Gloria might have to go.... - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Gloria might have to go....

Good day.

It would appear to me that the mind is made up to let go of the DC. The question that remains is the price?

Last week is sold my '09 Ranger 3.0 TDCI 4x2 and i got R150k for it. Yours being 5 year older i would say R100 - R80 sounds about right to me..
    ONE DAY, YOUR LIFE WILL FLASH IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES....MAKE SURE IT IS WORTH WATCHING!

BIIIIG mistake to sell. It's paid, insurance relatively cheap. Running cost will be cheaper than any small car with an instalment. Just my opinion off course.
    2013 Pajero GLS LWB
    Frontrunner roofrack
    Air helper suspension
    Dual battery system
    Takla seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by gebersohn View Post
    Good day.

It would appear to me that the mind is made up to let go of the DC. The question that remains is the price?

Last week is sold my '09 Ranger 3.0 TDCI 4x2 and i got R150k for it. Yours being 5 year older i would say R100 - R80 sounds about right to me..
    Good day to you too, kind sir.... but it does appear as if you might have missed post #33. And the mind was never 'made up' either.

But thank you in any event for your opinion on the price. You should note though that your's was a diesel. With the current petrol price a 4lit V6 auto might even be less in demand. So, yes, IF I was to sell, I'd probably be happy to get R80K.

Quote Originally Posted by Caza View Post
    BIIIIG mistake to sell. It's paid, insurance relatively cheap. Running cost will be cheaper than any small car with an instalment. Just my opinion off course.
    An opinion I value, nonetheless. However, there was not going to be any installment. I was going to buy cash. And once I sold the bakkie I'd probably have put R20K+ back into my account more than I took out... The insurance of the small runabout was going to be about the same as the bakkie's, and the license a helluva lot cheaper.

The idea was to save on the running costs (including using up a set of 31" MT's) of the Jeep. It's a scary idea, but tyres alone is about R12K a set now. Let's say I need to replace them every 5 years (and I doubt I'll get that), it equates to R200 p/month JUST for tyres.

You see the reason for my doubts...?? It's still there in the back of my mind. Yet, for the time being, I think we've got a solution to my running costs.
    André Opperman
    Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can - there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did. Sarah Caldwell.

"Boerbok" - 98 Jeep XJ 4lit auto
    "Gloria" - 04 Ranger D/C 4lit auto

Ok Im going to stop reading now.
    Before I find out where my cash is disappearing to.
    If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. SJ

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Damdan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Caza View Post
    well the thing is he is going to use the money to buy a small car that has cheaper running cost and insurance so that arguement pretty much goes out the window.
    Audi S6 2008 - v10 Quattro
    Audi A6 Avant - 2005 - 3l TDi Quattro
    Audi Q5 - 2009 - 3l TDI Qauttro
    Audi 90 Coupe - 1995 - 2.8l V6 quattro
    VW Touareg - 2005 - V10 TDi Awd
    VW Passat CC - 2013 - 2l TDi bluemotion(repair project)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan van Tonder For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3