Corsa C Rear Brake Adjuster...doesn't

Default Corsa C Rear Brake Adjuster...doesn't

This morning on my way to work I heard the left rear drum brake on my Corsa C make a clanging noise. Again.

The fact that I now need to "double-tap" my brakes to get them to work tells me that the ratchet pawl on the adjuster barrel has (just like the last time this happened) slipped in-between the fork on the barrel adjuster (where it interfaces with the brake shoe) and the brake shoe itself.

Does anyone maybe have some advice on how to fix this permanently? I can see this becoming a tedious exercise if it has to happen every three months... remove wheel, remove drum, fix the position of the pawl, adjust the auto-adjuster (which - in itself - is tedious. lots of remove and replace drum until it fits just right), replace wheel.

The only thing I can think of, is to squeeze the prongs of the fork on the adjuster closer together, thus preventing the pawl from being able to slip in-between the fork and brake shoe.

Default Re: Corsa C Rear Brake Adjuster...doesn't

Had exactly the same problem with a yaris.
    I eventually lost my cool with it and replaced everything. That solved it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ocin For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Corsa C Rear Brake Adjuster...doesn't

Thanks, Ocin.

But if I could help it, I would prefer to fix it instead of just replacing everything...
    Last edited by Washburn; 2018/05/18 at 09:58 AM. Reason: my grammar sucks