KIA Sportage Spacer lift

Default KIA Sportage Spacer lift

Hi.
    Here are drawings and pictures of the KIA Sportage spacer lift (model 1998-2003). I would recommend that you make the rear spacer 60mm and not 40mm as indicated. The 40mm spacer will lift the IFS with about 60-70mm. To get the rear level the rear spacer must be at least 60mm high.

The rear shock mounting must also be moved the same amount as the length of your spacer or you will loose wheel travel.

Installation took about 3 hours for the front. Rear ones are fast.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hendrik
    2.5HP Triton

Are the front and rear spacers the same construction, just a different length?

Excellent! What is the finish on the parts? Powdercoat?

Did you physically measure the stud spacings and made the parts or did you find measurements online somewhere?
    Herman Bellville
    2005 Kia Sorento EX 2.5diesel Coil Lift Kit, Body Lit Kit, 4mm Bash Plate, Rock Sliders, Wheel Spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellas View Post
    Excellent! What is the finish on the parts? Powdercoat?

Did you physically measure the stud spacings and made the parts or did you find measurements online somewhere?
    I just painted it with black anti rust paint.

I got the drawings as is, did no measuring. But most spacers for coil over shock will look similar. At that will really change is the inside diameter and the shock mounting bolt spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantus View Post
    Are the front and rear spacers the same construction, just a different length?
    No, the rear ones just fit under the spring, plain and simple. The front ones bolt onto the top of your front dampers.
    Hendrik
    2.5HP Triton

Cool post.

There is no Flex like Jeep Flex!

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

The fronts are very similar to what I sell worldwide. I don't put the 3 support pieces in the front spacers. Have never had one fail yet and they have been on several sportages for over 7 years.
    I replace the rear springs with Jeep TJ Wrangler springs because the stock springs have a tendency to break.
    Nice write up!

Everet
    96 4 door Sportage. 4 door is lifted 4" UPYOURKIA front lift kit and 3" body lift. 265 75 16 Treadwright MAD DOG tires, twin 16" electric fans, SPAL_PWM. 1995 SOHC Transmission and Transfer case. Kevlar Clutch. Set up for hunting.
    2000 2 door Sportage daily driver.

Default Lift Kit

... hmmm ....

Somewhere on one of the earlier posts on this there are pics of my white Longbody Spacers.... they are quite detailed - I jacked the car up to take them. I must re-post them on this thread

The difference in lift height is more marked on the 'Longbody, (you have a longer rear overhang)

Another problem I have found with the 'short' back springs is the effect it has on the caster - it tends to rake the front shocks out giving it a less precise high speed steering (it wanders) - effect is much worse with 30 x 9.50 tyres I am running so I need to level the car out....

I have a a set of Jeep TJ springs in my garage (3.5" I think) - I must just get round to fitting them. I need new Bump Stops too...

I suspect it will be better to lengthen the Panhard Rod and fit RAV Rear Shocks at the same time!

Ian

Hi
    I got my spacers last week and took Thursday off to fit them. A friend (he owns a Landy workshop) helped me with the fitment.
    The front spacers are 40mm and back 50mm. I still have to make the extension brackets (for the shocks at back) and do a wheel alignment.
    It took us a few hours to install, but I must say, worth it.
    We first installed the back spacers. What is worth mentioning is that the coil did not fit “over” the “extended pipe section” of the spacer. We had to grind the inside of the coil a little bit to fit over the “pipe section”. I just wonder now whether there might be a difference in diameter between the top and bottom of the coil and if so whether they checked both sides before grinding. Secondly I would have preferred for the “pipe section” to be a bit longer to prevent the coil from “jumping “ out under extreme conditions.
    The front spacers took a bit longer to fit. At the end we struggled the most with realigning all in place to be able to fit the bolts and nuts.
    The threads posted on this forum helped a lot. Thanks guys.
    A few links:

Default Hey all made myself some of these spacers

Hi all, I got myself some of these spacers lazer cut and fabricated, went with 40mm front, 52mm rear, here's the result with 31 10.50 15 tyres on 15"x8" rims

Sorry this picture should have been on the previous post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Waar kry ek die mates sodat ek vir my sulke spacers kan laat maak, ek het mnrvermaak se tegniese tekeninge geprint maar daar is geen mates nie

Dis meneer tyres daai op die Kia, skuur dit nie baie tydens 4x4 nie? Hoe lyk jou brandstofverbruik?

André

Andre, I have a drawing I used to have mine made. PM me you email address and I'll send it to you

Armand,can you please send me the drawings too if you still have them. Will send you a pm wih my email thanx

Fitted my spacers today
    Back ones were really easy,the front ones wasnt to bad but getting that bolt back that holds that fork from the shock was a b#@$h!!!
    Did you guys put a spacer in for the anti roll bar or just leave it out?

Screwed up one of my cv boots so guess what im doing tomorrow
    But thats part of the fun i reckon.

Replaced the broken boot
    Then i gave the antiroll bar another try and it fitsI tried to put it back yesterday-while the one wheel was still in the air-lekker dom!!

At full lift the boot JUST clears the shockmount-hope it wont eat it when playing.

hi can any one tell me wer i can get a manual gearbox for my 2002 kia sportage in cape town or if your no wot gearbox i can use as a replacement thax

Default Re: KIA Sportage Spacer lift

http://dtbspares.co.za/content/our-s...FQQq0wodzo0Agw

engin en gearboxes korea vehicles