New Jeep Owner

Thread: New Jeep Owner

Default New Jeep Owner

Hey everyone,

I have recently inherited my old man's LHD, 2.5L, 1989 Wrangler.

The car is a little rough around the edges but I will be spending the next few months on a fairly large restoration.

The forum looks amazing. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Grant
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Jeep Owner

Hi Okalpha, welcome to the forum and leftie drivers club! My first 4x4 is a LHD and also under went a fairly large renovation on purchase!

It is alot of fun and worth all the time and effort to be able to enjoy it outdoors.

Where does the Jeep originally come from? That jeep may just be hot candidate for TV series and movies produced in SA. I made most of my restoration money back through movie shoots etc. being a LHD.

Many happy miles!

Welcome, nice looking jeep, is that a TJ or YJ? Nice color- donít see many white ones on the road when it comes to the TJs/YJs

Hi Okalpha, very nice looking Jeep, good luck with the resto
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

Quote Originally Posted by MBLife View Post
    Hi Okalpha, welcome to the forum and leftie drivers club! My first 4x4 is a LHD and also under went a fairly large renovation on purchase!

It is alot of fun and worth all the time and effort to be able to enjoy it outdoors.

Where does the Jeep originally come from? That jeep may just be hot candidate for TV series and movies produced in SA. I made most of my restoration money back through movie shoots etc. being a LHD.

Many happy miles!
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the info regarding TV rental. My fiance is in the props industry, so maybe I will have an in once the car is looking sharp. I am busy tracking down the original owner. It was purchased by my dad from a guy near Milnerton side.

Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post
    Welcome, nice looking jeep, is that a TJ or YJ? Nice color- donít see many white ones on the road when it comes to the TJs/YJs
    Thanks so much. It's a YJ. Locally I have only ever spotted a Silver one? I am trying to piece together a full history for the car, but from my small inspection, it seems it's the factory colour. Time will tell...