Originally Posted by scorpion
I bought a Nissan Pathfinder
Congrats & welcome to the club!!!!!!
Other than the vicious fuel consumption on mine, 2 things went wrong....
1. Fuel Sender Unit replaced under warranty (I couldn't get more than 50 litres of fuel in the 80 litre tank)
2. Rear CV joints & shocks replaced under warranty (clicking away as I pulled off in 4WD or Auto)
My brake pads don't last that long (about 15 000 k's a pair). Sandton Nissan skimmed the disks and replaced pads at half cost at the last service and are monitoring the usage (service to service) as this seems to be excessive.
Other than these small things, it's a fantastic vehicle (I wish I'd bought a diesel). It cruises well with SWAMBO, 4 kids & a ton's worth of trailer festooned with bikes behind as well as being easy to drive in town & the tiptronic box is a dream in traffic. (Not sure if you have a manual)
I had the following things fitted by Nissan when I purchased (Second Hand 40 000 Km's 14 Months ago)
1. Chromed Nudge bar (about R 4.5K)
2. Tow bar (About R 1.8K)
They also transplanted my 6" Warn's from my Landy onto the nudge bar.
Some things I would do differently:
1. Install an ARB or TJM bumper replacement bull bar (I'm a closet taxi bully)
2. Change the Good Year Wranglers to BFG's or Duellers (OK on anything unless it's wet sand)
All in all...... a fantastic vehicle. I've not been disappointed once.
PS.....Make sure you are in neutral when you change to 4WD Low.......It doesn't disengage VDC if you aren't and it's just like having open diffs.