Forum Geocaching? - Page 10

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pahero View Post
    I have known about caching for some time now and is very interrested in starting. Scanning the thred I dont see the question asked yet. What is a good all rounder gps for geocaching? Want to buy the right thing first time.
    Hi Pahero, I use a Dakota 20 for finding caches on foot, it's very accurate and have a compass so you know exactly in which direction to walk. It also has a Geocache function so you download caches to the gps and you can just go through all the caches it shows, description, hints, logs etc. We cached for a long time with an old Nuvi 200 and found most caches. The Nuvi 500 is a very good allround road and caching gps as it also have the geocache function and a compass.
    '02 Toyota Prado 3.0 td VX, SAC intercooler, Kumho KL78 A/T's. DIY roofrack and rack system.
    "Good judgement come from experience, experience come from bad judgement"

I have known about caching for some time now and is very interrested in starting. Scanning the thred I dont see the question asked yet. What is a good all rounder gps for geocaching? Want to buy the right thing first time.
    Have a look at this thread
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Cape Town Weather and Imagery

First weekend of geocaching. 3 searches. 3 finds. Yay. Amazed at the accuracy of my s4. 2 meters for al 3 finds.
    Gert Jansen van Vuuren

will try and do about 4 when we go fishing in namibia end of the month
    "Blue Thunder"
    Gert Ferreira
    2004 Hardbody 3.3 V6 D/C 4x4 SEL
    Echo4 trailer
    Forum Radio No: 1052

First weekend of geocaching. 3 searches. 3 finds. Yay. Amazed at the accuracy of my s4. 2 meters for al 3 finds.
    2 Meters is nothing, great stuff man!! What app did you get? I have Cachesense on my BB which is good for getting info of caches but the BB's compass is too damn slow.
    '02 Toyota Prado 3.0 td VX, SAC intercooler, Kumho KL78 A/T's. DIY roofrack and rack system.

Also have cashsense. I only used the map. Worked well for me.
    Gert Jansen van Vuuren

Go caching in Heidelberg! It is 40km from Joburg and there are a few MEAN puzzle caches by TeamDJ! (Hint, solve the puzzles before you go caching.) There are a few puzzle box caches that must be solved at the caching spot (Puzzle box Series) and then a few normal caches. Many of them are in the "koppie" overlooking heidelberg and I have driven (offroad) to some of them. The alternative is that you walk.....
    There is also a number of caches in the "Suikerbosrand game reserve" just outside of Heidelberg. That makes for a full day of caching and you can take a Picnic mantjie with. there is two stopping points that has picnic facilities. There is also a number of walking routes through the reserve. Lots of fun!!!! Enjoy (en as jy vas brand, bel my. Ek het al meeste v hulle gedoen.)
    "Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened." Billy Graham

We did Suikerbosrand in one trip and Heidelberg self on another trip when they had their first event(GTG) there.

It will be difficult do both comfortably in one day unless you do some real speed caching

Suikerbosrand has a few that involve a lot of walking so lots of time gets lost there. The reserve itself was a bit of a disappointment though as almost all the game was concentrated near the south western part of the reserve. We almost saw more game from the R42 than inside!!! But the caching was lots of fun though. Just remember, most roads in the reserve is a one way and you should plan your caching route according to that. Enter from the R50 and exit at the R57 otherwise you might end up driving in circles. It's a pity that the beautiful holiday resort inside were closed down.

We did Heidelberg on a rainy day but luckily we were with other teams so most of those puzzle boxes were quickly solved. Some of them were very tricky to open. We were soaking wet by the end of the day but had lots of fun along with some of the other teams that we met on the day.

So our name (Soek-soek) is also on most log sheets except for a few new ones that I see and a couple we didn't have time for.

Het ook nou met die hele Geocaching begin...

My Geocache naam is stephan.rossouw

Moet nog my eerste een gaan soek.
    REMOVED

2010 Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D 4x4 D/C A/T Legend 40

Vandag vir die eerste keer in meer as 18 maande gecache. Het darm so 11 kon kry. Ek het dit reggekry om trip van Postmasburg - Orkney (500km) in 13&1/2 ure te doen. Het maar plek plek sukkel gegaan met die beseerde knieg, maar was great fun gewees.
    2002 WJ Jeep GC Overland 4.7 V8 - Vetpret
    JP Ehlers

Quote Originally Posted by ehlersjohann View Post
    Vandag vir die eerste keer in meer as 18 maande gecache. Het darm so 11 kon kry. Ek het dit reggekry om trip van Postmasburg - Orkney (500km) in 13&1/2 ure te doen. Het maar plek plek sukkel gegaan met die beseerde knieg, maar was great fun gewees.
    Ek het gesien jy was hier in ons omgewing. Die Hansie & Grietjie caches is ons s'n.
    1997 Cherokee 4.0l auto, OME 2" lift, Gearmax Mod 84 diffs front & back, ARB front bumper
    Jurgens XT75

Quote Originally Posted by WernerM View Post
    Ek het gesien jy was hier in ons omgewing. Die Hansie & Grietjie caches is ons s'n.

Ek het nogals gister vir swambo ges ek is seker daarvan dat Hansie & Grietjie ook op die forum is. Daai Weskanaal Beacon het gesorg vir baie seerplekke en lekker lag met my af knieg. Swambo het so gelag toe ek gat oor kop af is, gelukkig het die Jeep naby gestaan om my spoed te keer.

Engagement hill is baie mooi. Net jammer ek lees te laat die hint van die draad. Het kennis gemaak met al die haak en steek bosse wat daar was. Ek wil probeer om Sondag weer so om te ry om die ander caches wat ons gemis het ook te doen, maar sover wil swambo ander pad omry. (Dalk is sy bang vir nog 13 uur trip)
    2002 WJ Jeep GC Overland 4.7 V8 - Vetpret
    JP Ehlers

hey , are you okes still caching?

i am currently on 675 found. but it has been going a bit slow lately.
    went camping at Augrabies national park last week , and found 2x caches while doing a bit of hiking.
    got most of the info to do one of the earth caches , but i am not fond of these.

and voila , c:geo's compass works again , it has been messing around for the better part of 2 years.
    two weeks ago we did a cache in Parys , the one in the middle of the river .

i tried my sony Z3 compact out for the first time caching two weeks ago, a waterproof phone works well when crossing a river on foot , us cachers are a bit crazy at times.
    1997 defender 90 300tdi
    2006 discovery 3 tdv6 S
    2010 polo vivo ( swambo )

LROC - member since 2007

Last edited by marcus d90; 2015/03/18 at 09:21 PM. Reason: double posting
    1997 defender 90 300tdi
    2006 discovery 3 tdv6 S

LROC - member since 2007

Hi guys. I startes geocaching today. Going to look for a few finds in Bloem today. Very excited!

check ons nuwe GEOCOIN , vandag opgetel.

wie sou kon raai ons hou van Land Rovers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1997 defender 90 300tdi
    2006 discovery 3 tdv6 S

LROC - member since 2007

Also do geocaching and looking forward to doing some in Chile at the end of the year

Nuvi 3670LT
    MacBook Pro
    iPhone5S

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny2014 View Post
    Hi guys. I startes geocaching today. Going to look for a few finds in Bloem today. Very excited!
    What is your geocaching name?
    2011 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    2008 Lexus IS250
    Jaco

BeardedMary

Ek's sommer nou sommer bietjie vies. Ek het 'n trackable geotag wat in 2013 tydens die Gariep GTG op loop gesit was. Sy naam is "Caching memoires" 'n 1GB USB memory stick waar elke ou wat hom kry 'n mooi cahing foto op hom laai sodat almal wat hom later ontdek kan foto's sien van waar hy was. Iewers in die Kaap het die memory stick weg geraak maar 'n vriendelike Geocacher het dit vir my vervang. Toe later laat waai die geotag oorsee na Amerika en 22942km's later het hy op Mckinak eiland in Lake Superior ge-eindig. Hy was nog geplaas op 2 Jul 2014 maar is nou blykbaar weg. Ek is nogal jammer daaroor want ek sou graag wou sien hoeveel km's ver hy kon gaan. Ek het gedink as hy dit net oorsee maak behoort hy veilig te wees, maar toe nou nie. Dit was altyd lekker om al die interessante plekke waar hy toer te gaan bekyk op Google Earth. Ek sal maar bietjie wag en dalk probeer om 'n duplikaat tag nommer te kry.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast