Tips to new members!! - Page 8

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Default new member

Hello all you ou members,
    here I am, Ingrid. Born in the TVL, bred in the Karoo and CT....schooled in CT and living on a dot in the deep south pacific.
    Forgive me for my tardy introduction, but out here social graces are somewhat forgotten.
    I polish up well though and ek moet net nou mooi :"dag se, almal".

Default New Member - Spartel

Hi Everyone.

I finally took the plunge and joined the 4x4 community. Lots of extremely knowledgeable Members here. I plan to buy myself a proper 4x4 soon so this is the best place to ask questions and get advice.

Default Looking for advice

My name is Al. I was born and raised in Africa (born in Jo'burg but raised in Zambia) but live now in the States. I have returned to Africa on several occasions for riding and photographic safaris and have traveled overland from Nairobi to Cape Town. I'm planning to return next year and want to do an extended overland trip exploring the more remote areas of Zambia. I'm looking for suggestions for the perfect self contained 4x4 RV for the trip and would appreciate any suggestions this forum has to offer. I'd like to purchase the vehicle in SA and then drive north through Namibia and into Zambia via the Caprivi Strip. After Zambia I'll probably head north via Tanzania into Kenya. Any suggestions would be most welcome. Thank you.

Gordons Bay as a base - travelling Africa

Thanks SimonB.

There is a preview button which is really helpful if you are angry about something and posting about it. Sometimes just writing about a thing helps cooling down.
    A post can be edited when something went wrong.

Try not to quote a complete post, specially if its very long. This helps users surfing in the forum via I phone, smartphone etc.
    Copy the text you referring to, click on the quote button (right button above this window) and paste the copied text (quote) HERE (/quote) .

Thanks Dirk, I just had a very good deal with a guy that joined the forum to sell his item. He might have been reading for some time anyway.
    My project www.milasangels.org- Milas Angel's on Facebook - 55 children from Sir Lowry's Pass to love, educate, feed and more
    We need to raise R 150.000 for the upgrade of the facility. Every rand helps

Gordons Bay as a base - travelling Africa

Tip, check the date of the OP (original post) before you post, it might be something first posted 2009 and you might look silly.
    My project www.milasangels.org- Milas Angel's on Facebook - 55 children from Sir Lowry's Pass to love, educate, feed and more
    We need to raise R 150.000 for the upgrade of the facility. Every rand helps

Good day all. Long time stalker here on the forum but decided to join as I've recently bought my first 4x4. Hope to learn more from the people here who all seem knowledgeable and friendly.
    “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not” - Kurt Cobain
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people” - Socrates
    Chicken is basically a vegetable - Me

Welcome Burnie and start shooting ................
    .....I mean if you have an issue.
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer

Default Across the pond new member

Howdy ya'll. I am new to this forum, but not new to Land Rovers. My login name is listed as Reggiebwana, which is the nickname of my '65 109 Dormobile. His real name is Reginald. My children only know him as Reggiebwana. Been in the family since 1985.

My name is Richard. I am a dentist, practicing in Madison, Mississippi (Mi'sippi to those in the know), the very hart of the South. And yes, I have a bit of a drawl. But it's nothin' compared to you fellers.

I came to find this forum in a google search of temperature problems with a TD5 Defender which I own. He is known in these parts as the Black Mamba (Mamba, for short). Yes, I know I have the dreaded Land Rover Disease. My wife is certain it is incurable, and tells me so daily.

Not many TD5 owners here in the USA. Which is why I am so delighted to find this forum. The wealth of practical experience regarding TD5 (and other Landys) listed in the threads intertwined in this forum is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for allowing me aboard.
    Always wished I had a dog named Rover. instead, I ended up with a Rover named Dog.

Welcome Richard
    The landy okes will be here now now
    4x4 action group
    Walter GP0050
    www.gwm4x4club.co.za
    steed 5 porrastreme
    Front bumper|Rear bumper|wheel carrier |rock sliders|full under body protection|snorkel|draw system (oom sarel)|full EFS suspension|2 inch body lift|smash and grab|LED spots|canopy|Front runner roof rack

Welcome Dr Reginald, yes there are plenty of TD5 owners here. Pretty knowledgeable bunch
    Neil

2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L - 2015 Renault Duster 4WD

Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Us Land Rover guys may arrive late, but it's because we understand that life is to be savoured, not rushed!
    Steve
    Jetta 2.0 TDI 2012
    Pajero 3.2 SWB 2009
    Jurgens Xcape
    Jurgens XT140 (For Sale)
    Discovery II TD5 2004 (Sold)
    Mad Man (EMS1)

Talking Introduction

Hi to Everybody,
    Just joined the forum yesterday.
    I am a brand loyal Land Rover lover.
    I am 58 and has been married to my wife Elize for the past 36 years.
    We have 4 Landies in the family,
    L/R Series 1 1958 Station Wagon - in restoration, completion hopefully by September
    L/R Defender 110 TD5 - 2006
    L/R Discovery XS - 2013
    L/R Defender 110 PUMA - Our son David
    We love the outdoors and wildlife photography and spend most of our holidays
    in the Kgalaghadi.
    Have an issue on the XS but will raise it at a later stage.
    Regards,
    Rudolph

Default Welcome

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the forum. Just watch out for some MAD anti Landy people !
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2016 VW Amarok 4motion DC(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Boskriek 567, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha 70hp 4st.

Talking New from Plett

Greetings to all you great outdoor folk. This is my first post. Have been reading the great 4x4 articles for some time but have only recently acquired a VW Transporter 4Motion with an Echo 3 off road trailer. Planning to do a trip to Botswana staying at Chobe River lodge Kasane then go to Kariba Bush Camp from there to Mana pools then back via Livingstone to Vic falls then onto Hwange then back home. Planning to leave +- 25th July back about the 18th August. Anybody interested to join us are more than welcome. Currently we are three vehicles going. Should you require more info let me know.

Default New to the 4x4 world

Hi all I just joined yesterday, i have been a GTI driver all my life. I have now grown up and taken delivery of my 2.2 Ford Ranger 4x4 on Tuesday. can't wait to go test it. Any suggestions on were would be a nice place to start near PTA? How is HEnnops pride for a beginner?

Hier is nog `n nuweling wat al vir so `n maand lank by julle is. Ek bly in die Wes-Kaap, is eitlik `n Namawalander en vrek oor die weskus en is gereeld in Langebaan. Stilbaai sien my ook nou en dan. Ek en ma hou van kamp, vuurmaak en braai met so `n ietsie.
    Jag so af en toe in Thabazimbi se omgewing maar visvang is my swakpunt. Ons is so `n groep van 8 wat elke jaar Henties toe gaan-die groep nou al vir 15 jaar en ek nou net my vierde jaar klaar gemaak. Ek werk nog en is in die Apteek bedryf. Soos baie van ons sal ek graag wil aftree maar kan die stukkie nog nie bekostig nie(lang storie).
    My "pride and joy" is `n 2005 Ranger DC, 2.5 TD XLT, 4X4.
    Gesels graag oor Rangers, visvang (van die strand of van die boot af)

Welkom oudste.Jy het seker al agtergekom almal groet nie terug as jy vir hulle waai nie!Dis mos maar 'n Namakwaland ding
    gerief en krag bo brandstofgebruik
    2007 Nissan Navara 4.0 l 4x4 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by tocin View Post
    Welkom oudste.Jy het seker al agtergekom almal groet nie terug as jy vir hulle waai nie!Dis mos maar 'n Namakwaland ding
    Ja they just blerrie rude man.
    Jeep, there is only one.

Tocin nou wonder ander mense hoekom so baie van hulle depresief is - niemand groet hulle nie. Lekker man!
    kevjones, your missing the point. They would not mind in Johannesburg because they dont understand English. The real "burgers" of that area speak a brand of english that is, shall we say, unique. But, you will search far and wide for better folks.

Default Hello,

Hi All,
    Seems like I offended some people by not introducing myself when I first logged on. My apologies.
    I'm from Amanzimtoti, KZN and am planning on doing some 4x4' ing in the very new future. Never done much before except on a motorbike but I supposed that doesn't count!!
    I'm also loving the Jeeps as my vehicle of choice. Had a Toyota 3.0 D4D but that was kindly taken off my hands by what we call Economic Distribution! (Stolen!). Looking at a 2012-1013 Jeep GC 3.0 CRD in particular.
    Thank you for an awesome site!!!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast