2018 Hilux Dakar versus 2018 Hilux Std. Help please. - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: 2018 Hilux Dakar versus 2018 Hilux Std. Help please.

Please enlighten me on all these versions. Not being a Hilux fanatic, I am a bit ignorant on all the various models and sizes. This threat has me curious though.

How many variants do they make? I now know about the Dakar, then there is the Legend (not sure of the number, is it 46? Are there other Legend numbers as well?). I also know of the Raider. Do all these come with different engines sizes (petrol or diesel)? Do you get for example the Dakar only in, say 2.8 petrol, and then the Legend in 2.4 diesel?

Will a particular type (e.g. Dakar) be more geared for over-landing than any of the other Hiluxes?

In the end, if you get all the types in all the engines sizes, why would one decide to buy the Legend rather than the Raider or the Dakar? Is there some criteria that will be indicative of what type is more suited to a specific application?
    Hermanator

Herman Smit

Its all cosmetic.
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    You do know that all the Brater units had a totally upgraded suspension and you could order it chipped/remapped(150/500nm I think??).......with or without all the plastic crap
    Friend told me today that you donít get Toyota warrantee on the Brater ,is it true his wife work for Toyota. Itís price R690 000.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanator View Post
    Please enlighten me on all these versions. Not being a Hilux fanatic, I am a bit ignorant on all the various models and sizes. This threat has me curious though.

How many variants do they make? I now know about the Dakar, then there is the Legend (not sure of the number, is it 46? Are there other Legend numbers as well?). I also know of the Raider. Do all these come with different engines sizes (petrol or diesel)? Do you get for example the Dakar only in, say 2.8 petrol, and then the Legend in 2.4 diesel?

Will a particular type (e.g. Dakar) be more geared for over-landing than any of the other Hiluxes?

In the end, if you get all the types in all the engines sizes, why would one decide to buy the Legend rather than the Raider or the Dakar? Is there some criteria that will be indicative of what type is more suited to a specific application?
    Hi Herman,

Legend is every 5 years. Next One I guess is in 2019 and will be a Legend 50. Was going to wait for that one however my ML needs to be replaced hence the Dakar Hilux.

The Dakar is the same Hilux just with cosmetic changes outside (new nose) plus leather and navigation included. So the Dakar is technically the same Hilux, not better.

There is also a limited number of Dakars, which should help with resale later. I was told.

My 2 cents. I am sure others can add.

W

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigVan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.T View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth. I am thinking that some dealers are just BS you into this "Dakar" version. Why has Toyota SA not released anything on this yet? No car magazine is talking about it, no articles of SA version anywhere on the internet? Why is there no marketing for this?

Some dealerships says yes there is a Dakar version other don't. I have seen two of these with the so called "Dakar" versions front bumper but without the Dakar decals, so there are some who already imported this body kit and fitted it to their normal Hilux.

I am thinking it is the same stunt as Bidvest McCarthy tried to pull with their Brater Hilux. You can buy all that kit form local shops here in SA. It is the same company that does all the Ranger Raptor kits.

Looking back a few months ago with the Hilux black edition, that was just some black paint added to a Hilux and it got way more marketing than this new "Dakar" version. Something does not add up.

Ek wou die Brater koop, want op fotos het hy baie goed gelyk, maar toe hy by my aankom het dit aftermarket gese al die pad! Verf werk was swak, leer was nie mooi gedoen nie, en diepanele het nie perfek opgeline nie, en dit het my totaal afgeskrik. Is vandag bly het nie gekoop nie, ek laai die Dakar!
    '10 Disco 4 SDV6 HSE
    EKKE GAAN SAAM!!

Pieter
    Fortuner 4x4
    Echo 4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3