Forum Geocaching? - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Am looking for some help getting started - Durban-based.
    ========================================
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 2009, 3.8 V6
    BF Goodrich KM2
    Pirelli Scorpion ATRs

Simply go to www.geocaching.com and read up on how it all works (it's easy to navigate around the site), then register on the site (it's free), and go to "Play" and find a geocache close to you to go and find.
    It's really easy - just go to the website and start exploring...
    If you're wanting to know which are quite nice caches in the Durban area, i would recommend some of these:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-3a3416e61175
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-23156cd821dc
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-53cf98102ddb
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-7a6eda7844e4
    Cheers
    red wine, nature and photography are my hobbies
    www.ralton.co.za

Thumbs up geocashing coool

we have been doing GC form March 2011,
    It is great and a lot of fun.
    We are still condiddering the premium membership, but for the moment, we just copy and paste the notes.
    it is a must for every GPS owner.

Default Geocaching Event

Hi all,

You are invited to join us on a CITO event on this coming Saturday:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...b-1451034836cf

and

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-f4a2c4a055aa

please feel free to join us. It would be nice to meet you.

Love to but that is a bit too far from CT. Good to see these kinds of events being held

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Garmin owners can now have 30 days free Premium membership for every unit they have, existing Premium can extend their membership for 30 days
    http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx

Ek het ook onlangs begin (Soek-soek). Darem al 9 gevind. Ons het een by de Wildt geplaas maar dis nog nie aktief nie. Laas naweek was ons by Walter Sisulu Botaniese tuine en het die geologiese staproete aangepak ('n lekker klim teen die bergie uit) en twee caches gekry en daarna 'n interessante Earthcache gedoen, ook in die tuine.

Ek hou net glad nie van die caches wat in parkeerareas en sentrums en sulke openbare plekke geplaas is nie so ek doen hulle nie net om caches op my kerfstok te he nie. Party ouens is heel ernstig en jaag heeltyd net rekords. Ek't al gehoor van 'n ou wat sy foon op alert het sodat hy kan sien as nuwe caches gepubliseer word dan staan hy sommer 2 uur in die oggend op en gaan soek dit net om nog 'n "First to Find" onder sy naam te kan skryf. 'n klein bietjie "over the top" vir my, maar nouja caching is nogal "Highly Addictive" soos "Ralton" s.

Miskien moet ons op hierdie "sticky" laat weet as jy iewers wil gaan cache en dalk iemand soek om saam te gaan. Dis veral lekker om by plekke soos De Wildt en Hennops saam met iemand te gaan cache.
    '02 Toyota Prado 3.0 td VX, SAC intercooler, Kumho KL78 A/T's. DIY roofrack and rack system.
    "Good judgement come from experience, experience come from bad judgement"

I'm planning my sons 11th b/day part around this. Not sure of the format yet, but I think all the kids to come to our place. I will have some clues and riddles for them to get us started on the way and then maybe a navigation by clues to get us there. Find the cache and return for the rest of the party at home.

Garrie
    Defender 110 TD5 CSW 18P engine loving every moment driving it !!!!!
    Suzuki Jimny with custom made rack and drawers view here - Sold
    Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution...
    GP0023

Ons as familie is ook lekker in die ding - "Martin&Carolyn"
    217 gevind - 3 geplaas

Nommer 200

Last edited by Dual; 2012/07/11 at 06:49 PM.

Ons is ook al 'n tydjie in die storie. Het dit net bietjie baie af geskeep die laaste ruk.
    Team_ToBea (Tobias & Bea) sal seker binnekort weer begin rond soek :-)

Ons het 1 nano in Kimberley, maar dit kort bietjie aandag en almal wat ons daar geken het is weg...

Vandag weer twee in Stellenbosch gekry - lekker sports

Talking MEGA SA - 5 to 7 Oct 2012

Have you registered for the Mega event being held in Pta?
    Looks like great fun. I know some of the teams going.

It will be the weekend just before my bday and we are looking at going away for the week, if we have the new 4x4. So our plan would be, MEGA SA on the Sat then leave for a week in the bush.

(now to find that gps, still packed away in some box after the last move)
    Tobias de V. Jansen van Noordwyk

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves

Hi Team_ToBea, we are team Soek-soek. We also registered for the Mega in Oct, it's right on our doorstep afterall. Maybe the forum cachers should do a little GTG there. I want to do all the caches in Hennops 4x4 trail (I think about 14 in total) some day and is looking for fellow cachers with 4x4's to join me. Maybe we could organise something together.
    '02 Toyota Prado 3.0 td VX, SAC intercooler, Kumho KL78 A/T's. DIY roofrack and rack system.

Quote Originally Posted by WernerS View Post
    Hi Team_ToBea, we are team Soek-soek. We also registered for the Mega in Oct, it's right on our doorstep afterall. Maybe the forum cachers should do a little GTG there. I want to do all the caches in Hennops 4x4 trail (I think about 14 in total) some day and is looking for fellow cachers with 4x4's to join me. Maybe we could organise something together.
    As alles goed gaan behoort ons die 4x4 voor my verjaarsdag en daai naweek te h.
    Voor dan gaan ek beslis nie met die platkar iewers kom nie... Hehehe
    (Nog nooit 4x4 gedoen nie)

Ons kan beslis 'n plan maak.
    Dink 'n klein GTG kan werk.
    Dink daai dag/naweek gaan pret wees.

Team ToBea = [To]ias en [Bea]

Hi Tobias,
    Jy moet laat weet sodra jy jou 4x4 het dan gaan doen ons daai caches in Hennops, dit kan sommer 'n lekker 4x4 intro wees vir jou!!! PM my as ek dalk nie die thread sien nie. Ek dink ons moet dalk vir Dirk vra of die caching na "hobbies" toe kan skuif sodat mense dit makliker kan sien. Ons sal nog 'n plan maak met die Mega in Okt.
    Cheers
    Werner

Hi Werner,

Sal beslis so maak.
    Sal vir Dirk 'n PM stuur.

Sien daar's 'n Geocaching Day ook nog die maand.
    Sal nog sien of ons hom kan maak...

so, we did our first geocaching yesterday,at marievale, only found it on the fourth attempt, I think we are going to like this, a lot.I am using a galaxy 8.9 tablet , I think this will work a lot better /easier than my tomtom or Garmin GPS. I might have found a purpous for liking gadgets and maps, and a reason to get out more, exploring the surroundings where we go camping and doing photography.PS. we also have a landy to get us to remote places.

IMHO a phone or tab GPS is not very accurate. I have tried to use my TAB in the USA to find caches but found it to be a pain in the ........
    I invested in a Montana 600 and found it to be a fine unit. You can do your caching paperless and it is very accurate.
    The nice thing about the Montana is that has different profiles. When it is in its car mount it works like a nuvi and as soon as you remove it it switches over to geocaching mode. It is nice.
    Julle ouens moet hier in die Vaal Driehoek kom cache. Ons her "proud" onself in die kwaliteit van ons caches. Dis nie sommmer net neer geplak nie. Ons jaag nie numbers nie maar steef vir kwalitiet bo kwantiteit!

I might have found a purpose for liking gadgets and maps, and a reason to get out more, exploring the surroundings where we go camping and doing photography
    Geocaching has taken me places I did not know exist. It is a nice family orientated hobby/sport and a very nice bunch of people that do it. DO try an attend some events to meet some of the people if you can.
    Quintus van der Merwe
    Vereeniging, SA
    2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.8 diesel
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT 4x4 6AT Diesel
    1966 Jeep Gladiator 5.7L V8 Chevi Auto
    1953 JeepCJ3B

We used to cache with both our Nuvi 200 and SWAMBO with her Nuvi205 and there was very few caches that we could not locate with them. I got a Dakota 20 for a bargain and now use it for caching and my Nuvi 2495 (which is crap for caching) to get close to locations. I lost my 200 while caching, SWAMBO left it on the bumper while we were climbing a tree to get to a cache, I reversed to get back on the road and it probably fell off, so goodbye Nuvi!!! I like the Dakota's size, the compass and the Geocaching tab. I also use Cache Sense on my BB to locate caches that I haven't downloaded previously to my Dakota. Vansubsea, looks like the Montana is a perfect caching tool!!!
    Ek wil nog daar rond in die Vaaldriehoek kom cache, daar is 'n hele paar interessante caches as ek op die kaart kyk. Die lang naweek in Sept is ek oppad na Magoebaskloof vir 'n caching naweek, ek dink dit gaan ook kwaliteit caches wees as ek na die "locations" en "logs" kyk. Ek wil ook die pub binne in die baobab boom besoek, daar's ook 'n cache.
    Vansubsea, beplan jy om die Mega in Okt by te woon?
    Happy hunting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WernerS View Post
    I lost my 200 while caching,
    That's funny - it reminds me of the time i was searching for the "twinstreams" cache up the KZN coast, scratching around in the bush, when a branch bumped my specs off... i couldn't find my specs or the cache after that...
    red wine, nature and photography are my hobbies
    www.ralton.co.za

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast