Tips to new members!! - Page 5

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Juan "Bos Toe" Brand View Post
    Bwahahahaha. Moenie worry ou Skimmie, ons sal jou deur sleep!!
    Dankie ou maat, ek weet jy sal!

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the tips, really enjoying the site, have already copied the "list" for a good trek, and keen to learn what my cruiser can do

Default Dave james

I NEED ADVICE.

OWNED 2 DEFENDER 90's PREVIOUSLY, NOW OWN A 2001 DISCO V8..GAS GUZZLER.

WANT TO SELL IT AND BY ANOTHER SHORTY, SUCH AS A PAJERO SWB DiD.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE ON-GROUND DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN THE 120 KW AND THE 140 KW ENGINES. IS THERE A REAL PRACTICAL IMPROVEMENT
    DAVE

Baie Dankie vir jul hulp hoe om ons weg op die Forum te vind.

hi,anyone knows what the warning lighting on a 2009 isuzu dteq 250le means-
    the warning light is red and has liquid driping..or something of the sort,it is not the oil pressure light though

Quote Originally Posted by dteq View Post
    hi,anyone knows what the warning lighting on a 2009 isuzu dteq 250le means-
    the warning light is red and has liquid driping
    If you have liquid dripping from your oil warning light then you have probably overfilled it. Has it damaged the dash?
    Neil

2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L - 2015 Renault Duster 4WD

anyone knows what this warning lighting on a 2009 isuzu dteq 250le means-
    Please help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dteq; 2012/09/06 at 10:44 PM.

Default Tips to new members

That light on your dash is warning you to either post in the 'Vehicle or Technical'section or in the 'Isuzu'section, but NOT in the 'Tips for new members' section...

But while learning about the correct categories, lie under the vehicle around the centre on the LHS.
    You'll see a fuel filter... drain it - it's got water...
    Mad Manny

2010 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4.

www.4x4actiongroup.co.za
    "The Rain must come & Zuma must Go...

Then jump over to the isuzo section and enjoy
    4x4 action group
    www.gwm4x4club.co.za

Nissan navara (camping and family truck)
    Jeep XJ (to make sure fortunes can't follow)
    Triumph tiger 800 (everyday drive)
    Conqueror safari trailer

anyone knows what this warning lighting on a 2009 isuzu dteq 250le means-
    Please help
    There is water in your fuel filter or fuel pump. Drain it from the draining plug at the bottom of the filter or pump.

Otherwise go and ask the question in the Isuzu section and you will get more relevant information

Here is a link: Isuzu Section

PS. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Flagster; 2012/09/07 at 07:43 AM.
    Franz

Land Rover Discovery II Stok Standard
    Venter Bush Baby with a few extras
    Chev Utility Club 1.8 the new workhorse

Thanks for your help guys....and sorry for posting in the wrong section,im new and the site is not user frendly...

Thanks for your help guys....and sorry for posting in the wrong section,im new and the site is not user frendly...
    You're not going to get much more user friendly forums
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Cape Town Weather and Imagery

Hi ek is ook nuut op en ja dit is my eerste forum wat ek op is. My engels kan ek praat maar eish, my spelling stink. As dit n probleem is laat my weet dan sal ek in ingels ook gesels solank julle nie my spelling gaan mind nie. Thanx
    help maar reg waar ek aanjaag en en verkeerd doen, sal dit wardeer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ranger View Post
    Hi ek is ook nuut op en ja dit is my eerste forum wat ek op is. My engels kan ek praat maar eish, my spelling stink. As dit n probleem is laat my weet dan sal ek in ingels ook gesels solank julle nie my spelling gaan mind nie. Thanx
    help maar reg waar ek aanjaag en en verkeerd doen, sal dit wardeer.
    Ons is heeltemal tweetalig, behalwe 'n paar lede uit die buiteland, en behalwe Mad Manny wat bisexual is.

Hi im sebastian

Good evening people , just a quick one who has done the sani pass and how is it , we are just driving it down

Quote Originally Posted by fieberg View Post
    Good evening people , just a quick one who has done the sani pass and how is it , we are just driving it down
    You might be better off posting in the relevant section
    Carpe Diem Scrotum

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Cape Town Weather and Imagery

Help ! Whats an Avatar?, @ 69 (young) I have few problems on how to use the site(?), In fact, how to use a @#%+<>$ computer some days. Have read with interest the rules of the club, albeit 2 weeks too late, (have just found this thread) and hope I have adhered to the spirit of it all. Have not only been amazed at the informatio imparted by fellow members and their helpfulness, but pleasantly surprised at how friendly and easy going it all is. Am an avid 4X4 fan, and wish I had found this site a long time ago. Well done to all involved. Peter Short.

Greetings everyone; Recently joined this forum so let me introduce myself: I live in a small little village on the Cape West-coast, which some of you may know: Lambert’s Bay, best known for cray-fishing and its closeness to the Cedarberg mountains. Retired here some five years ago so some of you could call me ‘Grand-pa’. No matter, my wife and I still love camping and travelling to places a bit off the beaten track. No serious off-roading but visiting the more remote areas of the West-coast, Namaqualand & Namibia. We have just returned from a (camping) trip to the Waterberg-Plateau and Etosha; last year we were all the way up north to Ruacana, then down to Terrace-Bay, Swakop, Sossusvlei and home. This just to show that we are not wheelchair-bound yet. We used to own a 110 Defender TDi, but some time ago, about July 2010, we decided we needed something a bit more comfortable and easier for the wife to drive, so we traded to a Jeep Cherokee 2,8CRD automatic. Very quiet and comfortable, with lots of gadgets: built-in SATNAV and the like. Not new, but just about; a ‘demo’ with just over 6 000km on the dial. About 30 000k later the heater heat exchanger ( inside, under the dash-board) started leaking coolant. Fortunately still under guarantee so it was replaced at no cost; just a bit of inconvenience getting to and from Lambert’s bay as there was no part in stock at the dealer and had to be ordered etc. You won’t believe this, but roughly 10 000k later in fact, on the way back from Namibia, the same problem! Highly disgusted, back to the dealer and the same story all over again. Well, we thought this was really just ‘Murphy’ and everything must be OK now but just short of 50 000k........yes, you guessed it......the same problem, a 3rd time! I won’t bore you with details of the telephone calls, letters and e-mails to Chrysler SA., or the shouting matches with the dealer etc. I will probably get in trouble if I mention names here, but anyway this time the coolant was all over the carpets and the vehicle could not be driven, it was losing coolant so fast, it had to be loaded onto a low-bed and taken to another dealer (on my insistence) in the CT area. These guys did a proper job and really bothered to find out what was going on. It turned out, the coolant liquid was highly acidic (why we still don’t know) and this was corroding the heat exchanger metal, which is a thinner structure than the main radiator. So finally it was repaired properly, the cooling system flushed and refilled with new coolant; which should have been done at the first malfunction.
    By this time I have had enough and thought other vital parts could have been affected; so after many more e-mails, threats and phone-calls I was offered a reasonable deal on a new - 2012 – model, and that’s what I’m driving at the moment.
    You might think me stupid to go back to the same model after such an experience, but by this time, I had had a roof-rack custom made as well as a battery pack for the camp fridge; since there is no way to fit a standard auxilliary battery anywhere in the Cherokee. Furthermore it is really a nice car; well made, quiet interior, very smooth auto transmission and sufficient power without being too thirsty. I just hope this one lasts. Done only 10 000k so far. Will keep the forum informed. It would be interesting to know if any other Jeep owners have had a similar experience?
    The only thing that reakky irks me about these cars is that it seems one cannot get updated software for the SATNAV system. With towns- and streetnames changing every so often it is no longer very accurate. The Chrysler guys mumble something about the software licence with NAVTEQ having expired and not renewed etc. Can anybody cast some light on this and perhaps offer a solution?
    Looking forward to further interesting discussions and as I am really Afrikaans speaking, I’m happy to see that both languages are accommodated here.

Welkom hier op die forum Alto, lekker plek om te kuier en te leer

... sal jou ook dan maar liewers nie "GrandPa" nie
    Johan Mitchell, Swambo : Marthie.

My beste kennis is dié oor my eie onkunde

'96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150.
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast