Portable battery and Brad Harris plug question

Default Portable battery and Brad Harris plug question

Name:  IMG_9964.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  327.8 KB

Evening, I have a question for the people in the know. Today a buddy of mine installed a portable battery pack for me in my patrol, as well as a brad Harris plug outside next to my tow bar. This is to charge my wildebeest trailer while driving. Now there was some miscommunication between us, but he did it for free so I can't complain. And everything is working. But my question is this. For the outside BH plug to be active, the wire with the purple circle needs to be connected to the battery in the power pack. Thats all fine if I want to take both, but I don't need the power pack when I have the trailer, so my question is this....

Can I cut the wire at the purple circle and add a BH plug there also, then I can either connect the purple circle BH to either the green circle BH (which comes from the main battery) if the portable box is not available. Or if it is in the patrol, just connect the purple circle BH to the blue circle BH on the battery box (50a)? Seeing how my knowledge of electricity and charges is very dangerous to the modern world, will this be possible without me burning everything down?

Default Re: Portable battery and Brad Harris plug question

Red and Grey BH plugs do not fit into each other .............. they are designed like that.
    Last edited by AndyT; 2018/05/25 at 07:08 PM.
    Safe Diving

Andy

2013 Isuzu KB6 300 DC 4X4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrews_underwater_images/

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Red and Grey BH plugs do not fit into each other .............. they are designed like that.
    So if I buy a red one, and connect it at the purple circle, I can connect it to the red BH coming from the vehicle and so charge the trailer (if I don't want to charge the battery box)?

My suggestion is buy different colours for different feeds.

My DC2DC uses grey BH plugs from the crank battery
    Red BH from Solar (1 at panels / extension and 1 to feed into DC2DC)
    Then for fridge outputs I use Blue BH plugs

This way I should never connect anything incorrectly since colour can only connect to same colour.

You can also get yellow and black, so no need to ever mix up circuits

Does the wildebeest run with only a battery or does it have its own solonoid system. If solonoid is present rather run another set of cables to the towbar Harris plug.

My thoughts too

If your feed from the crank battery is connected directly to the trailer battery, this will be seen as one big battery and without a solenoid or dc-dc system you will have very little control. If one battery fails it will pull the other down too.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R