New Nissan Hardbody NP300 2.5TDI D/C Workhorse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default New Nissan Hardbody NP300 2.5TDI D/C Workhorse

Morning Guys, i have the oppotunity to get A new Nissan at cost price about R212.000,now its a great deal i can get but do not know much about this vechile,can you guys give some details. I know its entry level but whats this Bakkie like to drive and what is the interior/comfort like on this Bakkie, whats the KM per litre and what problems have you guys encountered if any..Plus i cannot find a picture of this entry level D/C i can find Pic of the top end hardbodies but nothing else...

Thanks Nick. (Bakkie Virgin)
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell

"If you know his father and grandfather, don't worry about his son".

I know what I would do.!
    If its a 4x4 Ofcourse.
    Last edited by OFFROAD ADDICT; 2011/09/14 at 07:40 AM.

Please tell me more....what would you do...if you own one please give some details. I can get the 4x2 or 4x4 (a bit more money) But in genreral whats thsi Bakkie like as an everyday drive.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell

perfect, buy it. Anything else is 60k more.
    Property developers: Domestic and commercial. Foundation to finished product.
    Security products: CCTV [HD] ,Dash cams, Electric fencing, Gates, Automation.
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application modifications
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive and Security drivers training worldwide
    herman@angeloffroad.co.za
    +27824453301

Have a look here http://www.nissan.co.za/en/web/model...4852591944.htm

The spec is the same as the single cab workhorse.

It doesn't have central locking, it has vinyl seats and vinyl flooring instead of carpet. It does have air-con. Doesn't have colour coded wheel arches and bumpers. Steel wheels and not alloys. The comfort will probably be the same as the NP300 - Hi Rider. It is not 4x4.

Depending what you want to use it for it should be fine. The Diesel has more than enough power and should be fuel efficient. It has a derated version of the 2.5 Navara engine. List price is R243200 so you are getting a good deal.
    Deon Viljoen
    Boyscout [U]
    2012 Land Rover Defender 90 22 D S/W .
    2012 Renault Koleos 2.5i

2005 D2 XS TD5 Auto sold at 189000km
    2003 D2 GS TD5 Auto sold at 165000km
    1999 D2 GS V8 Auto sold at 178000km

You need to supply us with some more details like year model, engine capacity, petrol or diesel, etc but if you can get a 4x4 I don't think you will be sorry but give us all the info then we can answer you.

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride & shift expectations.
    1999 Nissan Hardbody (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Boyscout View Post
    Have a look here http://www.nissan.co.za/en/web/model...4852591944.htm

The spec is the same as the single cab workhorse.

It doesn't have central locking, it has vinyl seats and vinyl flooring instead of carpet. It does have air-con. Doesn't have colour coded wheel arches and bumpers. Steel wheels and not alloys. The comfort will probably be the same as the NP300 - Hi Rider. It is not 4x4.

Depending what you want to use it for it should be fine. The Diesel has more than enough power and should be fuel efficient. It has a derated version of the 2.5 Navara engine. List price is R243200 so you are getting a good deal.

Thanks, this is good Info, So in short its a good Bakkie but very few creature comforts... I will use it as a everyday drive, to and from work then at weekends to take family to holiday home no off road stuff...but my budget does not allow me to get into the higher end market,just need to know what its like comfort wise and spec wise, i am going through to check it out in the next couple days,but do not know what i am looking at really its all new to me, electric windows/aircon/airbags/ABS/power steering i am guessing is all standard.....no central locking do they have alarms/mobiliser....How many litres to the hundred?

sweetlips the Bakkie is Nissan Hardbody NP300 2.5TDI D/C Workhorse K11 model.
    James Boswell

It's small inside
    Nissan Navara v9x
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 - - Sold.
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

Heimrich Swart

Quote Originally Posted by Swartjan View Post
    It's small inside
    I have two kids who need booster seats, is it too small for that or is it big enough for small kids in the back.
    James Boswell

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas View Post
    Please tell me more....what would you do...if you own one please give some details. I can get the 4x2 or 4x4 (a bit more money) But in genreral whats thsi Bakkie like as an everyday drive.
    If I were you I would go for the 2.4i double cab 4x4. It is very good value for money if you are looking at new vehicles. Unfortunately the diesel model is not available in 4x4.
    Deon Viljoen
    Boyscout [U]
    2012 Renault Koleos 2.5i

it is rather small at the back but booster seats will fit dont worry. it is a very comfortable for long hauls and drives great. for that price it is a fantastic deal. also dont worry about the black bumper and wheel arches, steel wheels and central locking that can be sorted in a few months time, then the bakkie will be lekker personalized to your tastes.
    "Blue Thunder"

Gert Ferreira

2004 Hardbody 3.3 V6 D/C 4x4 SEL
    Echo4 trailer
    Forum Radio No: 1052

I have two kids who need booster seats, is it too small for that or is it big enough for small kids in the back.
    The back seats are more than big enough for children of that size. I am 1.98m tall so my head presses against the roof and there is nowhere for my right knee too go(its jammed between the door & the steering wheel). If you are shorter than me than none of this is a problem but compared too my triton, it's tiny.
    Nissan Navara v9x
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

Heimrich Swart

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeZA View Post
    it is rather small at the back but booster seats will fit dont worry. it is a very comfortable for long hauls and drives great. for that price it is a fantastic deal. also dont worry about the black bumper and wheel arches, steel wheels and central locking that can be sorted in a few months time, then the bakkie will be lekker personalized to your tastes.
    Gert pm jou nommer gou vi my asb.
    Nissan Navara v9x
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost

Heimrich Swart

Too small is relative. It compares well with the other double cabs out there. I have two kids 9 and 12 and they are fine in the back. I am fairly tall 1.86 and don't have the seat all the way back. Comfort wise it is more than comfortable enough and I have travelled fairly long distances with no issues.

Economy wise I can only speak for the petrol 2.4 and I;m really surprised at the economy. as can be seen on my fully link I have so far achieved an average of 12.4l/100km. this is skewed a bit as I also tow a caravan at times. the last 10 tanks or so I had a fuel consumption of around 11.5l/100 and a best of 10.9. this is daily work and back in traffic. Highway use is a different story though and If you intend on travelling at more than 120km/h the consumption starts suffering.

Hope this helps
    Deon Viljoen
    Boyscout [U]
    2012 Renault Koleos 2.5i

Thanks guys begining to get a picture of the Bakkie now, anymore info will be a bonus thanks again..

Whats the Diesel Engine like..........anyone with any major problems to report
    James Boswell

sorry cant help with the diesel as i only have petrol vehicles
    "Blue Thunder"

Gert Ferreira

2004 Hardbody 3.3 V6 D/C 4x4 SEL
    Echo4 trailer
    Forum Radio No: 1052

Wow boyscout, thats very good consumption. Way better than my 2006. I average just under 8 km/l.

As for space Nicholas, the front seats are comparable to most other bakkies, however, compared to say the Isuzu or Hilux the back seat has a lot less space. However, it is spacious enough for 4 people to take a trip to Namibia and back, assuming regular rotation. The 2.5 TD is apparently a very capable engine, however, take it for a test drive. Thats the only way you can be sure it meets your requirements.
    2006 Nissan Hardbody D/C 2.4i 4x4. Wildcat branches + 57 mm freeflow + unichip. Continental Grabber A/T 265/70/R16.

I'd go for it. I have a small child and it is perfect for the family. I'm 1.83 m tall and find it very comfy. Negatives so far for me are the tailgate does not lock, so you may want to get a canopy that can lock over the tailgate if you want to keep things safe in the bak.
    Also if you're going put in a sound system the rear speakers play into the seats.

I want to keep mine for a long time so I went with the 4x4. I'm loving the Hardbody more and more though. It's growing on me! I'd try to see if I could get a petrol 4x4 but if not I'd buy that one as you're not going to be losing much on it if you want to upgrade in a year or two.
    2004 Nissan Hardbody D/C 4x4 2.4 16v
    2011 Suzuki Jimny

Nissans are generally good value for money. A good product.
    OFFROAD ADDICT says , If you look after it, it will look after you .

ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

Default New Nissan Hardbody NP300 2.5TDI D/C Workhorse

Good
    • NP300: Good, basic, honest vehicle.
    • Can't buy more grunt for that money, in D/C
    • For the money I'd rather buy the NP300 than any of the Fong Kong bakkies.
    • Unlike all other Nissans (except Z & GTR) it is a Nissan, not a re-badged Renault or Dacia.
    • Motor is a de-tuned version of the motor in Navara & Pathfinder.
    Bad
    • It's not a Toyota or Isuzu, but then, what else is?
    • Steering doesn't adjust.
    • Scissors Jack is a waste of time as, fully extended, it does not reach the bottom of the vehicle.
    • Interior looks stripped out (& is).
    • No ABS or Airbags.
    • Needs bigger wheels & tyres - try spec that pre-delivery.
    PS, Nicolas, your Avatar sucks!
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2011/09/14 at 07:07 PM.
    Mad Manny

2010 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4.

www.4x4actiongroup.co.za
    "Until the lion learns how to write, every story will glorify the hunter" - African saying

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast