logo

Go Back   4x4 Community Forum > General Category > Vehicle & Technical Chat > Jeep

4x4Community

Old 22-03-08, 09:05 PM

Default jeep wrangler 2.8crd

please advise guys... i wana buy a new jeep wrangler 2.8 crd 2door. I have only been given negative feedback about jeep. Its resale is bad, having your jeep serviced in jhb is apparently a mission, jeep always have to import parts so you service might end up lasting more than a month...and also that Chrylser jeep is having financial problems and might be closing down in south africa... IS ALL THSI TRUE IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO FOR A WRANGLER 2,8 CRD PLEASE HELP
Old 23-03-08, 11:43 AM

Bollocks to all! If you want one and can find stock, it's an awesome vehicle.

Andre

So far: ChryCo 81/4" 29 spline Rear Axle, ChroMo shafts, ARB Lockers front and rear, 4.10's, OME934/JC1A with JCXL's, TeraFlex 2" spacers and extended shackles, OME Long NitroChargers, OME Damper, 31" KL71's, FrontRunner rack, Custom SYE and HD CV shaft, OBA, Dual battery system, Changa Sliders, Front and Rear Bumpers and tyre carrier.
Coming soon: Underbody armour, OTK steering, HD Trackbar and a few other bits...

Old 27-03-08, 06:34 PM

Default Jeep Wrangler

No vehicle is an investment, no matter what you drive, so buy what your hart desire.
I have a Jeep Wrangler 2007 RUBICON 4dr.My previous vehicles where COLT , DEFENDER , HILUX , ISUZU.
Never had a good re sail value on anny of them.

my jeep has 15000 km on the clock. so far no problems.I enjoy it a lot, most fun that i have had with a vehicle.

RIG

Old 27-03-08, 09:25 PM
Commercial Member: Zone Offroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough Rider View Post
please advise guys... i wana buy a new jeep wrangler 2.8 crd 2door. I have only been given negative feedback about jeep. Its resale is bad, having your jeep serviced in jhb is apparently a mission, jeep always have to import parts so you service might end up lasting more than a month...and also that Chrysler jeep is having financial problems and might be closing down in south africa... IS ALL THSI TRUE IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO GO FOR A WRANGLER 2,8 CRD PLEASE HELP
Unfortunately you will hear this from most mainstream people, you more than likely got advice to buy the run of the mill double cab. People perceive a product to be bad and are notorious for bashing brands if they think it's different. I had a run in with a guy the other day because he was bashing Chrysler, what it actually boiled down to was that there was no problem with the vehicle, he just couldn't afford the spares. he now tells 10 people that Chrysler sucks and so everybody believes it.

Chrysler was bought out by a huge consortium so no it does not have financial problems. The Jeep brand will never die.

The services have always been done promptly and completely. I did have to wait 2 days for a clutch on my TJ though

As for having your Jeep serviced in JHB, it's not that bad. There is a dealership in Randburg and one in Midrand. As soon as Daimler has sorted out the franchise issue they will open a dealership on the East Rand again.

Finally, YES it is a good idea to get a JK.
Old 27-03-08, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIG View Post
No vehicle is an investment, no matter what you drive, so buy what your hart desire.
Strangely enough this is probably the best advise on vehicle choice there is... If one had to buy a vehicle on logic alone, you'll be very fit with all the walking you do...

As an aside a friend had a problem with a fuel sensor on her 4.0 Overland... took 2 weeks to fix, and when it WAS fixed, they couldn't get it off the lift because of a power failure

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

4WDCSA-WC, Pajero Club

Old 27-03-08, 09:44 PM
Commercial Member
(STOCK STANDARD)

will buy it if I have half a chance

*4x4, Recovery, Deep Sand
*Accident avoidance and prevention
Premier private and corporate Training-mail me!
herman@angeloffroad.co.za
Manufacturer of Pofadder (c) kinetic recovery rope kits Importers & Distributers of 4x4 products.
Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing

+27824453301 always on.

Old 01-10-09, 05:02 PM

Default 46,000km on CRD

I have 46,000km on my CRD bought in 2008 and have had no problems with it so far. I service it at Jeep East Rand as I live in Bedford gardens and their service is great. Its also my only vehicle so I use it as a daily driver as well.

I like the 460Nm available, 10km/l and traction control.

Some things I dont like about it but which can be fixed:
- bouncing bonnet its just not secured properly
- the driver door rattles some times
- turbo lag u put your foot down flat and it hesitates before jumping wildly
- the standard ground clearance on the Auto is not that lekker
- standard bumpers especially the front is kind of long
- the on-road handling is also not that great above
- u need a second person if u are using the hardtop & want to take it off/on

Old 02-10-09, 08:26 AM

go get it... find one that has been pre-owned that way you will get more JEEP for your money

Live without limits
Old 03-10-09, 01:50 PM

I've had mine for 33 000km's and I still love every minute of driving it. The diesel is awesome - just crawls over everything. Even sold my XT350 as it was never ridden anymore after I got the Wrangler. Buying a Wrangler is a decision you make with your heart not your head.

PD - use two way tape with ducktape over it on the catch of the door hinge and the big bumper is for picnics or for your wife to lie on when you take pics of your Jeep.

Wrangler Unlimited Sahara CRD
Peugeot 5008 (Swambo's)
Raleigh M-Trax 21spd (When I'm broke)
Jurgens XT140

Old 05-10-09, 10:13 AM

Ek het nou 63000km op myne en geniet elke oomblik daarvan. Ek het ook nog net puik diens ontvang van agente. Koop een as jy kan!

Old 06-10-09, 11:40 AM

Just one question: How many wranglers do you find secondhand, currently in PE zero, that must mean something. Buy one you will not find a better vehicle.

Andre Thuynsma

Old 06-10-09, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Some things I dont like about it but which can be fixed:
Quote:
- bouncing bonnet its just not secured properly
http://www.zoneoffroad.co.za
Jeep4Fun for Daystar hood latches. No more flutter with these.

Quote:
- the driver door rattles some times
Easy to fix. Either get the dealership to apply their magic grease, or use a bit of clear pipe, cut over and stuck over the latch.

DASHCAMS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE ONLINE SHOP!
R1845.00 including courier delivery and Micro32gig SD card.
EFT and Credit Card payments available.
Click here to purchase.

Old 06-10-09, 12:14 PM

There is a secondhand 4dr at Maritime Motors.

Wrangler Unlimited Sahara CRD
Peugeot 5008 (Swambo's)
Raleigh M-Trax 21spd (When I'm broke)
Jurgens XT140

Old 26-03-10, 01:58 PM

Default Looking a Wrangler to buy

Hi All

I am looking for Jeep Wrangler 2.8 CRD or 3.8 Petrol to buy. preferably Sahara model. not more that 50000km on the clock.
Old 28-03-10, 09:10 AM

Consider a new one.

The Rubi V6 is a good deal. +R15 000 Mopar acces.

Mopar Cold Air Intake and Decat aparently gives it a great ROAR!

I like the diesel torque though.

Jeep Liberty 3.7 LTD
OME
Bridgestone AT
Decat - Uni Chip - K&N

07 WRX STI
Uno Turbo
950 Super Enduro
XR650R
YZ250
Old 28-03-10, 09:39 AM

Just with regard resale values, I saw wranglers have very good resale value, outstripping the Merc, BMW and most other brands!!! I will try dig up the info, I think I posted it else where on the forum.

Platkar:2002 BMW M5, 2002 M Coupe and 1985 635csi
SWAMBO: BMW X5 3.0D
Talk softly, carry a BIG stick
Ex: Jeep Cherokee XJ 2.5Td

Old 28-03-10, 10:35 AM
Account Removed

you cant go wrong with a jeep
Old 28-03-10, 11:52 AM

Default Jeep Rubicon Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade

http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?p=1578012
In case you missed this article...

Four Wheeler Magazine Editors Name Jeep(R) Wrangler Rubicon Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade

- Four-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon hailed as Most Significant 4x4 -

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ --

* Four Wheeler editors refer to creation of four-door Wrangler as "...one of smartest product moves any automotive company has ever made"
* Jeep Wrangler Unlimited remains the only four-door convertible on the market
* Four-door icon delivers class-leading off-road capability, everyday practicality and open-air fun
* Recognition comes on the heels of Jeep brand being named Top Domestic Brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com® 2010 Residual Value Study
* Nearly 60 percent of Wrangler sales are four-door Wrangler Unlimited model

Four Wheeler magazine editors have named the Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon the Best 4x4 Vehicle of the Decade, while calling out the four-door Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon as the decade's most significant 4x4 vehicle.

"Jeep vehicles have earned many awards in the almost 70-year history of the iconic brand, but few have been as prestigious as these accolades from the editors at Four Wheeler magazine," said Mike Manley, President and CEO - Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is clearly the most capable production vehicle on the planet, and in four-door Unlimited form, families can enjoy the combination of capability, freedom, space and comfort that only Jeep can provide."

In recognizing the 2007-present Jeep Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon as the Best 4x4 of the Decade, Four Wheeler magazine editor Doug McColloch said, "The JK (current version) Wrangler represented a big step up in on-road ride and handling for Jeep's flagship ride, yet it's off-road capability wasn't compromised in the least. If anything, it was only enhanced. Considering how competent in the dirt the previous-gen(eration) TJ was, that was no small feat for Chrysler engineers to pull off. But somehow they managed to do it, creating the decade's best four-wheel drive in the process."

In calling the 2007-present Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon the Most Significant SUV of the Decade, editor Sean Holman said, "(The decision to produce a four-door Wrangler) will probably go down in history as one of the smartest product moves any automotive company has ever made. From a Jeep customer perspective, the four-door was pure genius, opening up the sport of 'Jeeping' to families. No longer would you have to choose your kids or your gear. It also made the Jeep brand accessible to people who have always loved the idea of a Wrangler, but never thought the vehicles were large enough or functional enough to fit their lifestyle and/or needs."

The four-door Wrangler Unlimited model accounts for 59 percent of Wrangler sales.

Jeep Brand Boasts Highest Resale Value Among All Domestic Brands

Recognition from the editors at Four Wheeler magazine comes on the heels of Jeep being named the top domestic brand in Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com® 2010 Residual Value Study.

According to the study, the Jeep brand boasts the highest resale value among all domestic brands and its vehicles will maintain 35.7 percent of their original value after five years of ownership - more than 3 percent above the industry average.

The Jeep brand resale value improves for 2010 as the industry average declines.

"This achievement is a testament to the strength and heritage of the Jeep brand," said James Bell, Executive Market Analyst - Kelley Blue Book. "The word 'Jeep' has long stood for strength, portraying the vision of what a Jeep is, and what it can do. The Wrangler has, and continues to be the backbone of this marque, drawing a strong and loyal following, helping to maintain its value."

"We are pleased that the Jeep brand has been recognized by Kelley Blue Book for earning the highest resale value among domestic brands, and that Jeep has improved significantly in a difficult year that has seen the industry decline," said Manley. "The Jeep brand's high resale value is a testament to a legendary, iconic brand that provides consumers an array of SUVs that deliver a unique blend of freedom and adventure, capability, best-in-class claims and value."
Old 28-03-10, 08:21 PM
Commercial Member: JKA 4x4 Accessories.

Talking about waiting for parts? My Hilux rear prop-shaft packed up and it took Toyota 2 weeks to "make a plan" guess they could not find it under every second tree in Africa?

You will love the Wrangler just know what you are buying and understand that its not some thing you would compare to a luxury 4X4 in the some way you cant not compare a luxury 4X4 to the Wrangler! There is not best of all worlds!

Manufactures & Suppliers of Trail Tested 4x4 Products | www.jka-mfg.co.za | shane@jka-mfg.co.za
Jeep JK Rubicon | 3" Synergy Stage 3 Suspension System | 37" Goodyear MT/R | JKA-MFG Front Mid Width & Stubby Rear Bumpers | JKA-MFG Rock Rails | JKA-MFG Steering Dampener Relocation | JKA-MFG Heat Reduction Hood
Old 29-03-10, 01:11 PM

I am a new Jeep owner (6month) converted from 4 x LR over the years. Must say I am impressed with the 2.8 CRD Wrangler 4 Door . Bought it Second hand and it has 33000km on the clock.

I am more and more impress the longer I drive it. I will not change it for anything!!!

If you look for a second hand wrangler, there is one standing at Cornwall Hill Motors in Pretoria. Pass it this morning. Silver 2.8CRD 4 Door.

Waiting to be picked up
Old 29-03-10, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepw View Post
I am a new Jeep owner (6month) converted from 4 x LR over the years. Must say I am impressed with the 2.8 CRD Wrangler 4 Door . Bought it Second hand and it has 33000km on the clock.

I am more and more impress the longer I drive it. I will not change it for anything!!!

If you look for a second hand wrangler, there is one standing at Cornwall Hill Motors in Pretoria. Pass it this morning. Silver 2.8CRD 4 Door.

Waiting to be picked up
Do you know the amount?

Jeep Liberty 3.7 LTD
OME
Bridgestone AT
Decat - Uni Chip - K&N

07 WRX STI
Uno Turbo
950 Super Enduro
XR650R
YZ250
Old 29-03-10, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevh0 View Post
Do you know the amount?
No, there was no price board on it.
Old 29-03-10, 02:13 PM

Hi, just a question,
Which model is the 'open top jeep' which is longer than the Wrangler and the Rubicon,

I think it could be an older non current model

'vette

Old 29-03-10, 02:28 PM

I drove a guy's 2001 Wrangler 4.0L Auto Sunday Morning in Leeupoort just outside Thabazimbi (was there for a wedding) I am a Big,fat tall guy. just under 2 meters with a boep pens. I couldn't believe the confort I enjoyed in that Jeep. The legroom was perfect, my knees did't get bumped by anything. This is definatley on my shopping list for the future.

I specially like the one's with the military star on the door, looks fantastic.

Can anyone please tell me the difference between Wrangler, Rubico, Sahara, 'cause I am very interested in getting me one for my Birthday.

Supporter of Anti Rhino Poaching
4x4AG: 013
Challanger Explorer trailer with Conqueror Trailer Top Tent
Pajero Sport 3.2 DiD
VHF Radio, Front Runner Roof Rack, Snorkel, NL Dual battery system,Rocksliders, Bashplate, G Box Plate, Suspension lift, Hankook AT's, Long Range tank

Last edited by Bostokkelos; 29-03-10 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Add a Q
Old 29-03-10, 02:33 PM
Commercial Member: JKA 4x4 Accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_vette View Post
Hi, just a question,
Which model is the 'open top jeep' which is longer than the Wrangler and the Rubicon,

I think it could be an older non current model

'vette

Location: Warrington, UK; Oslo Norway; Yantai China; Okpo, South Korea,

Dude did you meet Chuck Norris and he put you in to 4 places at once?

Just kidding Mate the Unlimited is the 4 door version of the JK Wrangler. You do get them in both short and long wheel base, all can have thier tops removed.

Not sure if you thinking of the J8 thats open top as well but its the same length as the 4 door Unlimited.

There was a "long wheel base" 100" TJ it was a two door, the rear end was longer it was the the TJ Unlimited.

Hope that helps?

Manufactures & Suppliers of Trail Tested 4x4 Products | www.jka-mfg.co.za | shane@jka-mfg.co.za
Jeep JK Rubicon | 3" Synergy Stage 3 Suspension System | 37" Goodyear MT/R | JKA-MFG Front Mid Width & Stubby Rear Bumpers | JKA-MFG Rock Rails | JKA-MFG Steering Dampener Relocation | JKA-MFG Heat Reduction Hood

Last edited by ShaneJKA; 29-03-10 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-11-14, 12:28 PM

Mine is a 2012 CRD 2 door with 79 000km on the clock. No problems, my Merc sits in the garage.
Great fun to drive.
I got mine on Gumtree but it turned out to be at Stanmar Motors in George.

Old 06-11-14, 01:17 PM

Default 2.8 Crd

I have a 2004 Cherokee with the 2.8 Crd motor, has 217000km on the clock and motor has never been touched or given a days problem. Lots of open road, lots of dirt roads and plenty trails.
Old 06-11-14, 02:42 PM

I want a new JK Rubi with a diesel engine.

Why don't Chrysler fit the TDV6 3.0L?

Ex: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7HO
Ex: 1989 Land Rover 110 3.5 V8 County Station Wagon
Ex: 1996 Nissan Sani VG30 4x4 SW
Ex: 1984 Land Rover 110 V8 Pickup
Ex: 1995 Nissan TD27 4x4 Double Cab
Ex: 2003 Hyundai Terracan 3.5 V6

Old 06-11-14, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelo View Post
I want a new JK Rubi with a diesel engine.

Why don't Chrysler fit the TDV6 3.0L?
It already doesn't make sense to buy the 2.8CRD wrangler due to the price premium, can't imagine what 3L V6 CRD would cost, you would probably have to drive a million kms just to break even!

If it is for towing, it also doesn't make sense, because the 3.6 with 5spd auto with manual select tows really well.

A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror.

Sigmund Freud

Old 06-11-14, 09:46 PM

you cant put a price on the CRD. Even if it was double the petrol I'd still buy it with a smile. The petrol just isnt on the same level as the CRD, especially when towing. I would sell mine today if the V6 CRD was put in the JK.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited CRD AUTO
Little higher, fatter,airier, sticker-ed and steel-ed.
2011 Nissan Qashqai 2.0 diesel (SWAMBO)

Old 06-11-14, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysCJ View Post
you cant put a price on the CRD. Even if it was double the petrol I'd still buy it with a smile. The petrol just isnt on the same level as the CRD, especially when towing. I would sell mine today if the V6 CRD was put in the JK.
I owned a CRD before the 3.6, and I tow a camping trailer, and I must agree the petrol is not on the same level as the CRD, its NEXT level!

I sold the CRD on 30k I just couldn't stand it anymore.

A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror.

Sigmund Freud

Old 07-11-14, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koos View Post
It already doesn't make sense to buy the 2.8CRD wrangler due to the price premium, can't imagine what 3L V6 CRD would cost, you would probably have to drive a million kms just to break even!

If it is for towing, it also doesn't make sense, because the 3.6 with 5spd auto with manual select tows really well.
What is the price difference between the two on the JKU? Too lazy to go look.

Old 07-11-14, 07:56 AM

Think its about R15-20k difference if i remember correctly from January.

still a bargain.

Old 07-11-14, 08:07 AM

Quote:

still a bargain.
OK, let's say R20k.

We've done 100,000km in 3 years. Yes, 39 months to be more precise.

So if we say the Penta does 12L/100 on average, and the 2.8CRD does 10L/100 on average, would that be fair?

So at average prices for the year, about a saving of R26 per 100?

I would have saved R26,000 by now and paid off the difference between the Penta and the CRD.
Since neither me or LekkerLaf drive like street racers, the CRD would have been just as nice as the Penta.

Wow what a great thing basic mathematics can be.

Old 07-11-14, 08:27 AM
Commercial Member

Once again, each to his own.

johanp@fury.co.za
4xfury@fury.co.za

Old 07-11-14, 08:34 AM

Quote:
OK, let's say R20k.

So if we say the Penta does 12L/100 on average, and the 2.8CRD does 10L/100 on average, would that be fair?

I would have saved R26,000 by now and paid off the difference between the Penta and the CRD.
Since neither me or LekkerLaf drive like street racers, the CRD would have been just as nice as the Penta.

Good things this maths you are refering too.

But i didnt buy CRD for fuel saving. I just love diesels. And I hate petrol unless its a nice big V8.

I grew up with diesels and wont easily go to petrol. Even on smaller card.

Old 07-11-14, 08:54 AM

Quote:
OK, let's say R20k.

The only problem is that difference in price is a whopping R 55 000.00

http://www.jeep.co.za/prices.html#.VFxrf_mUcsA

Sigmund Freud

Old 07-11-14, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Good things this maths you are refering too.

But i didnt buy CRD for fuel saving. I just love diesels. And I hate petrol unless its a nice big V8.

I grew up with diesels and wont easily go to petrol. Even on smaller card.
I don't have a preference, and I don't mind either petrol or diesel, whatever deliver the goods at the best price, and in this case it is the 3.6.

Sigmund Freud

Old 07-11-14, 09:02 AM

Rubi V6 is R511 and the CRD Sahara is R544

but its not about the money

Old 07-11-14, 09:02 AM

Quote:
The only problem is that difference in price is a whopping R 55 000.00

http://www.jeep.co.za/prices.html#.VFxrf_mUcsA
Well that means my sums are good to show then that the CRD isn't a viable option even at high mileage at that price.

But I'd still pay for the TDV6..............

Old 07-11-14, 09:34 AM

Quote:

still a bargain.
That's not quite accurate. the price difference is almost 60K (on New models).

3.6 Sahara = 490
2.8 Sahara CRD = 544

(Ok Never mind - I am slow this morning...)

2014 JEEP JKU Rubicon
JKA Front Stubby Bumper, 285/70/17 Maxxis Big Horns

Previous: 2009 + 2013 Wrangler Sahara 2.8 CRD

Last edited by Gwakie; 07-11-14 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-11-14, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwakie View Post
(Ok Never mind - I am slow this morning...)
I was just going to point this out..........

R50k is silly. No wonder they don't sell them. WTF are they thinking?

Old 07-11-14, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I was just going to point this out..........

R50k is silly. No wonder they don't sell them. WTF are they thinking?
Yep - and if you do the math like you pointed out, the CRD doesn't make financial sense if you're choice was based on "economical' reasons.

2014 JEEP JKU Rubicon

Old 07-11-14, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Yep - and if you do the math like you pointed out, the CRD doesn't make financial sense if you're choice was based on "economical' reasons.
I haven't driven a CRD so I also don't know if the added torque at low revs is such a game-breaker. Add to that the high mileage issues with the CRD compared to the Penta, as well as the fact that there is no CRD for the Rubi, and I think I know what we will buy in 2 years............

Old 07-11-14, 10:05 AM

Quote:
100% correct, it doesn't make economical sense to buy the CRD, and that is easy to prove.

Performance wise it also doesn't make sense, although I understand this is a bit subjective and therefore difficult to substantiate, but I've owned both, and my reason for buying the CRD was specifically for towing.

I thought the 470nm torque of the turbo CRD would make an excellent tow vehicle, but it was terrible, so I traded it on the 3.6 which tows the same trailer over the same route like a dream.

Sigmund Freud

Old 07-11-14, 10:12 AM

I had the T6 470nm ford and wasnt happy with the towing. Then drove a 3.6 with the same caravan and the CRD. The CRD was alot better than both.

So its alot to do with perceptions and personal preference.

Old 07-11-14, 10:20 AM

Quote:
100% correct, it doesn't make economical sense to buy the CRD, and that is easy to prove.

Performance wise it also doesn't make sense, although I understand this is a bit subjective and therefore difficult to substantiate, but I've owned both, and my reason for buying the CRD was specifically for towing.

I thought the 470nm torque of the turbo CRD would make an excellent tow vehicle, but it was terrible, so I traded it on the 3.6 which tows the same trailer over the same route like a dream.
And you don't need to add 2 Stroke Oil to a 3.6 to make it better...

On a serious note, all my previous Jeep's were CRD's and I really cant say anything negative about it - performance or reliability - experienced no issues with either.

I only just moved over to the 3.6 so its a bit too soon for a proper comparison for me - but so far am extremely happy with the 3.6.

2014 JEEP JKU Rubicon

Old 07-11-14, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I had the T6 470nm ford and wasnt happy with the towing. Then drove a 3.6 with the same caravan and the CRD. The CRD was alot better than both.

So its alot to do with perceptions and personal preference.
I don't think its perception, the CRD might be really beter in your case, because you are in Witbank, high altitude=low air pressure.

The turbo might give the CRD an advantage over the 3.6, which is not true in my case living at the coast.

Sigmund Freud

Old 07-11-14, 10:42 AM

I only tow going to the coast.

Your life = my holiday.

Old 07-11-14, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I only tow going to the coast.

Your life = my holiday.
Ek het simpatie, ek is oorspronklik van Bloem.

Sigmund Freud