA have not taken note of this.

If we dont get any joy out of Toyota SA, I think that the next step is an advertisement in Tokoyo's daily newspaper.

Regards
TJS
My name is Willem Joubert, 0823755804.

I took my Fortuner to Toyota complaining about the stability problem without any success, last week my Fortuner roll over. I am 50 years old, this was my forst accident. I really suffered many a times while driving specifically when towing or when hitting a corrucated section of road. During this last trip I was doing 70km/h and without any warning the Fortuner start ossilating and in fractions of a second got out of hand and turned over. I could do absolute nothing. I beleive it is irresponsible of Toyota to leave this vehicle as is on the road. I drive a lot and never ever had the same problem with any other vehicle. I am willing to testify in any program/court case.
Old 19-06-10, 08:42 AM
eric bovijn

Willem, sorry to hear about this, but on this forum we try to be constructive so that other members are helped or learn from each other with the information that is posted.

So, give us some more details about your vehicle (model, year, mods,...) and about the roll over (where, loaded, road type, tyre pressure,.....)
Old 19-06-10, 07:18 PM

Welcome to the forum Willem, sorry that it is under such sircumstances though.
Old 21-06-10, 11:55 AM

I'm reading more and more about the issues drivers have experienced with the Fortuner with growing trepidation. I am currently weighing up the usual in the decision to purchase my current vehicle of choice namely the the Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 2010. I'm trying to identify any significant issues people are/have been experiencing with this model but have not been very successful. Would anybody be able to assist or point me in the direction of such information.

I'm currently driving a Suzuki Grand Vittara 2001 model which has always been a solid vehicle both offroad and onroad well definitely at speeds greater than 100km/h!

Thanks,
Old 21-06-10, 12:24 PM

Juno as with all stories there is two sides to the Furtuner one as well.

Jip, I am not "overly impressed" with the way Toyota is handling the issue.

BUT - the last Fortuners are "sorted out".

The earlier Fortuners it seems that a set of OME shocks sorted the issue out.

Once sorted, the Fortuner is definately one of the best 4x4 SUV's out there.
Old 21-06-10, 12:34 PM

I have had two friends in the last few months have accidents in their hilux bakkies (1 s/c and 1 d/c) and in both cases the airbags failed to deploy. In the d/c the seatbelt clasp next to the handbrake actually tore off.

Afterwards a few other guys took their vehicles in to be checked and all of them had faulty airbags

I would think it would be a good idea if you drive a hilux, just to be safe, go have your airbags tested.
Old 21-06-10, 01:29 PM

Why on earth do you want to put yourself and your family at risk in a dangerous vehicle?

Sell the rubbish and move on. It is simply a vehicle, nothing more. A piece of steel. Justifying keeping it may just result in an unfortunate event.
Old 21-06-10, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imkanyamba View Post
I have had two friends in the last few months have accidents in their hilux bakkies (1 s/c and 1 d/c) and in both cases the airbags failed to deploy. In the d/c the seatbelt clasp next to the handbrake actually tore off.

Afterwards a few other guys took their vehicles in to be checked and all of them had faulty airbags

I would think it would be a good idea if you drive a hilux, just to be safe, go have your airbags tested.
My collegue had a head-on collision in his Corsa bakkie. Bakkie was a write off - air bag did NOT deploy.

To date GM/Delta is yet to reply to his emails in this regard.

Point being - air bags not deploying is not only a Toyota thing.

Air bag is just another item, just like other items this also needs regular inspections.
Old 21-06-10, 02:44 PM
eric bovijn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
Air bag is just another item, just like other items this also needs regular inspections.

How can you do this? How can you test an airbag?
Old 21-06-10, 03:15 PM

Airbags will only deploy under specific conditions, I don't know the conditions of the accidents you describe, but airbags will not always deploy even if you think it should have deployed.
In regards to Toyota, they have an attitude that if you don't buy a car someone els will buy it, thus the shocking service.

There is no Flex like Jeep Flex!

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
'83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Old 21-06-10, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander View Post
Airbags will only deploy under specific conditions, I don't know the conditions of the accidents you describe, but airbags will not always deploy even if you think it should have deployed.
In regards to Toyota, they have an attitude that if you don't buy a car someone els will buy it, thus the shocking service.
Some car manuals go into great depth to explain under what conditions an airbag will deploy. Dont expect the "front" airbags to deploy in a side impact accident, for instance.

Commander it is not only SOME Toyota outlets/staff that has this attitude. Still waiting to test drive a BT50, also still waiting for the quote from Colt ...... Had equally bad service from SOME Toyota outlets. Found three outlets that gave GOOD service, then took my business where I was "appreciated/ treated properly".

Point being that "bad service" is NOT only at certain Toyota outlets.
Old 21-06-10, 06:09 PM

Both were head on frontal impacts.S/c +/-R90k damage, D/C driver flung out of car when seatbelt clasp failed, car is a write-off
Old 21-06-10, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imkanyamba View Post
Both were head on frontal impacts.S/c +/-R90k damage, D/C driver flung out of car when seatbelt clasp failed, car is a write-off
My collegues accident was also a head-on accident, where the air bag should have deployed ....

my personal guess is that this is in reaction to what happened a few years back when too many air bags deployed prematurely. I think the activation is now set too far to "the other" side the prevent premature deployment. Guess we will never know for sure ...
Old 03-07-10, 07:38 AM

Just a follow-up, did anyone have their airbags tested? We were considering buying a fortuner but definately leaning towards Pajero sport at the moment due to safety concerns.
Old 03-07-10, 07:55 AM

A true airbag test is self destructive. An agent can only check the system, but not if it will actually deploy. That goes for any make of car.

Old 22-07-10, 03:29 PM

Default Toyota Fortuner 3D Raised body

I'm looking at acquiring a 2008 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D 4D but am concerned about what I have been reading on this forum about stability issues. I'm sure where to turn to as I am a family guy with a young baby and wouldn't want to run into any problems. Any advice will be appreciated.

Jason
Old 22-07-10, 03:31 PM
Commercial Member: Cobrax

Have a word with Uys.

As far as I know it is just a case of decent shocks and decent tyres and the problem is solved.

Old 22-07-10, 03:53 PM

Agreed Henri

I've changed the Grabbers to BFG's and put Monroe shocks all round. Car is very stable on and off road, corrugations etc...

V6 Fortuner 4x4
D4D Hilux 4x4
Echo 3 for the nice stuff.
Gysey Regal for moffie trips.

Old 22-07-10, 04:19 PM

At the risk of sounding biased.....Done many thousands of kms in my Hilux on dirt and currugated roads, and never feel out of control.

Have to admit I have 31" BFG and Camils.
Old 22-07-10, 04:35 PM

Guys, I am in the market for a DC and the Hilux is my favoured choice. Are you seriously telling me I will be expected to pay R300K plus and then change tyres and shocks ? I checked with my local agent this afternoon and he told me that if I change the springs to OME is qualifies as a modification and will void the warranty ?

Seriously, buy a new car and then spend money fixing inherent problems - I don't think so

Old 22-07-10, 04:46 PM
aka Vrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspiders View Post
Guys, I am in the market for a DC and the Hilux is my favoured choice. Are you seriously telling me I will be expected to pay R300K plus and then change tyres and shocks ? I checked with my local agent this afternoon and he told me that if I change the springs to OME is qualifies as a modification and will void the warranty ?

Seriously, buy a new car and then spend money fixing inherent problems - I don't think so
Your dealer needs to get educated, last I saw, the OME is APPROVED by Toyota as long as you take the SPECIFIED range of shocks..meaning, no mad lifts...

This is why if I was you, go get the Hilux at a dealer that is educated and easy to deal with..I've done body lifts, intercoolers...etc ot my old Ranger, never had a issue even when I did claims as they had nothing to do with the mods...some dealers will see it and reject the claim based on something that has nothing to do with the problem...

Hey but the new Ranger, if you unlucky to have the crappy pads made in China/Thailand that warps disks and has zip braking power that is Factory fitted and even the factory recommends to the dealers to upgrade, but at your cost...then well, every manufacturer has problems...mine, just changed the pads, all problems sorted...they do get it wrong at times...
Old 22-07-10, 08:07 PM
Commercial Member: Stofpad Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henris View Post
Have a word with Uys.

As far as I know it is just a case of decent shocks and decent tyres and the problem is solved.
PM answered
Old 23-07-10, 12:04 PM

Dunno if the OME sorts it, spoke to my panel beater this morning, him and buddy where driving on a gravel road this last weekend, hilux was new <1000km and a rental nogal it was night and a turn came up rather suddenly his Pathfinder handled fine, his buddy on the roof racks...
Old 23-07-10, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
it was night and a turn came up rather suddenly
I don't think ome will sort out that problem. Maybe driving lessons with colin mcrae might help?

Old 23-07-10, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaal View Post
I don't think ome will sort out that problem. Maybe driving lessons with colin mcrae might help?
well thats the problem the pathfinder driver was tad intoxicated and the hilux was "following" him home for safety (own farm road)

Last edited by dieselfan; 23-07-10 at 02:27 PM.
Old 25-07-10, 12:32 PM

Hi all. My family and I were travelling to Kgalakgadi on 3 July when the rear Right tyre's tread came off from the casing. I was driving a 4.0 V6 Toyota D/c, and also towed a Oryx Offroad trailer?caravan. None of the vehicles were loaded extensively as whe were booked camping in the Kglakgadi. The bakkie was fitted with a Burnco bumper. When the tyre disintegrated I was pulled to the right hand side of the road, and worrying about incoming traffic manage to control the innitial jerk. However, a following instability of the rear end forced the vehicle and Oryx to career off the road and both vehicles rolled over. Airbags did not deploy and fortunately no bad injuries. Thanks to all who stopped and offered help and assistance in picking up our stuff. Accident happened 40km from Kenhardt.
Old 25-07-10, 06:07 PM

Have done 30,000km with my Hilux. No problems to report.
Old 25-07-10, 07:02 PM

23000 km and no problems! Lovely vehicle!!

2010 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4X4, Ironman Suspension, Snorkel, BF Goodrich A/T's, Beekman Executive Canopy & 60l Waeco Fridge with Deep Cycle 2nd Battery & National Luna Dual Controller.

Old 26-07-10, 12:57 PM

Hilux with only 13 000km and no problems, not even a rattle. No instability on tar or gravel or while towing.
Old 27-07-10, 11:21 PM

I have a 2005 Hilux D4D DC 4X4 with 165 000km on the clock. I have driven a lot of dirt roads of all sorts (sand, corrugated, loose gravel, whatever) and never had this instability problem. Only once I had a moment where the bakkie became a bit unstable - but the road was terrible and I was doing 110km/h (late for meeting) where I should not have exceeded 80km/h and my tyres were 2bar (for tar) - way too hard for circumstances. IMHO people are driving too fast on dirt roads as new generation bakkies are very comfortable, quiet inside, etc. and you do not realise how fast you are going. When a dirt road is in a bad condition and I’m in a hurry, I engage H4X4 which also helps with stability – fuel consumption is a bit higher but not that much.
Old 28-07-10, 07:40 AM

A good point that Jaco is making! Engage 4WD when you are travelling on gravel! Will give much more peace of mind! I would also recommend this for wet road conditions! You have 4wd - use it!
Old 28-07-10, 01:07 PM

Hi Gents,

I think as with most things mechanical there is at least 2 x sides to the story.
How many of these "unhappy" Hiliux or Fortuner drivers actually know how to drive on a gravel/dirt road. I drive on drirt and gravel roads every week and there is a vast different technique required when you drive on GRAVEL/DIRT vs TAR.
Secondly---Hot tyres because of tar road driving before you enter the garvel/dirt section will cause problems--you have to deflate your tyres when travelling for long sections at speed on gravel.
Thirdly---if by chance you happen to drive a front wheel drive vehicle often, it can potentially cause issues as the correction of oversteer and understeer in front wheel drive vehicles and rear wheel drive vehicles are vastly different. If you are used to frt.wheel drive you instictively will do the wrong thing when going into a slide with a rear wheel driven vehicle.
First look at the above first before you start critizing any make of vehicle for your own clumsiness.
I love Toyota and know that the Fortuner and Hilux models are excellent if driven within the driver and the vehicles capability.
Old 28-07-10, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basson K View Post
Hi Gents,

How many of these "unhappy" Hiliux or Fortuner drivers actually know how to drive on a gravel/dirt road.
Well in my circle the one has a farm for the last 30 years and many other cars without issues even the KZTE no issues. Then the other travels more dirt than dare I say 99% people on this forum, hates his "new" hilux and his wife freaks out at 40km/h!!!! Not exactly highspeed?! Both having worked for 15 years on dirt road areas ONLY.

Then there's the moose test...driver error? I think not. See my post above VS a Pathfinder with an intoxicated driver it out handled a Hilux who was the sober ESCOURT!
Old 29-07-10, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfan View Post
Well in my circle the one has a farm for the last 30 years and many other cars without issues even the KZTE no issues. Then the other travels more dirt than dare I say 99% people on this forum, hates his "new" hilux and his wife freaks out at 40km/h!!!! Not exactly highspeed?! Both having worked for 15 years on dirt road areas ONLY.

Then there's the moose test...driver error? I think not. See my post above VS a Pathfinder with an intoxicated driver it out handled a Hilux who was the sober ESCOURT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basson K View Post
Hi Gents,

I think as with most things mechanical there is at least 2 x sides to the story.
How many of these "unhappy" Hiliux or Fortuner drivers actually know how to drive on a gravel/dirt road. I drive on drirt and gravel roads every week and there is a vast different technique required when you drive on GRAVEL/DIRT vs TAR.
Secondly---Hot tyres because of tar road driving before you enter the garvel/dirt section will cause problems--you have to deflate your tyres when travelling for long sections at speed on gravel.
Thirdly---if by chance you happen to drive a front wheel drive vehicle often, it can potentially cause issues as the correction of oversteer and understeer in front wheel drive vehicles and rear wheel drive vehicles are vastly different. If you are used to frt.wheel drive you instictively will do the wrong thing when going into a slide with a rear wheel driven vehicle.
First look at the above first before you start critizing any make of vehicle for your own clumsiness.
I love Toyota and know that the Fortuner and Hilux models are excellent if driven within the driver and the vehicles capability.

Ek wonder hoeveel lede gaan nog aansluit om vir ons te kom vertel ons kan ne grondpad ry nie, en die Hilux/Fortuner is rubbish! Jy is mos net die man!! as jy KAN grondpad ry.
Old 29-07-10, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uys View Post
Ek wonder hoeveel lede gaan nog aansluit om vir ons te kom vertel ons kan ne grondpad ry nie, en die Hilux/Fortuner is rubbish! Jy is mos net die man!! as jy KAN grondpad ry.
Ek raak nou net so gatvol.

Dink net watse MAN jy kan wees as jy n grondpad kan ry met n Hilux/Fortuner

Jy gaan die nuwe Hero wees van die forum...

Towing our moblie home
Imagine Comfortvan

Don't get confused between my personality & attitude. My Personality is who I AM, my attitude depends on who YOU are!!!

Old 29-07-10, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Dink net watse MAN jy kan wees as jy n grondpad kan ry met n Hilux/Fortuner

Jy gaan die nuwe Hero wees van die forum...
Ek kan! En ek is!

Maar jy moet darem net verstaan ek het grootgeword o p''n plaas en het ongveer 100% grondpad gry toe -nie soos julle dorp plebs nie!
Old 29-07-10, 01:09 PM

In die week n LELIKE ongeluk in Durbanville gewees - Uno en Fortuner ....

Uno "het beheer verloor" en teen die Tuna gebots - HOE verloor jy beheer op teer in n 60 km/h sone ? Uno lyk soos n Coke blikkie wat platgedruk is (drywer oorlede) en die Tuna , uhm ja ... hy lę op sy dak ....

Die bo-genoemde feite was in die Burger - enige iets meer as dit sal net spekulasie wees.

MAAR in die ware tradisie moet ons sekerlik die Tuna se suspensie die skuld gee .....
Old 29-07-10, 01:16 PM

Wat het vis met die storie te doen "Tuna"

Ja dit raak afgesaag!!

ORRA D04

ZS1ASH

Old 29-07-10, 01:17 PM

Quote:
MAAR in die ware tradisie moet ons sekerlik die Tuna se suspensie die skuld gee .....

Hy het seker nog old-spec General Grabbers opgehad!
Old 29-07-10, 01:33 PM

Quote:
In die week n LELIKE ongeluk in Durbanville gewees - Uno en Fortuner ....

Uno "het beheer verloor" en teen die Tuna gebots - HOE verloor jy beheer op teer in n 60 km/h sone ? Uno lyk soos n Coke blikkie wat platgedruk is (drywer oorlede) en die Tuna , uhm ja ... hy lę op sy dak ....

Die bo-genoemde feite was in die Burger - enige iets meer as dit sal net spekulasie wees.

Chris - Jy het die beste van die berig vergeet! Wat het die skrywer die Toyota genoem? 'n FORTUNA!!! Nie net een keer nie!
http://www.dieburger.com/Suid-Afrika...-spat-20100726

En Uys ja die foto lyk na Grabbers!

Hilux D/C 3.0 D4D

Prado 4.0 V6 Auto VX

Old 29-07-10, 01:52 PM

Eina! Dis lelik!

Maar daai is Deuler's - facelifted Fortuna!
Old 29-07-10, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uys View Post
Eina! Dis lelik!

Maar daai is Deuler's - facelifted Fortuna!
Sh&%!!, ek wou my bakkie se bande vervang met Duellers - lyk my dit help ook nie. Dink ek moet die Hilux verkoop en vakansies Durban toe gaan.
Old 03-08-10, 07:02 AM

Ek is 'n nuwe Toy eienaar. Het die Double cab 4x4. My ondervinding is dat die vering baie hard is, wat my laat vermoed dat grondpad onder sekere omstandighede problematies gaan wees, maar tot dusver nog nie enige probleme ondervind met stabiliteit nie. Laas week lang pad in 'n 2wiel dryf Tuna gery. Paar keer agter in gesit, en dit was baie senutergend. Jy voel hoe die kar soort van "fishtail" ELKE keer as jy bietjie ongelyk pad vang.

Ek was self agter die wiel vir omtrent 80km se grondpad, en het nie enige probleme ondervind nie (so teen 110k/h, met Venter agter).

Ek het 'n ander probleem, waarvoor ek raad soek. Die boek se die bakkies en die Tuna's het 80l tenks. My double cab, as jy hom ry tot die komputer se jy het nou minder as 10km range oor, dan vat hy net 70l. Die naweek dieselfde met die Tuna ondervind. Compute het gese Range is 90 km, toe vat hy net 62 l. (wat ook beteken dis 'n 70l tenk).

Was by Toyota agent, hulle se ek moet hom inbring as hy amper leeg is sodat hulle kan check. Hulle is oortuig dis die sensor, en dat die kar wel 'n 80l tenk het. Ek is nie so seker nie, maar sal vanmiddag daar by hulle uitkom.

C
Old 03-08-10, 09:22 AM

C Africa, dit is 'n 80 L tenk, myne het al eenkeer 74L gevat. Een ding wat ek geleer het is dat die liggie by myne aankom jy baie gou moet volmaak.
Old 03-08-10, 09:28 AM

CAfrica -- beslis 80l op die hilux, pre facelift het die tuna 'n kleiner tenk gehad, maar dit is nou ook 80l.

As myne se liggie aankom en ek maak dadelik vol vat hy 68l.

Hilux D/C 3.0 D4D

Prado 4.0 V6 Auto VX

Old 05-08-10, 06:57 AM

Ek het hom toe by die agent gehad. Die probleem is dat die sensor waarop die rekenaar werk, nie die laaste bietjie branstof in die tenk meet nie. Maw, as die computer vir jou se jou "remaining range" is nul, dan is daar nog so rondom 8l in die tenk.

Hulle het 'n nuwe voertuig daar gehad wat sonder brandstof gaan staan het. Ons het 5l in die tenk gegooi, en die onboard computer het steeds "nul" gewys as die "range".

Ek moet se ek vind dit irriterend. Op al my ander karre het die onboard computer vir jou jou werklike oorblywende kilometers gewys en ek het gewoond geraak daaraan om te vertrou op die rekenaar. Nou sit ek met 'n kar wat genoeg branstof oor het om nog 70-80k's te ry, na die computer wys hys leeg.

C
Old 06-08-10, 09:57 PM

Not sure if anyone can help, but if the can, I would really apreciate it!

My fortuner keeps on blowing the brake light fuse. I kept on replacing it as I suspected that it had to be my trailers fault - possible short on the trailers wiring. It has just blown again and this time, it was definately not the trailer as I have not used it for a while.

Driving into the garage with my lights on, I noticed that there was a slight dimming of the head lights when I put the brakes on - I had replaced the fuse, but the brake lights do not work.

My question - why, even though the fuse has been replaced and the brake lights do not work, there seems to be a power drain when I depress the brakes (slight dimming of the headlights)?

Head - 2007 Toyota Fortuner, OME, extra tank, roof rack, bent running boards
Heart - SFA hilux dcab