Parking area traffic laws question - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Parking area traffic laws question

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    So if I have a sticker on the car for my wife, I can park there ?

Honestly guys. I canít believe people defending taking the law into your own hands on something so trivial and parking a vehicle in on purpose.
    Yes, then you can park there. The moral however is that she needs to be with you when you arrive, or leave or both. Not when she is home and you feel lazy...

Sadly SA has become a law-enforcent-less society. Just look at everywhere else on the road

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    -----------------------------
    Isuzu Frontier 280LX 4x4 2001

The moral high ground is playing policeman and issuing your own punishment, while breaking the law in the process, with a much more serious offense. ?

Itís exactly the same thing as hogging the fast lane at the speed limit to force the person behind you to succumb to your enforcement of the law, without knowing if they are experiencing an emergency, or just plain want to go faster than you.
    Switch on the hazards. Most drivers that actually look around will see and assume (hopefully) this person has an emergency. Seen it a couple of times.

If you just want to go faster, you should not be allowed to pass. Stick to the laws
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Switch on the hazards. Most drivers that actually look around will see and assume (hopefully) this person has an emergency. Seen it a couple of times.

If you just want to go faster, you should not be allowed to pass. Stick to the laws
    Well not to be a stick in the mud, but by law you are required to give way to a faster car behind you, irrespective of whether or not it is speeding.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    2 V8's a V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Well not to be a stick in the mud, but by law you are required to give way to a faster car behind you, irrespective of whether or not it is speeding.
    Agreed! Pity Apoc is not around to give us chapter & verse from the regulations.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Quote Originally Posted by RogueFrontier View Post
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

With respect, I don't believe that the thinking behind this quote was an invitation for citizens to get involved in what is the first step down the road to vigilante action?

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian.McM For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty. View Post
    Sounds like you are porko!
    I could not bring myself to add to your meager post count, but thank you! You so made my day, I have been giggling ever since I read your weak attempt at an uncalled for insult.

Why it is so funny will be completely over your head
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2018/05/18 at 04:09 PM.
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWW View Post
    This is the tough one, right of way. My wife's vision was obscured due to a SUV parked next to her, she has a Golf. Supported by the CCTV footage I viewed last night. She edged trying to get a clear view of the roadway behind her. Before she was even able to get a view to her left, this collision happened. The other driver had a clear line of sight from the moment he entered the lane. The collision happened roughly two thirds of the way down the lane. Fact is she could not have seen him, BUT he could have seen her reversing from the moment he entered the lane. His immediate response when the two came face to face was "Sorry Tannie, ek het jou nie gesien nie"
    Well, here's a bit of traffic engineering for you........

If he was travelling at 36kh/h, which is fairly slow but too fast for a parking area, he would have been travelling at 10 metres per second. If your wife's vehicle was obstructed by a SUV he would have only seen it when her car came out behind the SUV.

According to the geometric design manuals the average driver's reaction time is 2.5 seconds. The 2.5 seconds is for an un-anticipated event and measured from the time the object appears in your vision until you actually put your foot on the brake pedal. During this time you must actually take cognisance of what you are seeing, decide what to do, and start doing it !

So this guy could have easily travelled 25metres from the time your wife's car appeared from behind the SUV until he put his foot on the brake pedal. And if he was fiddling with his car radio or his cell phone the distance can easily double !

Johan
    2011 Daihatsu Terios 4x4
    2016 Isuzu KB300 Ext Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post

Now that is funny, do you think Shorty will get it? Maybe he will need a step?
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2016 VW Amarok 4motion DC(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Boskriek 567, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha 70hp 4st.

Nope Bruce he will not get it, ROFL
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT
    BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    I could not bring myself to add to your meager post count, but thank you! You so made my day, I have been giggling ever since I read your weak attempt at an uncalled for insult.

I was going to ask him if it is his nature to insult ladies like that, but I have been warned for going off topic...
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    I was going to ask him if it is his nature to insult ladies like that, but I have been warned for going off topic...
    Get back on topic please
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2016 VW Amarok 4motion DC(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Boskriek 567, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha 70hp 4st.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3